Operation: Clonebay

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: Operation: Clonebay

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:05 pm

preflex wrote:
I think if no slot is specified it just goes with a default, and the default can be seen on the Kestrel A.

Yes, but the defaults seem to be different if the system is guns, engines, or shields, etc...

That's because each mannable system has a different default:
  • Clonebay: 1, none
  • Doors: 0, up
  • Engines: 2, down
  • Medbay: 1, none
  • Piloting: 0, right
  • Sensors: 1, up
  • Shields: 0, left
  • Weapons: 1, up
Those values are hardcoded as far as I'm aware, though maybe they're just hidden somewhere in the files... But they'd have to be hidden really well for me not to notice them over the course of two years :|

edit
Though maybe you could use the rooms.xml file added in AE, and knowledge of default interior images (the ones with no number at the end) to guess the defaults, eg.

Code: Select all

<roomLayout name="engines">
   <computerGlow x="5" y="53" dir="DOWN"/>
</roomLayout>

Default image for engines fits a 2x2 room. Offset for the computer glow specified here is 5;53, so that lands in tile number 2 for a 2x2 room... Exactly the same as the default in the list above.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
xxcrash101xx

Postby xxcrash101xx » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:34 am

well i was looking and idk if i read over it but are u making Extended platform support for kindle fire or no?
preflex

Postby preflex » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:11 am

kartoFlane wrote:That's because each mannable system has a different default:
  • Clonebay: 1, none
  • Doors: 0, up
  • Engines: 2, down
  • Medbay: 1, none
  • Piloting: 0, right
  • Sensors: 1, up
  • Shields: 0, left
  • Weapons: 1, up
Those values are hardcoded as far as I'm aware, though maybe they're just hidden somewhere in the files... But they'd have to be hidden really well for me not to notice them over the course of two years :|

edit
Though maybe you could use the rooms.xml file added in AE, and knowledge of default interior images (the ones with no number at the end) to guess the defaults, eg.

<roomLayout name="engines">
   <computerGlow x="5" y="53" dir="DOWN"/>
</roomLayout>

Default image for engines fits a 2x2 room. Offset for the computer glow specified here is 5;53, so that lands in tile number 2 for a 2x2 room... Exactly the same as the default in the list above.

Thanks! I was looking through the superluminal code to see how it was handled, there but must have overlooked it.
Inferring this stuff from the computerGlow sounds like a good idea. Wouldn't need to read the <slot> info at all then, eh?

xxcrash101xx wrote:well i was looking and idk if i read over it but are u making Extended platform support for kindle fire or no?

Not specifically. But Fire is Android, right? You should be able to sideload it. I won't be working on Android support for a while.
xxcrash101xx

Postby xxcrash101xx » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:56 am

i really dont know if fire is with android but im sure it isnt and now im kinda sad
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:08 am

xxcrash101xx wrote:i really dont know if fire is with android but im sure it isnt and now im kinda sad

Baby steps crash101, baby steps. First you have to make a working program before you even consider cross-platform support. Then once the program is complete, you need to test it for faults and once you're happy with the version you've got, you can then think about converting it for other platforms.

After all, it took two years for FTL to finally be available on the iPad.
preflex

Postby preflex » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:08 pm

xxcrash101xx wrote:i really dont know if fire is with android but im sure it isnt and now im kinda sad

Cheer up. It should be fine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_OS
preflex

Postby preflex » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:11 pm

Doors and crew now appear to be properly placed.

That doesn't look like the right sprite for the doors. It looks too big.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:22 pm

Superluminal uses bigger sprites for doors intentionally; this is to make them easier to manipulate in the editor.

Also of note is that your floor image appears to be one pixel off in each direction; I think it has to do with how FTL loads images.
preflex

Postby preflex » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:42 pm

NarnKar wrote:Superluminal uses bigger sprites for doors intentionally; this is to make them easier to manipulate in the editor.

Also of note is that your floor image appears to be one pixel off in each direction; I think it has to do with how FTL loads images.

'door_sheet', not 'door_sheet_large'. D'oh!
Fixed the off-by-one on the doors too. 35/2 was being rounded the wrong way. Probably same problem with floor image.

EDIT: Also, the exterior walls are the wrong thickness, probably why the floor image looks off-by-one.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:58 pm

So I discovered a thing about systems.
I didn't know where to post this discovery, but I thought maybe it could be useful here:

<event>
   <text>This is how you get systems in events</text>
   <system name="shields"/>
</event>
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image