[WEAPONS PACK] GO BALLISTIC! version 1.3 "OFF THE RAILS!"

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
meev991

Re: [WEAPONS PACK] GO BALLISTIC! version 1.0

Postby meev991 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:26 pm

To clarify, I tried many times to put the two weapons with AE features on ships of my choosing. In the hangar...the ship blew up upon selection? If that didn't happen I would get a placeholder graphic. I used superliminal simply as a way to see if the weapon was even recognized as a valid weapon.

R4V3-ON, do you have a copy of the ftl that you work from? I mostly ask because I really want to play around with lbx cannon.

And thank you RAD-82 for the troubleshooting. I will attempt this fix but I am mostly unsuccessful so far. I am not good with these sort of things.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:27 am

Ships blowing up on start? Haven't seen that bug in a long time...never figured out what caused it.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:21 am

R4V3-0N wrote:So is that code down bellow only for helping superluminal access the weapons or are they vital to make sure the weapons stay on the AE side of FTL and not appear in the vanilla side.

That code should have no effect on Superluminal. As far as I can tell, the DLC_ITEMS list seems to just force a rarity of 0 on those things if AE is off so they don't appear randomly. I think they can still be "rewarded" specifically, but I don't recall if I actually tested that.

<stunChance> is disabled when AE is off, so you don't need a duplicate weapon for it. I feel like I tested <stun> when making my weapon pack, but I don't remember what that result was.

R4V3-0N wrote:Also would I do the same for artillery only weapons and drone only weapons?

These should already have a rarity of 0, so it is completely unnecessary.

meev991 wrote:In the hangar...the ship blew up upon selection?

This means the ship has no health. It was either set to zero or completely left out of the shipBlueprint.

meev991 wrote:If that didn't happen I would get a placeholder graphic.

As I said before, I did a quick glance. This time I looked a little closer. There is a problem with the filenames for the LB-X weapons, so they aren't matching up. The animation code for eb_autocannon_lbx_shot doesn't appear to exist.

I fail to see any problems with the Rotary weapons graphics, but the description on the mark II says 3 volleys instead of 5 volleys.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:48 am

I am on vacation but I still checking in using the wifi here (it is not as bad as other wifi from rental props/ hotels/ motels, but it is still worse then home). I do not have access to the files and such as of this moment.

However I can confirm that ships blowing up on the spot is not a problem in this mod. The ship files are copy pasted of the ship files IN the vanilla game, the only alterations are done to the level of starting system level in some situations and the weapons list and count, there should be no health missing or set to 0.

I find it funny that this cluster autocannon / the LBX autocannon animation is a reacurring problem, when it works It later on fails. It feels like all the sudden doing my progress on it that it just 'resets' to the older blueprint name...

eb_autocannon_lbx_shot should be the correct name so I assume the animation was somehow left out? Is the thing that's missing the Image or the animations name?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Noobjuice

Postby Noobjuice » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:48 am

Hey R4V3-0N, wow this mod is awesome! Lovin’ the style of these new weapons. :mrgreen:

I thought it’s a shame that these weapons don't appear on enemies in Captains Edn, so I made patch to fix that. I also threw together a version of the Starter Ship Extension that is compatible with CE.

When installing these patches, put them after the GO BALLISTIC! 1.0 Compatibility mod in Slipstream's modlist, and put all three mods after Captains Edn for it to work properly.

Download: GO BALLISTIC! 1.0 CE Patch
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:02 pm

have updated the OP to show a quote from you and the download link.

I will add new content soon, 1.1 will be arriving sometime later this week hopefully.

autocannon drone II, III, IV. Defense autocannon drone I, II, III (and minor variants), LB-X Autocannon artillery for Fed cruiser C,fixing the LBX firing animation, fixing typos for rotary autocannon, LBX autocannon defense drone. and more!
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Noobjuice

Postby Noobjuice » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:06 am

Cool, thanks for that R4V3-0N.

