[MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Anthonest

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby Anthonest » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:56 am

NEW SOUNDTRACK

https://soundcloud.com/anthonest/federa ... onus-track

Federation Might - Bonus Track

Was scrapped after about an hours work, decided to finish and upload as a bonus track. Enjoy all.
Kasrkin229

Postby Kasrkin229 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:49 am

Awesome soundtrack! You're looking really good on progress so far. Any idea on when an alpha or beta version of this mod will be released?
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:06 pm

Kasrkin229 wrote:Awesome soundtrack! You're looking really good on progress so far. Any idea on when an alpha or beta version of this mod will be released?

At the beginning of the year i was planning to finish up things to compile a beta at about this time but I haven't been able to work on it for about 3 weeks due to some legal problems, always a set back :roll:

The bulk of my work is actually converting the events, removing the rebels, adding in the feds, replacing ships, etc. I haven't even started on the custom events yet, but once I have the sectors and the events converted and the ships added i'm not sure if I want to release a beta before the custom events are finished.

There will be a closed beta and I will be selecting testers, just when is an I don't know. Just be expecting one in the coming few months.
Kasrkin229

Postby Kasrkin229 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:12 am

So i've been kinda toying with an idea for a new Augment and i thought i'd share it here since you're in the process of making this mod so it could potentially be added if folks like it.

Name:
Armory

Effect:
x1.5 Damage in Combat Not Stackable with Mantis Bonus
+15 Health

Cost:
50 Scrap

Type:
Passive, Similar to Gel Suits in CE mod

Description:
A collection of Assault Carbines and Body Armor useful for assisting your crew in boarding actions

I have a couple more ideas since you're taking more of the Professional Soldier angle with this rather than the retreating Captain, that is if you guys are interested.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:19 am

:)
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:58 pm

Kasrkin229 wrote:So i've been kinda toying with an idea for a new Augment and i thought i'd share it here since you're in the process of making this mod so it could potentially be added if folks like it.

Name:
Armory

Effect:
+15 Health

Cost:
50 Scrap

Type:

Description:
A collection of Assault Carbines and Body Armor useful for assisting your crew in boarding actions

I have a couple more ideas since you're taking more of the Professional Soldier angle with this rather than the retreating Captain, that is if you guys are interested.

It can't be implemented.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:23 pm

dalolorn wrote:
Kasrkin229 wrote:So i've been kinda toying with an idea for a new Augment and i thought i'd share it here since you're in the process of making this mod so it could potentially be added if folks like it.

Name:
Armory

Effect:
+15 Health

Cost:
50 Scrap

Type:

Description:

It can't be implemented.

You're right in a sense, augments can be implemented but are largely hardcoded, you can make small edits to them however. I think something as simple as damage could definitely be made, not sure though.

In response to Kasrkin, yes, i would like to hear more.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:29 am

I think something as simple as damage could definitely be made

Nope. Can't be done.
Awesome Warlord

Postby Awesome Warlord » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:10 pm

Anthonest wrote:Image

You think maybe you could upload that version of this mod?
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:45 pm

Awesome Warlord wrote:
Anthonest wrote:Image

You think maybe you could upload that version of this mod?

Definitely not, if you look at it you will notice it has no weapons... Also it would be very boring, none of the weapons are in yet, sectors aren't changed, absolutely no custom events, and plenty of the Rebel events haven't even been changed yet. Thats just literally the first in game screenshot of the ships, nothing else.