[OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
JerC

Re: [OVERHAUL] Arsenal+ English Translation

Postby JerC » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:37 pm

Is there a way to revert the Ion intruder power requirement to original? Like changing a file? Because I honestly can't stand it and is way too massive of a change that enemies abuse it so much.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:25 am

Hey all, it's been long overdue but I finally updated the links with the 1.27 changes. The main thing that was added is the new faction of Morphs: new sectors, weapons, and ships. There are also some new events, as well as miscellaneous bug fixes. This update is about a year and a half overdue, which was mostly finished several months ago. :oops: So... yeah, here it is, finally. :roll:

Well the next thing to do is integrate the Russian 1.28 WIP changes to the English version, which will integrate hyperspace functionality into the mod. Yeah, that's the next thing for this mod.

------------
JerC wrote:The Engi A of the Ship pack 1 (Ambulance) cannot have manned engines for some reason..? The Rock C (Miner) also has the crew manning the engine look at the wrong direction.

Thanks for pointing these out, these are now fixed along with that other one for the Mantis A artillery.

I don't know if you're still looking for it, but here's a tiny mod that should revert the ion intruder power to vanilla: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0ozo9qpa537h ... r.ftl?dl=0

Yeez wrote:I've seen a lot of FTL mods in my time playing this game, and I have to say that this mod is easily the best mod I've come across. The content in the mod and the translation is perfect. I've never had a problem with this mod, and I hope it gets updates in the future. I know this mod isn't completely done by one person, but I send my best regards to MrEasyMoney for translating the game, and my best regards to the modding team as a whole. Thanks for all of the hard work that has been put into the mod, it has not gone unnoticed!

Sorry for the ages late reply. I just wanted to say thanks for the kind words, this really means a lot to me.
JerC

Postby JerC » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:11 pm

Cheers, thanks for taking the time !
Maverick25

Postby Maverick25 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:30 am

Hey, mr_easy_money. I apologize for the off-topic post; the forum won't let me private message you because I'm a new user, and I saw you were really active here.
I was wondering if you happened to have the file from this mod laying around on your pc? The download link broke, and I have scoured all over the internet for it.
https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic ... 12&t=32275

I have also clocked a ton of hours on Arsenal+ and I am in love with it <3 Thank you for your contributions to the modding community!
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:52 am

Maverick25 wrote:I was wondering if you happened to have the file from this mod laying around on your pc? The download link broke, and I have scoured all over the internet for it.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32275&#91

I have... something. I believe it is only the first version of the mod, based on the dates, so it's missing many of the later updates. I lost interest in the mod when its features could not be toggled. I believe the mod only works on FTL 1.5.13. But here it is anyway, hopefully something is better than nothing, though I can't guarantee much, sorry about that ~ https://www.dropbox.com/s/94ot813v5m64f ... d.EXE?dl=0

Maverick25 wrote:I have also clocked a ton of hours on Arsenal+ and I am in love with it <3 Thank you for your contributions to the modding community!

Thanks for playing!

Edit:
Most of the "Race changes" should be completely doable in Hyperspace. Also, there is another mod for the "infinite crew size" that you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=11&p=122016
zackyang

Postby zackyang » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:22 pm

Hi Mr Easy Money -- I really love your work and would like to hire you for a game project I'm working on -- do you have contact information? You can reach out to me at webworker1@protonmail.com and I'll provide my actual personal email address (don't want my real email getting spambotted)
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:21 pm

I'm CE player. Recently I watched progress of Multiverse. Now I read you want to make compatibility with Hyperspace.
- What is current progress?
- How would you compare this mod's features to CE or Multiverse? (UI, events, races, weapons etc.)
- What are future plans for this mod?
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:28 am

Hey. The Russian version already works with hyperspace, the English translation is on the way. Arsenal definitely has more content than CE; MV has more varied enemies and sectors, I guess (although ARS + has more weapons). MV develops very quickly compared to ARS+ and uses more new hyperspace capabilities. Our team is currently busy with our new project most of the time, but I will be updating ARS+ occasionally.
Image Image Image
DreamingHero

Postby DreamingHero » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:31 pm

I'm really hoping for that new version, a multiverse compatible version would be pretty awesome.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:23 am

It's pretty unlikely there'll ever be an MV compatibility patch, considering the two overhauls are vastly different and have completely different internals. Overhauls just don't mix, and probably shouldn't. The style of content and balancing would just be too different in general, and not really worth the immense effort it would make the two to even work in basic capacity together.