By the way, I did a bit of tinkering with this mod and I think I fixed the animation issues with the IBX Autocannons and Rotary Autocannon Mk1. I was going to set up a temporary link to the fixed mod, but if you're releasing an update soon then I'll just post a list of the changes here, in case they can help you out. 8-)

Code: Select all

--dlcBlueprints--
Line 22: <count>5/count>  ->  <count>5</count>

--dlcAnimations--
Line1: weapons/eb_autocannon_lbx_1_strip7.png  ->  eb_autocannon_lbx_1_strip8.png

Line 11: weapons/eb_autocannon_lbx_2_strip7.png  ->  weapons/eb_autocannon_lbx_2_strip8.png

Line 21: weapons/eb_autocannon_lbx_3_strip6.png  ->  weapons/eb_autocannon_lbx_2_strip7.png

Line43: <sheet>eb_autocannon_rotary_1</sheet>  ->  <sheet>eb_autocannon_rotary_2</sheet>

Line 52: Added missing animation sheet
<animSheet name="eb_autocannon_lbx_shot" w="160" h="16" fw="40" fh="16">weapons/eb_autocannon_lbx_shot_strip4.png</animSheet>
<anim name="eb_autocannon_lbx_shot">
<sheet>eb_autocannon_lbx_shot</sheet>
<desc length="4" x="0" y="0"/>
<time>0.5</time>
</anim>
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:29 pm

Thanks! (should have checked here before I cracked down on it myself. Would have saved some time.)

I have just made the BETA for version 1.1. Quote this post or copy paste the tiny line bellow to see what has been changed!

Removed Ballistic drones from drone list combat, adding a mark II, III, and IV combat autocannon drone, added a mark I, II, and III autocannon defense drone. (can't shoot down lasers, worse then defense drone I). These defense drones come in 4 different variants though. altering movement speed, fire rate, costs, and rarity! to just make it feel a bit more varied and not a let down sometimes. Also an LBX Anti Drone drone is added for AE content and Flak artillery.) LBX and RAC should have there animation problems fixed.

Normal 1.1 BETA
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2uc127s71mppa ... A.ftl?dl=0

Compatibility 1.1 BETA
https://www.dropbox.com/s/osxdnmtnauq5n ... y.ftl?dl=0

You guys test out this Beta and tell me if anything is wrong. (it should be... at best. Better then what is currently up I hope. however if any crashes occur let me know. Further problems with animations and/or awkward drones being awkward also alert me.)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Noobjuice

Postby Noobjuice » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:49 pm

I had a look at this mod over the weekend and made a few changes, and I think it’s all working smoothly now. there's a list of changes bellow, but I figured I’d also set up a temporary link, to save you the trouble of redoing it:

DOWNLOAD

I’m also working on a new version of the CE Patch, which will integrate ballistic drones better on enemy ships. I’m kinda busy with work at the moment, though, so I won’t be able to finish it until next month sometime.

--img\ship\drones--
- Added "charged" base and "charged" gun images for the defense drones. They’re just copies of the standard base and gun, but they’re essential for the drone icons to load correctly.

--dlcBlueprints--
- fixed an error on Line 22: <count>5/count>. For some reason this was causing Slipstream to terminate without throwing an error, which is why none of the weapons after this one were loading correctly.
- Line 50: added <cooldown>40</cooldown> to the LB-X Artillery.

--Blueprints & dlcBlueprints--
- Did some spell-checking and tidying up in the descriptions and tooltips.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:33 pm

Noobjuice wrote:Hi R4V3-0N, I had a look at this mod over the weekend and made a few changes, and I think it’s all working smoothly now. I’ve made a list of changes bellow, but I figured I’d also set up a temporary link, to save you the trouble of redoing it:

DOWNLOAD

I’m also working on a new version of the CE Patch, which will integrate ballistic drones better on enemy ships. I’m kinda busy with work at the moment, though, so I won’t be able to finish it until next month.

--img\ship\drones--
- Added "charged" bases and "charged" guns to the defense drone images. They’re just copies of the standard base and gun, but they’re essential for the drone icons loading correctly.

--dlcBlueprints--
- fixed an error on Line 22: <count>5/count>. For some reason this was causing Slipstream to terminate without throwing an error, which is why none of the weapons after this one were loading correctly.
- Line 50: added <cooldown>40</cooldown> to the LB-X Artillery.

--Blueprints&dlcBlueprints--
- Did some spell-checking and tidying up in the descriptions and tooltips.

You sir, are awesome.

I kinda always wanted a 'beta' tester for stuff for my modding and such as it means any variables that is on my side usually is gone and also brings input on it which I can't do myself. (Kinda)

I quite like working with people and having input because half the time I ask others "What do you think of this?" "do you think this is balanced?" etc...

Keep the download link alive for a bit, I can't currently download it but will tomorrow.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.