Questions here: an inquiry thread! [Updated Sep 15th, 2014]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
meklozz

Re: Questions here: an inquiry thread! [Updated Sep 15th, 2014]

Postby meklozz » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Sixfortyfive wrote:Can anyone help me figure out how to get the computer terminal glow (manning glow) working correctly on new room layouts?

This is the current version of the mod file for the ship I'm working on right now (playable Rebel Flagship):
http://sixfortyfive.com/temp/ftl/test.ftl

In short, I guess I'm asking why this code in rooms.xml.append doesn't appear to be doing anything:

Code: Select all

<roomLayout name="sixfortyfive_room_engines">
   <computerGlow x="5" y="1" dir="UP"/>
</roomLayout>

<roomLayout name="sixfortyfive_room_weapons">
   <computerGlow x="54" y="7" dir="RIGHT"/>
</roomLayout>

The piloting and shield rooms on this ship use standard, unmodified room layouts, and as such, their computer terminals glow properly. Even if I edit those two particular room layouts in this append file (say, by moving the position of the glow effect), those changes get applied and displayed correctly.

However, I haven't figured out a way to get the glow effect to appear for these new room layouts. I've tried specifying the default image set name (name = "glow") in the computerGlow tag. I've tried duplicating the default glow image set and implementing that through Superliminal. No changes seem to take hold, though.

<roomLayout name="sixfortyfive_room_engines">
automatically adds 'room_' at the start, renaming your img to 'room_sixfortyfive_room_weapons' and changing the line in the ship blueprint to

<weapons power="8" room="5" start="true" img="room_sixfortyfive_room_weapons">
fixes this.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:57 pm

Can we make an artillery weapon where more system power meant more damage, or more projectiles?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:32 am

TaxiService wrote:Can we make an artillery weapon where more system power meant more damage, or more projectiles?

I'm pretty sure that's hard-coded, but you could always put in a request to make that happen here.
igneduptoreportabug

Postby igneduptoreportabug » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:28 pm

Is there some kind of image that I can use to make my ship look like a "pirate" ship, or are they drawn on when people make these mods?
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:44 am

igneduptoreportabug wrote:Is there some kind of image that I can use to make my ship look like a "pirate" ship, or are they drawn on when people make these mods?

If you want pirate tattoos on a ship that's only a re-color I can do that for you. :)
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
CurseDC

Postby CurseDC » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:45 pm

How do you get GIMP images onto Superluminal2? I can't seem to change the extension to .png
Help!
Please!
fdagpigj

Postby fdagpigj » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:00 pm

CurseDC wrote:How do you get GIMP images onto Superluminal2? I can't seem to change the extension to .png
Help!
Please!

In GIMP, use Export As (shortcut Shift+Ctrl+E) instead of Save As (shortcut Shift+Ctrl+S)
CurseDC

Postby CurseDC » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:02 am

fdagpigj wrote:
CurseDC wrote:How do you get GIMP images onto Superluminal2? I can't seem to change the extension to .png
Help!
Please!

In GIMP, use Export As (shortcut Shift+Ctrl+E) instead of Save As (shortcut Shift+Ctrl+S)

Thanks!
PR0T05T33L

Postby PR0T05T33L » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Is there an easy way to adjust a system's maximum power on a specific ship? For instance, limiting the artillery to a maximum 2 bars of power? Is it possible to do this within Superluminal?
I play games and make LEGO MOCs. I also made this Mantis Frigate mod and with some help, revived The Acerbus.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:04 pm

PR0T05T33L wrote:Is there an easy way to adjust a system's maximum power on a specific ship? For instance, limiting the artillery to a maximum 2 bars of power?

(.ftl files are .zip files in disguise, renaming and extracting them ends up with a folder called "data", and inside this folder you'll find the "blueprints.xml.append" file, which is probably the file the ship is in)
yes, if you open the "blueprints.xml.append" xml data file, you can add a max attribute to the <artillery> tag

for example, the artillery on the fed cruiser:

(shortened to fit)
<shipBlueprint name="PLAYER_SHIP_FED" layout="fed_cruiser" img="fed_cruiser">
   <class>Federation Cruiser</class>
   <name>The Osprey</name>
   <unlock>There have been rumors of advanced ship construction in the Rebel Stronghold...</unlock>
   <desc>This ship features the latest in Federation technology: an advanced beam weapon that pierces through shields.</desc>
   <systemList>
      <artillery power="1" room="6" weapon="ARTILLERY_FED"/>
   </systemList>
</shipBlueprint>

the line

<artillery power="1" room="6" weapon="ARTILLERY_FED"/>

can be changed to

<artillery power="1" max="2" room="6" weapon="ARTILLERY_FED"/>

and that should limit the max the system can go. you can probably do this for any system

if that was too quick I'll gladly break it down further
PR0T05T33L wrote:Is it possible to do this within Superluminal?

I don't see any such option in Superluminal though