[SHIP] [AE] Buteogallus and Cathartes (Railgun Cruisers)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
steamtex

[SHIP] [AE] Buteogallus and Cathartes (Railgun Cruisers)

Postby steamtex » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:38 am

Threw these two together while I was bored. Based off of CE Rebel Cruiser sprites. Replaces Federation A and C, respectively.

Buteogallus
The Buteogallus is equipped with a state-of-the-art weapon, from which it received its name: A high-powered anti-ship railgun, designed to pierce defenses and deal heavy damage to the enemy.
- Leto Missiles
- Dual Lasers
- Artillery: Buteogallus Railgun (Powers a slow, high-powered Anti-Ship Railgun that pierces all shields and deals heavy damage. More power means faster cooldown.)

Cathartes
This ship was captured by pirates before the railgun could be installed. Given their lack of technology, they went with the next best thing: A huge missile launcher. They brought an augment with them, but the ship has no teleporter. Yet.
- Flak I
- Artillery: Diablo Burst Missile (Powers a slow, high-powered missile launcher. The missile splits into 7 individual projectiles, each of which target the enemy ship. More power means faster cooldown.)

Download v1.2

Room layout screenshots for Cathartes coming soon(TM).
Last edited by steamtex on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP] [AE] Buteogallus and Cathartes

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:16 am

I've got to try those ships out! (And make a video run.)
steamtex

Postby steamtex » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:53 am

stylesrj wrote:I've got to try those ships out! (And make a video run.)

Note: I'm just fixing two small bugs with the two ships, if you decide to do so before I update it, keep that in mind. Otherwise, get 1.1 instead.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:31 am

I've got a cold right now and I sound very exhausted. So I might give myself a few days before downloading and recording a session so you can work out the bugs and stuff...
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:09 am

Need a type B?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
steamtex

Postby steamtex » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:09 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Need a type B?

I'm going to work on a type B paintscheme soon. Feel free to try it yourself (preferably based on the type A)
LM77

Postby LM77 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Looks like a great mod.

May I make one small suggest? On purely aesthetic grounds and reason of symmetry, might I suggest swapping the med-bay with the weapons system?

Other than that it looks really fun! :D
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:01 pm

LM77 wrote:Looks like a great mod.

May I make one small suggest? On purely aesthetic grounds and reason of symmetry, might I suggest swapping the med-bay with the weapons system?

Other than that it looks really fun! :D

I assume you mean the artillery room then the weapons room... which then kinda makes it a bit wonky?

It was placed there at the start of the artillery gun. Which makes quite a bit of sense... and in a way is symmetrical as you can imagine all the rooms that interact with the crew or vice versa are placed opposite of each other and such in a symmetrical load out while this non interactive part is in the middle.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
LM77

Postby LM77 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:44 am

R4V3-0N wrote:I assume you mean the artillery room then the weapons room... which then kinda makes it a bit wonky?

It was placed there at the start of the artillery gun. Which makes quite a bit of sense... and in a way is symmetrical as you can imagine all the rooms that interact with the crew or vice versa are placed opposite of each other and such in a symmetrical load out while this non interactive part is in the middle.

No, no, I mean the weapons system and the med bay. This would mean that the weapons room is in line with the shield room and med-bay is in line with the engine room. The artillery room stays where it is for obvious reasons. I just think it would look a bit more pleasing on the eye this way around. Personal opinion of course :).
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:24 am

LM77 wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:I assume you mean the artillery room then the weapons room... which then kinda makes it a bit wonky?

No, no, I mean the weapons system and the med bay. This would mean that the weapons room is in line with the shield room and med-bay is in line with the engine room. The artillery room stays where it is for obvious reasons. I just think it would look a bit more pleasing on the eye this way around. Personal opinion of course :).

I think that is quite personal opinion I think o-O.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.