Reset unlocks and achievements?

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
yanamel

Reset unlocks and achievements?

Postby yanamel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi there, is there a way to reset unlocks and achievements so you're starting completely fresh? A friend of mine used her steam account to install FTL on my computer so I could try it out, I liked it enough that I bought it for myself. But even after uninstalling and reinstalling, all her unlocks are still present. I'd like to start the game totally fresh, is there a way to do this? I tried deleting the "prof.sav" file and it didn't help. Thanks!
boa13

Re: Reset unlocks and achievements?

Postby boa13 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Removing prof.sav should be all what is needed.

Did you buy it also on Steam? I don't know how Steam works, but isn't there some kind of conflict if she installed the game using her account, and you installed the game... how? :)

If you did not buy it on Steam, then the game is most likely not installed at the same place as the Steam version. In essence, it is then possible to have FTL installed two times. (One in C:\Program Files\Steam\..., the other in C:\Program Files\FTL.) Are you sure you are running "your" game, and not "her" game?

Also, I have heard Steam has some kind of "cloud" "mirror" option that copies your save files across computers. Maybe when you delete prof.sav, her copy of prof.sav is instantly restored by Steam?
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:21 pm

It's likely that you started playing FTL on your account before you deleted her profile, so Steam uploaded her profile into the cloud. Just turn off cloud functionality for FTL by right clicking on FTL in Steam, go to "Properties" and the "Updates" tab and uncheck "enable steam cloud." Then delete everything in My Documents/My Games/FasterThanLight
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
ForTheLoss

Postby ForTheLoss » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:17 pm

Nice, just utilized this...helped a lot! Thanks.