The Starfighter variant starts with a Burst Laser Mark II and a Heavy Ion, along with Mind Control but only has level 1 sensors, which are quite out of the way. Starfighter's crew consists of Federation allies.
The Starcruiser variant is the Starfighter variant with a complete makeover. It starts with a Chain Laser and an Anti-Bio Beam, looking for crew kills similar to the Slug A. Its systems are spread out, but not in the usual manner, as the order is all jumbled up.
However, it lacks a functioning shield system and relies on its funky drones for defense. Starcruiser's crew is diversified. All in all, Starcruiser is more different from Starfighter than it is similar.
The Starstealth variant has all its starting systems tightly packed to the top of the ship. However, getting boarded becomes a run for the doors system which is away from the rest. It lacks a shield system altogether, but makes up for it with its interesting weapons and Cloaking unit, along with a bit better starting engines.
Starstealth is spread thin -- its crew is small and are opposites, but because of this, are better equipped for disaster. This variant has a similar theme as the Stealth B, but its execution is different.
Code: Select all
- fixed not being able to use hacking on the type A, the Starfighter. had to make the right airlock room bigger to compensate.
- added actual shields. the shield ellipse is slightly larger than before, but couldn't even be seen before because of the lack of actual shields
- made all the mounts visible. figured people like looking at weapons. also, previously the first two weapon mounts were at the bottom of the ship, which can't even be seen.
- fixed all the room interior images so that they are no longer in the way of any doors
- fixed the room interior glows so that they're in the right place
- gave the standard imperial laser in the starstealth a faster cooldown
- fixed some typos
- made the description of the standard imperial laser+ have less lore, and added that lore to the tip box
- since all three share the same shield image, now there's only one image inside, and the first two share the same cloak so there's only one there instead of two. this makes it a bit more compact and removes a bit of redundancy
- made the file names match the names of the ships (instead of b-wing1, b-wing3)
- added an SMM description featuring a little about each ship
- changed bs matrix cloak images into actual cloak images
- except for type C, where I couldn't get my cloak procedure to work so I did something special ;)
- added ability to get clonebay to type B and C; for some reason this was missing
- type C's clonebay mount is in just the right spot
- type B
- Defense Drone Mark III
- cooldown is fine; cannot intercept dual lasers burst for example
- changed description
- power requirement 2 --> 3
- drone art is now something else, not a copy of defense II
- Anti-Drone (special)
- added, because beam drones are killer
- looks ugly on purpose
- sell value is 0 because of that
- works like regular anti-drone, same power req.
- removed Rock Plating because of its sell value
- added 1 more power as a result of defense 3's power req.
- type C
- burst laser mark I's changed into charge lasers
- changed charge laser weapon art into "standard imperial lasers" from ship description
- unfortunately, you can't see the change other than the equipment description because of
hidden weapon mounts;
- might change this
- there is something special about these...
- weapon control starting system level reduced from 4 --> 3
- engines starting system level boosted up from 2 --> 3
- ship description "galactic empire" changed to "Galactic Empire"
- changed type B configuration
- emergency respirators switched to rock plating
- slug repair gel switched to fire suppression
- defense drone I switched to defense drone III, like mkII but faster
- type B can now get hacking and mind control
- fixed the download link
- fixed stations for type B
- Replaces Kestrel A,B, and C
** Did not make the shape of the B-Wing;
Credit goes to RodentMastermind @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/topic/1462-rodents-hobby-blog/page-5
with the images unavailable on the site, here they are courtesy of archive.org:
- https://web.archive.org/web/20160810174 ... b-wing.png
- https://web.archive.org/web/20160810174 ... olours.png
used Superluminal 2 to make the ships: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24901
- add backstory/reasoning for type A mind control
- custom weapon art or possibly custom weaponry for type A and type B
- artillery weapon functionality for CE/CR
Currently the ships don't have any gibs; have not delved into splicing yet.
Click here for Mediafire Download Link
P.S. first time posting a mod