[MOD] Playable rebels ships Advenced Pack 1.0 Out ! 7 news ships added

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Stormbringer

Re: [MOD] Playable rebels ships Advenced Pack 1.0 Out ! 7 news ships added

Postby Stormbringer » Wed May 25, 2016 1:01 am

hey nono I got to the end and found that the fed flagship is just a recoloured rebel flagship. You may be interested in this federation Dreadnaught
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29541

You can use it if you give me credit. I also have made another federation ship: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29527
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Wed May 25, 2016 1:05 am

sul wrote:Hi nono, just a question can i patch all the packs at once, since apparently some only add new ships ? Liked the rebel trapper black design super cool.

yes you can. I have done it and it works. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
BRINGITSISTA

Postby BRINGITSISTA » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:01 am

Hello! I appear to have issues installing the mod. I downloaded the original base pack and the scenario pack. I ran them through slipstream and opened my game. I see alot of visual changes, such as the main menu, the ship selection screen has rebels attacking the federation, and the ship crew has rebel outfits. The problem is, non of the ships have changed! I still see all the vanilla ships... The mod looks awesome but apparently is need help! Maybe it is because I am on a Mac? Any help appreciated! :D
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:55 am

BRINGITSISTA wrote:Hello! I appear to have issues installing the mod. I downloaded the original base pack and the scenario pack. I ran them through slipstream and opened my game. I see alot of visual changes, such as the main menu, the ship selection screen has rebels attacking the federation, and the ship crew has rebel outfits. The problem is, non of the ships have changed!

Are you sure that none of the ships have changed?

the original base pack replaces 4 ships: Zoltan Type A, B, C and Rock Type A
the scenario pack adds events and other visual changes, not player ships
the invasion pack adds two weapons and replaces 5 more ships: Rock Type A, B and Federation Cruiser Type A, B, C
the advanced pack replaces 7 more ships: Slug Type A, B, C and Mantis A, B, C and Crystal A
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:45 am

There are some errors that I shall address, to improve the mod:

First off: the front page says the version numbers are 1.0, 1.3, 1.4, etc., but the files themselves say 0.1.0, 0.3.0, 0.4.0 Is there a reason for this? I think it is better to keep it consistent so that people who use your mod can tell that they have the latest version for sure.

Original Base Pack:
The description for the Rebel Bomber Type A (Rock Type A) is missing a period (.) at the end.

Senario Pack:
The title of the mod should be Scenario Pack, not Senario Pack, because Scenario is the correct spelling.

Invasion Pack:
The description for the Rebel Scout AA Type C (Rock Type C) is missing a period (.) at the end.

The following corrections to the descriptions of the ships in the Advanced Pack are spelling and grammar fixes only (note: the description may not look like they are different, but there are fixes there indeed):

The description for the Rebel Trapper Type A (Federation Cruiser Type A) should read "The Trapper's black paint and cloak make this ship ideal for hunting down enemies of the Rebellion. Civilian or otherwise..."

The description for the Rebel Transporter Type B (Federation Cruiser Type B) should read "One of the Rebellion's Transport ships."

Advenced Pack:
The title of the mod should be Advanced Pack, not Advenced Pack, because Advanced is the correct spelling.

The following corrections to the descriptions of the ships in the Advanced Pack are spelling and grammar fixes only (note: the description may not look like they are different, but there are fixes there indeed):

The description for the Rebel Supply Ship Type A (Slug Type A) should read "This Supply Ship was used in battles to refuel and give missiles to the frigates and other spaceships."

The description for the Rebel Detector Type B (Slug Type B) should read "This little ship was used like a station to detect Federation ships, primarily in nebulae."

The description for the Rebel Boarder Type A (Mantis Type A) should read "This ship is the result of 20 years of cooperation with the Rock and Mantis legions of the Rebel army."

The ship title "Rebel Reparator Type B" (Mantis Type B) sounds cool, but reparator is not an actual word. Mechanic is a substitute that works. but reparator does sound cooler than mechanic.
The description for the Rebel Reparator Type B (Mantis Type B) should read "This ship was used by the rebels to repair outposts and space stations in Lanius space."

The ship title "Rebel Medical Fregate Type C" (Mantis Type C) should be spelled "Rebel Medical Frigate Type C", because Frigate is the correct spelling.
The description for the Rebel Medical Fregate Type C (Mantis Type C) should read "This massive frigate was used to take care of the Rebel soldiers."

The description for the Rebel PinkyBomber Type A (Crystal Type A) says that the description can't be loaded, unless this is done on purpose. If it is on purpose, then it should stay the way it is because then it really looks like an error.

These are all the errors I could find in the Hangar, so I hope you fix these. Once again, I am pointing these out for the improvement of the mod.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:09 am

I was playing with the base mod and all the packs enabled and playing as the rebel flagship (Zoltan C I believe) and the game crashed when I tried to go from sector 6 to sector 7. Here are some screenshots:

As the third screenshot indicates, 2 sectors are available. However going to either one of those crashes the game. And right here is something that doesn't quite make sense: the sectors on the sector map have strange names for the rebel sectors (Rebel Sect, Rebel Sec). have any idea what's causing this?
When in the actual sector, the sector name is fine as you can see in the 2nd screenshot "Civilian Sector TX-1", and I must say different names for civilian sectors is cool.

Something else: I noticed that there are still some events (Scenario Pack enabled) where you fight rebel ships even though you are the rebels.

There was something else I wanted to point out but I forgot... :oops:

And one last thing. You should remake the playable flagship's weapons. If you want to keep it OP that's all well and good, but the boss missile doesn't consume any missiles, which makes sense for the actual flagship artillery cause it just keeps firing without end, but on a player ship as a weapon it doesn't make much sense.
Everything is your call though, since you are the creator of this mod.. ;)

EDIT: and about losing the run. yeah I didn't really want to play any more of it because the weapons are just too OP. OP ships are fun to kill the enemy with, but they get stale and the ship fights just feel tedious rather than challenging. while it seems you would want to be always ahead, it seems that part of the reason why FTL is great is the challenge. you don't really think you want the challenge but it indeed is a crucial part of the experience.
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:50 pm

cool lokin mod :D
Dont Call it a comeback, I've been here for years

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:29 am

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269