Question: What should be the next weapon pack I should make?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: Question: What should be the next weapon pack I should m

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:44 am

el Rago wrote:a weapon that not only is rare, but expensive and needs specific augs to be used...works for me.

in a similar vein of fire based weapons, how about gas based. Not so sure how it would work though. only way of clearing it would be by venting.

delivery could be my bomb or supermissile (pass alls shields).

Modding has it's limitations (and venting wouldn't make it better for that room due to the fact that both would cause damage.

However making a bomb (player only) that fires multiple times into the same room could replicate a super toxic gas effect.

however it will be hard to get the animations right, the sound right, the explosion right, for something that may be very OP and won't be in the finished product.

however a sneak peak of the upcoming Gauss rifles / Coil guns (Yes, both name means the same thing, however I just named it differently due to appearance. at least it's more logical then calling the FTL lasers "Lasers" even though lasers and beam in this situation mean the same thing however this laser is not light speed and can be shot at ...)

R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:05 am

Note; those weapons are not powered
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:52 am

Ooh, those are some pretty cool guns there.

(Note: the fourth and the sixth ones look the same?)
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:55 am

yeeeeees...

Somehow. Seems like I lost 1 or the rifles, No biggy however.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
el Rago

Postby el Rago » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:34 pm

those look mighty. The only thing I cannot fully understand are te jagged edges of the first ones. Those are the coils, methinks? and I guess once animated they will make sense, right?

after I posted the gas thing I got thinking the same. Hard to implement. and I though it wold be funnier to be used against you than against the AI.

The venting I meant as a strategy, you have to leave a room (leaving the manning bonuses) and be creative when and where to run to. Then again, some ships might prove a deadtrap.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:33 am

Yes, those are the coils. zooming in or seeing it on a more non-contrust background (ie seeing it on a darker background) would help distinguish.

Firing animation will have a glow effect going through the said coils.

And yea, the venting idea is very hard coded and if the ai uses it on you he will fire on multiple rooms and thus ruin the closest thing I can do with it in FTL.

Player can only fire on 1 room with a multi fire wepaon.
AI can fire on multiple rooms with a multi fire weapon.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
L'cie

Postby L'cie » Fri May 29, 2015 4:53 am

If this is still open here is what i would be interested in.
God/Precurser weapons. These would be stupidly powerful (eg. A bomb weapon that uses no missile and cause instant system destruction/crew death) but also incredibly rare, and need a lot of power. And would look awesome
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri May 29, 2015 4:58 am

L'cie wrote:If this is still open here is what i would be interested in.
God/Precurser weapons. These would be stupidly powerful (eg. A bomb weapon that uses no missile and cause instant system destruction/crew death) but also incredibly rare, and need a lot of power. And would look awesome

They already exist in-game. It's called the Glaive Beam and the Chain Vulcan :P
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri May 29, 2015 12:32 pm

L'cie wrote:If this is still open here is what i would be interested in.

Already had ideas for these kinda weapons, kinda got the idea of the T10 legendary weapons from freelancer. However I will impliment them last as they cover all the weapon fields and I want to introduce the fields I want first ie mines, torpedoes, ppc's, gauss, ac's, tes-... I said to much.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Cheese

Postby Cheese » Fri May 29, 2015 8:58 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Hello guys!

As you know I am making an FTL overhaul mod known as FTL: Engi Brigade and I am also working with another forumer to make his overhaul come true.

I am taking my time and it's already been a year since announcement however I am making progress.

I have learned that the best way to get progress, set up a good fondation for later. and have testers and stuff is to release Weapons first. And I kinda want to put them in the form of packages. (ie what I did with GO BALLISTIC)
It also benefits the community as well as there is a lack of AE weapon mods.

With that line of logic of making weapon packs.

What should my next pack be?

-Ion (including new ions and an alternate type of ion. I cant decide what to call the weapon so the testers may come up with a name! credit will be given)

-Beams (mainly beams of different lengths and such. nothing to fancy will happen. maybe a few unique looking beams but CE has flushed out nearly all the possibilities but I can think of a few beam ideas that will be fun....)

-Lasers (generic energy weapon. will have a few weapons and such to stand out and some plasma and chemical based weapons)

-Missile (simular situation with beams, a lot of missiles happened. I will do a few but it'll be minor differences)

-Mines (due to introduced exclusively CE so far, there is a lot of room for me to make my own mines as well!)

there are other stuff coming up but I do not want to really spoil it (or know what to call it) so just stay tuned.

I kinda made this thread as posting this on my FTL: EB thread often yelds no results while also these "packs" idea I made is more then simply an EB thing.

Answer one where we can make weapons! :D :lol: ;)