FTL Patch 1.6.4 [Jan 25th Update]

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
User avatar
Matthew
Site Admin
Posts: 965
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:31 am

FTL Patch 1.6.4 [Jan 25th Update]

Postby Matthew » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:30 pm

Hello everyone. New patch is available but we're limiting it to a Steam beta branch for testing. Anyone can access it, check out more information here:

http://www.subsetgames.com/ftl_changelog.html

--------[January 15th Update]-----------------

The update is live on Steam and GOG now for everyone.

--------[January 22nd Update]----------------

There was a new patch released today to address many of the issues from the first patch. Here are the full release notes.

-Restored Fullscreen (Native) mode - but will require FTL restart to enable
-MacOS Fix: Backup Battery would crash the game when depleted
-MacOS Fix: Reconstructive Teleport works now
-MacOS Fix: Some systems crashed when renaming the ship or crew
-Fixed problem with capturing video with OBS
-Fixed crash when launching FTL through Steam with a controller connected
-Fixed issues with correctly identifying monitor resolution for Fullscreen modes
-Potential Fix for black screen startup and other graphical corruptions
-Potential Fix for music/sound corruption
-Potential Fix for alt-tab issues
-Keypad numbers should work for events/weapons now
-Fixed font rendering issues for ttf files (only effects mods)

There is a known issue with Sound problems after this update. We're working on it, please be patient!

-------------[January 25th Update]-------------------------------

v.1.6.6
-Fixed Fullscreen (Native) confirmation appearing again when returning to the main menu
-Potential fix for sound problems on Windows
-Fix for failure to launch on Intel HD cards
-Fix for unplayable framerate/lag on Intel HD cards
-Fix for crash when switching to Stretched Fullscreen
-Fixed Steam screenshots on MacOS
-Possibly fix for desktop resolution problems when leaving Native Fullscreen
Last edited by isla on Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unsticky
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Ody
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:48 pm

Re: FTL Patch 1.6.1 - Fixes Windows 10 Fullscreen bug

Postby Ody » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:02 am

Thanks for your work. I wanted to report that the patch still doesn't work. Since it seems that you can't navigate the options menu by keyboard, it is impossible to change out of fullscreen mode unless you feel like waiting for the mouse to randomly teleport to options and then randomly teleport to screen mode. Better than my odds for a cold drink in the afterlife, I guess.
Is there some way to change screen mode without the mouse?
User avatar
isla
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:22 pm

Re: FTL Patch 1.6.1 - Fixes Windows 10 Fullscreen bug

Postby isla » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:39 am

Ody wrote:Thanks for your work. I wanted to report that the patch still doesn't work. Since it seems that you can't navigate the options menu by keyboard, it is impossible to change out of fullscreen mode unless you feel like waiting for the mouse to randomly teleport to options and then randomly teleport to screen mode. Better than my odds for a cold drink in the afterlife, I guess.
Is there some way to change screen mode without the mouse?


Hey there, could you email us a dxdiag report (contact@subsetgames.com) so we can take a look at your system specs and see what might be happening since the patch isn't working on your computer?

To make one, press <Windows Key>+R to open the run dialog, then type dxdiag and hit enter. Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens, press "Save All Information" to make a text file you can email to us.
Ody
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:48 pm

Re: FTL Patch 1.6.1 - Fixes Windows 10 Fullscreen bug

Postby Ody » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:40 pm

I'm so sorry, I didn't investigate thoroughly enough before posting. It turned out that this machine had hung on some part of the Windows update which I was convinced it had completed. My mistake. The patch works perfectly now.
I'm happy to delete the post if you prefer.
Thanks for your work! -happy to get back to spaaaace
User avatar
isla
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:22 pm

Re: FTL Patch 1.6.1 - Fixes Windows 10 Fullscreen bug

Postby isla » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Ody wrote:I'm so sorry, I didn't investigate thoroughly enough before posting. It turned out that this machine had hung on some part of the Windows update which I was convinced it had completed. My mistake. The patch works perfectly now.
I'm happy to delete the post if you prefer.
Thanks for your work! -happy to get back to spaaaace


No worries at all. Thanks for the update. I'm ok with leaving the post up in case anyone else runs into the same issues.
User avatar
PIE15
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:19 pm

Re: FTL Patch 1.6.1 - Fixes Windows 10 Fullscreen bug

Postby PIE15 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:51 am

Hi Matthew, I would just like to add some feedback regarding Windows 10 touch support - in that I just installed the beta using steam and tested touch functionality. Touch events when using the main menu were not being recognised at all.
I understand that Andrew Church's SIL has replaced SDL for input in the new version and looking at the readme, touch support is supposed to be there for Windows versions greater than 8.

So, I was just wondering if Windows touch support has been disabled in the Beta? If you need any other info please don't hesitate and let me know. I'll do what I can to help.
For me, without touch support, the update completely breaks the game. Currently, touch support in Windows is possible using a modded version of SDL.dll provided by a forum member.
Because of the change to SIL, we can no longer just patch the touch support in (but from what I can see; it shouldn't be unnecessary due to the existing touch support in SIL.)

As an aside; I am interested to know how the ipad version works in regards to pausing in game. As I can see in the beta, a menu button has been added to the UI (along with other changes.) Is there a swipe to pause gesture or something?
I don't know anyone with an ipad; so I can't just ask them. Thanks. :D
Check out my FTL mods Planets and Combo
callmekrautboy
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: FTL Patch 1.6.1 - Fixes Windows 10 Fullscreen bug

Postby callmekrautboy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:13 pm

Revisiting FTL since upgrading to Windows 10, i'm experiencing the mouse lag issue. I switched to the beta branch but when attempting to run the game it crashes instantly. I did notice that compared to the normal branch, the beta is missing many files including the resource folder. I've done a restart of steam and verified the integrity of my game files with no change. Any help would be appreciated. I'm hoping the beta will make FTL playable again for me.
User avatar
isla
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:22 pm

Re: FTL Patch 1.6.1 - Fixes Windows 10 Fullscreen bug

Postby isla » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:31 pm

callmekrautboy wrote:Revisiting FTL since upgrading to Windows 10, i'm experiencing the mouse lag issue. I switched to the beta branch but when attempting to run the game it crashes instantly. I did notice that compared to the normal branch, the beta is missing many files including the resource folder. I've done a restart of steam and verified the integrity of my game files with no change. Any help would be appreciated. I'm hoping the beta will make FTL playable again for me.


Hey there, could you shoot me an email at contact@subsetgames.com? I'd like to ask some questions about your computer to see what might be causing this.
User avatar
PIE15
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:19 pm

Re: FTL Patch 1.6.1 - Fixes Windows 10 Fullscreen bug

Postby PIE15 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:47 pm

Just chiming in to say that Win 10 touch support works as per the patch notes. Thank You! This will make myself and many other people even happier with the game.
The update is very solid. Thanks again.
Check out my FTL mods Planets and Combo
User avatar
isla
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:22 pm

Re: FTL Patch 1.6.1 - Fixes Windows 10 Fullscreen bug

Postby isla » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:59 pm

PIE15 wrote:Just chiming in to say that Win 10 touch support works as per the patch notes. Thank You! This will make myself and many other people even happier with the game.
The update is very solid. Thanks again.


:D

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests