[WEAPONS PACK] GO BALLISTIC! version 1.3 "OFF THE RAILS!"

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: [WEAPONS PACK] GO BALLISTIC! version 1.0

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:35 am

Normal version:
So these autocannon weapons are meant for the Federation (and pirates in Fed ships), yet the autocannon drone is made available to the Rebels?
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:38 am

RAD-82 wrote:Normal version:
So these autocannon weapons are meant for the Federation (and pirates in Fed ships), yet the autocannon drone is made available to the Rebels?

The drone is in the list for "All combat drones".

I assume this is the same list the rebels use. The Federation doesn't use drones either...

So I guess I can remove this drone in general from enemy usage as all factions use the same drone list if I think now....
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:31 pm

version 1.1 will be out soon.

Changes will include more ballistic drones and some tweaking with the drones list to remove access of Autocannon ballistic weapons from the Engi, Rebel, and Pirates. (all use the same drone list).

The Lubalin Ballistics Autocannon Artillery will be added for the Federation Cruiser type C.

On a side note there will be 2 small ships that are a blast from the past that'll use mainly these ballistic weapons.
So if you want a ship that isn't simply a slightly altered Vanilla ship to use your fancy new guns then these Ships will provide you with all your dakka needs.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Make sure the ballistic artillery doesn't have more than 3 shots. The game will crash if there are more shots than targetable rooms, and CE has turret enemies with only 3 rooms.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:03 pm

NarnKar wrote:Make sure the ballistic artillery doesn't have more than 3 shots. The game will crash if there are more shots than targetable rooms, and CE has turret enemies with only 3 rooms.

Thanks for the advise however it is going to use the 'SHOTGUN' mechanic. meaning I can make it fire 10 times if I wanted to make it do that and it'll be fine. :)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
meev991

Postby meev991 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Are the rotary and cluster munition cannons not functional? I tried adding them to starting loadouts and it doesn't seem to take.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:33 am

meev991 wrote:Are the rotary and cluster munition cannons not functional? I tried adding them to starting loadouts and it doesn't seem to take.

They should be functional. They just require advance edition.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
meev991

Postby meev991 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:07 am

Yes I have advanced edition.

have you tried it on your end? I patched using your mod file and then opened up superliminal. I can see the autocannon and ultra autocannon under the catrgory "lasers / ions" but the other two are nowhere to be seen. When I run the game with the starter ship extension The Kestrel C should start with a rotary autocannon? Currently I don't see any that resembles an autocannon in the loadout.

If this is a problem on my end then I apologize.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:42 am

meev991 wrote:When I run the game with the starter ship extension The Kestrel C should start with a rotary autocannon?

It appears that ship is in the wrong file. It should be in dlcBlueprintsOverwrite rather than dlcBlueprints.

-----

At a quick glance, I don't see why meev991 can't access those weapons. I'd assume Superluminal would access the dlcBlueprints, since that is where the new AE stuff is.

However, I do see that Advanced Edition content doesn't have to be on for the player to find these weapons. There is a blueprintList in dlcBlueprints.xml that controls this, and the weapons haven't been added to it. The following code can fix that.

Code: Select all

<mod:findName type="blueprintList" name="DLC_ITEMS">
   <mod-append:name>EB_AUTOCANNON_ROTARY_1</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>EB_AUTOCANNON_ROTARY_2</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>EB_AUTOCANNON_LBX_1</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>EB_AUTOCANNON_LBX_2</mod-append:name>
   <mod-append:name>EB_AUTOCANNON_LBX_3</mod-append:name>
</mod:findName>
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:22 am

Aye, thanks for the help RAD-82.

So is that code down bellow only for helping superluminal access the weapons or are they vital to make sure the weapons stay on the AE side of FTL and not appear in the vanilla side. These weapons had no problems with me on my end thus far when I tested them but I've been known for failing to find mistakes or create mistakes just before uploading.

I was about to celebrate releasing a mod flawlessly without having 10 versions come after it. :lol:

In the future when I create weapons requiring AE I just put it in the coding DLC ITEMS you stated earlier?
Also do I require to make two copies of a weapon on 2 different locations for a weapon in AE and without AE? (ie an ion that is normal and one with a slight stun chance.) or does having the stun tag on the normal code blueprints just ignores it when AE content is off?

Also would I do the same for artillery only weapons and drone only weapons?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.