Level 3 sensors don't work on the boss.

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Number43

Level 3 sensors don't work on the boss.

Postby Number43 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am

Though it works on other enemies, level 3 sensors do not let you see the boss's power distribution. Thus I can't tell how much more damage I have to do to completely disable enemy systems.
Agent_L

Re: Level 3 sensors don't work on the boss.

Postby Agent_L » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:15 pm

I guess they're intentionally disabled on boss. Otherwise they'd reveal that boss cheats and it's weapons take only 1 energy.

Maybe there is a technical limit on reactor, so they couldn't just give the boss 50 power (which would seem fair for such a large ship)
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:27 pm

You're not the only one. I belive it's intentional since the Boss is a special ship. The Boss is a big cheater anyway...
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Number43

Postby Number43 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Still it's annoying not knowing how close I am to disabling systems, and makes the upgrade seem like a big waste.
undergroundmonorail

Postby undergroundmonorail » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:16 pm

I agree that they should work. I bought the level 3 sensors specifically for the purpose of fighting the boss, and finding out it was a waste wasn't a fun moment.

Agent_L wrote:I guess they're intentionally disabled on boss. Otherwise they'd reveal that boss cheats and it's weapons take only 1 energy.

I can believe that the rebels have super cool weapon tech that only uses 1 power. Why not?
UberFubarius

Postby UberFubarius » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Agent_L wrote:I guess they're intentionally disabled on boss. Otherwise they'd reveal that boss cheats and it's weapons take only 1 energy.

Maybe there is a technical limit on reactor, so they couldn't just give the boss 50 power (which would seem fair for such a large ship)

I don't see a problem with boss having, say, a 3 energy bar weapon system individually while using just 1 power to keep it active.

The problem could very well be that there's simply not enough screen estate to display all those bars (especially the shield bar).
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Hmm, isn't boss the only ship with multiplicated systems? (4x weapons)
Maybe that's the problem.
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!