- Thanks to Gencool, for his Sensory Deprivation mod that gave me the idea in the first place.
- Thanks to Kix, for lending me some of his Federation and Slug player ship hulls.
- The black kestrel reskin (can be seen in the above GIF) is a touched up and recoloured version of a custom kestrel I got from someone on the forums, who for the life of me I can't remember their name. Who originally made it, I don't remember, all I know is that the original images have since disappeared.
This tool requires python 3 to run, which you can download here.
What is this?
FTL: Crazy is a randomising tool for FTL:Faster than Light, inspired mainly by the layout randomiser in Gencool's Sensory Deprivation mod.
This is not a conventional FTL mod, but it is instead a tool that creates a randomised mod that changes a bunch of values in the game. This mainly focuses on changing the overhaul 'meta' of FTL, randomly changing the effectiveness of various items, but can also just be used to see what happens what when you turn balanced off and get a 3-damage mini beam. And it tries to randomise as much of FTL as it can be.
- Basic Player ship randomisation, complete with new hull art and layouts. (For actually balanced player ship randomisation, there's KBA3u's and Rannl's randomisers)
- Random Flagship layout, systems and artilleries.
- Randomising as much of weapons, drones and augments as I can. (Cooldown, power, effectiveness, etc.)
- Randomises event appearances and item rarities in sectors.
- Various Customisations, including balance, mod compatibility with big overhaul mods and 'extra packs,' which just randomly adds a pre-made mod pack, right now mainly adding new weapons for variety.
Idk how good this actually is, but it's something I've been working on so I might as well release it.
Have fun with it!