Is there a way to multiply HP/damage by 5?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
thereaverofdarkness

Is there a way to multiply HP/damage by 5?

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:30 pm

I've been plotting out a FTL mod for some time now and it hinges heavily on multiplying damage and HP by 5. This means cruisers would have 150 HP instead of 30, and standard laser hits would deal 5 damage instead of 1.

Reasons it is important for my mod:
1.) Rock Hull Plating, Titanium System Casing, and Reverse Ion Field - instead of having a chance to reduce damage, they just reduce it by a flat 1 per hit (2 for reverse ion field). This is especially important for the Stealth Cruiser because that means any one hit to a system won't take it offline at first, or a heavy laser hit will only take one bar out. Then you have time to repair it. (Makes up a lot better for not having shields.)

2.) Beam weapons - I want them to be more shield piercing like they say in their description (as opposed to only 2 out of 7 having any shield piercing capability at all), and further I want beams to deal damage once per room plus once per square. I would set their damage at 2x current as opposed to 5x current, and they would be slightly shield piercing, while the Glaive Beam would deal at least a bit of damage through any amount of shields.

And that's the main reasons. So anyone have any idea how it can be done?
Abs

Re: Is there a way to multiply HP/damage by 5?

Postby Abs » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:10 pm

I'm a relatively new modder, but I don't think this can be done. I've had troubles when first starting out with increasing the reactor and hull health to above the recommended amount. All it results in is a game crash. I'm still going to think about it, though, and let you know if I come up with an idea.

Abs
Click to go to the mod's facebook page for the latest updates!
thereaverofdarkness

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:24 pm

What's the recommended amount? I know I have seen AI ships with up to ten power bars in either shields or weapons.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:36 pm

You can modify hull health to high levels (the reactor, not-so-much which is probably what's causing all the crashes). But augmentations? You can't alter those apart from making the plating/casing have a higher/lower chance to absorb the damage from a hit.

And if you look at the Artillery Beam, that can pierce shields. I think the tag is <sp>5</sp> and can be seen on missiles as well. Just modify that tag on the other beams. 5 means it can penetrate 5 layers. So if you somehow mod the ship with 6 layers (easy enough to do. The UI even compensates for it) you have missile protection.
thereaverofdarkness

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Thanks!

stylesrj wrote:But augmentations? You can't alter those apart from making the plating/casing have a higher/lower chance to absorb the damage from a hit.

Is there perhaps a way to remove the augmentations and replace them with new augmentations that do what I want?
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:40 pm

thereaverofdarkness wrote:Thanks!

stylesrj wrote:But augmentations? You can't alter those apart from making the plating/casing have a higher/lower chance to absorb the damage from a hit.

Is there perhaps a way to remove the augmentations and replace them with new augmentations that do what I want?

No. Augments are hardcoded into the game engine until hell freezes over and releases Overdrive.
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:49 pm

This is a heavy handed way of dealing with the mathematics of the game, and requires excessive modification of way too many files, creating too much work.