[SHIP][AE] Garbage Bag v1.1b

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
mr_easy_money

[SHIP][AE] Garbage Bag v1.1b

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:41 am

I've been putting off the release of this mod, partly because I was too lazy to combine the separate ships, but also because I didn't (and still haven't) made a type C.
Adds some trash to the game! Enjoy!
NOTE: Replaces Rock A and B. no gibs yet, though I presume the gibs for this wouldn't actually be gibs as if these exploded, it would be more of an eruption than a separation. also, I didn't create these images.

Garbage Bag Type A:
Holy trash! A garbage bag is just floating in space! And it's full!
Contains all sorts of things you would throw away, including bugs, metal, plates, and slimy stuff. I don't think that bag is going to hold... will you be able to maintain it without breaking?

Garbage Bag Type B:
Now this is some giant can of waste. Did I mention it's radioactive? Got all sorts of mutated stuff in here... Wait a minute! Something is brimming from the top of it -- Is this leaking?
Whether or not it will explode is up to you...

Click here for Mediafire download link

Code: Select all

Changelog:
v1.3 (upcoming yet to be released)
- Full Garbage Bag changes
--- renamed the flak gun mark i-ii to damaged flak gun mark ii, changed its description to fit, and changed the way the lights on the weapon look
--- thanks to slipstream tags, only sell value of rock plating is changed, in case other mods change its resist chance and/or description
--- made the weapon mounts visible instead of hidden
- Hazardous Waste changes
--- added 1 system damage + double damage to systemless rooms to the sludge cannon's shots for a bigger punch
--- boosted the sludge cannon effect chances from 10% fire and 9% breach to 30% fire and 28% breach.
--- dual lasers is now rusted dual lasers (art from arsenal+): it's slower and the 10% fire chance is now a 10% breach chance

v1.1b
- reduced sell value of Rock Plating from 40 to 25. it's stuff you'd find thrown away, not pristine condition. unfortunately changing the chance of it working would also change it for enemies so I won't do that.

v1.1
- added actual shield and cloak images (finally)
- improved interior room images to look nicer. in some cases where it looks funny, I left those in on purpose.
- cooldown of Flak I-II increased from 15 to 15.5. makes it feel more like a slow, hard to manage weapon than a straight up damage dealer
- removed starting drone system. it was too gimmicky and took up a precious system slot only for a lore reason so I did away with it. might return in a new form, who knows?
- changed the artillery to display the upgrade levels as x1.25, x1.0, x0.75, x0.5 instead of 50, 40, 30, 20 to make the "40 seconds base cooldown" actually have some meaning

v 1.0
- initial release
- cooldown of Flak I-II increased from 13 to 15

if you guys have any ideas for the type C, let me know. I was thinking of doing a recycling bin or trash can, and I guess FTL Fuel Recycler (CE) would make sense, or if I made a recycling weapon because I have more confidence than before to make the weapon art. I haven't made it yet because I couldn't find a good image of a side facing recycling bin. then again, I could just use a blue trash can.

to-do (in order of priority):
- move the type B down a bit so it isn't so high up
- gibs

personal notes/side remarks:
Full Garbage Bag is a parody of Full Metal Jacket. Here, the garbage bag is actually quite full as there is also sorts of stuff bulging out of it. At first, I thought of making a dumpster, but then I found this image, and then just went with it. T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶l̶e̶s̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶u̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶1̶.̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶2̶.̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶d̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶u̶c̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶.̶ removed in 1.1 update. on another note I don't have the patience to make minor changes to the art model of the drone.

Hazardous Waste got me thinking: what kind of gimmick can I go with this -- it needs to be more than just crew. as a result, this my first attempt at designing an artillery weapon. I wanted it to have like a slimy or acid-type explosion that would continue to damage crew but I know that's not possible. As a result we get a 3 shot weapon. now you might be thinking "hey this is just the boss laser", but no, it's different. I also ended up changing the projectile itself, but I can't remember what exactly the change was.

p.s. holy trash! looks like I'm the lucky number 30000 post! yay! :D
Last edited by mr_easy_money on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:42 am, edited 9 times in total.
Auron1

Re: [SHIP][AE] Garbage Bag v1.0

Postby Auron1 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:30 pm

The Rock Cruiser C could be turned into a biohazard case ship! :mrgreen:

(who said Umbrella!?)
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:43 pm

Well the first ship looks like a load of garbage. I guess I'll have to dispose of this pronto with a rubbish run.

Forgive me for dumping a load of these scrappy puns. It seems such a waste as I'll go tip the scales!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:40 pm

And now I've tried to do a run with the ship. Dammit FTL, why u no like success?
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:51 am

stylesrj wrote:Well the first ship looks like a load of garbage. I guess I'll have to dispose of this pronto with a rubbish run.

Forgive me for dumping a load of these scrappy puns. It seems such a waste as I'll go tip the scales!
stylesrj wrote:And now I've tried to do a run with the ship.

Thanks for showcasing my pile of rubbish! 'Twas a true trial of terrible trash.

Anyways, yeah... I need actual shield and cloak images, but I have a feeling the cloak is gonna look a little strange...
y'know, now that I think about it, maybe the floor image can show the interior of the bag?

And yeah, I apologize for the drone system. I kinda had that in there and just, on a whim, decided to release those ships not much changed. I see how forcing a drone system (esp. with a crappy starting drone) kinda puts that in there for no reason. The idea was good, but the result not...

Instead, I was thinking I'd replace the drone system maybe with a hacking system, except it is like one of the ship's in Gencool's Bizarre, where you have to upgrade twice just to provide a single power, except I'm not sure how that works at all, and I don't even remember which one of the ships it was. I might also change the hacking drone image too to make it look damaged if I do that. It would mess with the type B though.

I didn't think of the applications of Rock Plating in CE at all, but I think it's fitting, esp. how you used it to resist acid damage. One man's trash is another man's treasure...

I still think the Flak I-II is too strong. either increase its power by 1 or increase its cooldown. I also need to create its own weapon art, but I'm not sure what that will look like. It's supposed to be right smack in between Flak I and Flak II, except there isn't a way to have 2.5 power or have a cooldown of 15.5 seconds.

balance, balance, balance. what will the type C be... hmmm...
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:48 am

Eh, the Flak is strong but Bad Luck strikes anywhere and it strikes hard.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:27 pm

stylesrj wrote:And now I've tried to do a run with the ship. Dammit FTL, why u no like success?

This kind of stuff is why I love this Forum. :D :D :D
mr_easy_money

Re: [SHIP][AE] Garbage Bag v1.1b

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon May 22, 2017 7:20 pm

Garbage Bag v1.1b

so... I finally added proper shield and cloak images, as well as fixing interior room imagery.

also removed the drone system on the type A, because it was really just a gimmick that didn't work.

made the flak a bit slower, makes it more of a slow, hard to handle weapon.
mr_easy_money wrote:except there isn't a way to ... have a cooldown of 15.5 seconds.

and this is a lie. 15.5 seconds is perfectly fine; that's the new cooldown, right in between 10 seconds and 21 seconds. 16 seconds is a bit much, and remember that longer cooldowns make more of a difference than at first glance

think I made some other changes, which you can find in the changelog. minor fix in 1.1b to make rock plating sell for less. it was thrown away after all. ;)

aand you might notice the piloting console is in front of a door on the type A. this is on purpose, as the airlock ahead of that room is the front of the bag, so like it opens up like that on purpose, maybe imagine the airlock room is more of a crawlspace 8-)
BrenTenkage

Re: [SHIP][AE] Garbage Bag v1.1b

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:08 am

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269