Custom event?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

Re: Custom event?

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:41 am

okay I came up with a template, on github gist here, https://gist.github.com/blizzarchon/656 ... 805c4f7554 (and yay revision history I guess). syntax highlighting is just impossible here in the forum code thing, so I figured github gist is better. (be sure to rename the files to .xml.append extensions, it's just .xml there to get the highlighting otherwise it just thinks it's a regular text file)

I'm not entirely sure what you meant by "Have the event feature custom dialogue that includes more options if the player has cloaking". you can make it so that the player is forced into events depending on level of cloaking (0, 1, 2, 3), but I read it as you wanted blue options. you can add more blue options for different levels of cloaking and make them mutually exclusive (highest level only, so for example if I have level 2 cloaking, only level 2 option shows up, not one).

I haven't actually tested what it will show up as but I'm pretty sure it will work (as long as you actually specify the auto_blueprint for the <ship> tag).

a rule of thumb to remember is that <choice> elements need <text> and <event> elements, and can only have those elements. everything else happens within the <event> element (and you need <text> elements for every <event>, otherwise the event will skip all the way to the end. useful sometimes when you don't need dialog, but lazy imo).