Adds some trash to the game! Enjoy!
NOTE: Replaces Rock A and B. no gibs yet, though I presume the gibs for this wouldn't actually be gibs as if these exploded, it would be more of an eruption than a separation. also, I didn't create these images.
Garbage Bag Type A:
Holy trash! A garbage bag is just floating in space! And it's full!
Contains all sorts of things you would throw away, including bugs, metal, plates, and slimy stuff. I don't think that bag is going to hold... will you be able to maintain it without breaking?
Garbage Bag Type B:
Now this is some giant can of waste. Did I mention it's radioactive? Got all sorts of mutated stuff in here... Wait a minute! Something is brimming from the top of it -- Is this leaking?
Whether or not it will explode is up to you...
Click here for Mediafire download link
Code: Select all
v1.3 (upcoming yet to be released)
- Full Garbage Bag changes
--- renamed the flak gun mark i-ii to damaged flak gun mark ii, changed its description to fit, and changed the way the lights on the weapon look
--- thanks to slipstream tags, only sell value of rock plating is changed, in case other mods change its resist chance and/or description
--- made the weapon mounts visible instead of hidden
- Hazardous Waste changes
--- added 1 system damage + double damage to systemless rooms to the sludge cannon's shots for a bigger punch
--- boosted the sludge cannon effect chances from 10% fire and 9% breach to 30% fire and 28% breach.
--- dual lasers is now rusted dual lasers (art from arsenal+): it's slower and the 10% fire chance is now a 10% breach chance
- reduced sell value of Rock Plating from 40 to 25. it's stuff you'd find thrown away, not pristine condition. unfortunately changing the chance of it working would also change it for enemies so I won't do that.
- added actual shield and cloak images (finally)
- improved interior room images to look nicer. in some cases where it looks funny, I left those in on purpose.
- cooldown of Flak I-II increased from 15 to 15.5. makes it feel more like a slow, hard to manage weapon than a straight up damage dealer
- removed starting drone system. it was too gimmicky and took up a precious system slot only for a lore reason so I did away with it. might return in a new form, who knows?
- changed the artillery to display the upgrade levels as x1.25, x1.0, x0.75, x0.5 instead of 50, 40, 30, 20 to make the "40 seconds base cooldown" actually have some meaning
- initial release
- cooldown of Flak I-II increased from 13 to 15
if you guys have any ideas for the type C, let me know. I was thinking of doing a recycling bin or trash can, and I guess FTL Fuel Recycler (CE) would make sense, or if I made a recycling weapon because I have more confidence than before to make the weapon art. I haven't made it yet because I couldn't find a good image of a side facing recycling bin. then again, I could just use a blue trash can.
to-do (in order of priority):
- move the type B down a bit so it isn't so high up
personal notes/side remarks:
Full Garbage Bag is a parody of Full Metal Jacket. Here, the garbage bag is actually quite full as there is also sorts of stuff bulging out of it. At first, I thought of making a dumpster, but then I found this image, and then just went with it. T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶l̶e̶s̶s̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶u̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶1̶.̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶2̶.̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶d̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶u̶c̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶.̶ removed in 1.1 update. on another note I don't have the patience to make minor changes to the art model of the drone.
Hazardous Waste got me thinking: what kind of gimmick can I go with this -- it needs to be more than just crew. as a result, this my first attempt at designing an artillery weapon. I wanted it to have like a slimy or acid-type explosion that would continue to damage crew but I know that's not possible. As a result we get a 3 shot weapon. now you might be thinking "hey this is just the boss laser", but no, it's different. I also ended up changing the projectile itself, but I can't remember what exactly the change was.
p.s. holy trash! looks like I'm the lucky number 30000 post! yay!