[Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
rannl

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.1.1

Postby rannl » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Hey RR, thanks for the warm feedback, it means a lot. I hope you enjoy the Randtrel at least as much as I enjoyed making it.

As for your comment on the fed ship arti weapons issue : unfortunately, I've already tried renaming the arti weapon blueprint in order to create several weapon varients. This is not compatible with CE, since recognition of the Fed ship in events is based on the arti weapon blueprint name (thanks to Biohazard063's youtube runs for catching this bug).
Therefore, I can only use the blueprint names ARTILLERY_FED and ARTILLERY_FED_C for random artis.
I'll add a different random arti weapn for the fed C in the next release.

Any thoughts on what you'd like to see in future Randtrel releases ?
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:44 pm

rannl wrote:Hey RR, thanks for the warm feedback, it means a lot. I hope you enjoy the Randtrel at least as much as I enjoyed making it.

As for your comment on the fed ship arti weapons issue : unfortunately, I've already tried renaming the arti weapon blueprint in order to create several weapon varients. This is not compatible with CE, since recognition of the Fed ship in events is based on the arti weapon blueprint name (thanks to Biohazard063's youtube runs for catching this bug).
Therefore, I can only use the blueprint names ARTILLERY_FED and ARTILLERY_FED_C for random artis.
I'll add a different random arti weapn for the fed C in the next release.

Any thoughts on what you'd like to see in future Randtrel releases ?

Ah, I see... I hadn't thought about that. Just having 2 different artillery weapons is fine then. Just like Crystal Vengeance.

I'm really impressed with the current state of the Randtrel so I am actually having a hard time trying to figure out what more you could do. I believe all 3 types for each ship currently pull from the same pool. I actually prefer it this way and don't really think it would be necessary or practical to make 3 different pools for each ship. You have already implemented pretty much everything I wanted. So other than just adding "more" stuffs (layouts, hulls, and loadouts) I really can't think of anything else you could do.

If I think of any good loadouts to add to the pools I will tell you, but I think you've got mostly everything I could have thought of and more. Especially the layouts, I've always had a hard time with designing layouts because they are so important to making each ship unique. That is why I am so impressed with how this turned out.

So really, I think you should just take some time a enjoy this mod yourself. What do YOU want to do next?
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Rannl, I think you need to override whatever name is used with a blueprint list of the same name, containing all the appropriate items.
Tsuchigumo

Postby Tsuchigumo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:41 pm

I can't seem to get this program to work even after reinstalling it twice.

http://imgur.com/mTWZepC

I can't tell where the error is coming from or why it's doing this, which is a shame since I've been wanting to use this alongside CE for a while now. I haven't had any trouble with the other mods, though in this case, it's the Java program to create the mod that's breaking for some reason. I'm on Windows 7, and my Java should be up to date.
rannl

Postby rannl » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:13 pm

@Tsichigumo :
Based on your exception (Unsupported major.minor version 51.0) you do not have java 1.7 installed.
You can update you java version to 1.8 easily from java's download site here.
You can make sure you have a java version of 1.7 or above by using the following command via you windows terminal :
java -version

@Dalolorn: I'll give the weapon list a try, hopefully it'll work out.

@Russian Rockman: What do I want to see next in this mod ? Maybe another build type, not just vanilla and CE. More content is also importent - more layouts/weapons/systems/crew/augments won't be a problem, but hull images will be a limiting factor, since the .png files are relatively large. More comments will help me decide what to do. Also, I'd like to do some refactoring and open source the tool's code. Right now the code is really messy, and it would be embarassing to release it.

Been sick this weekend, so no updates for the time being.
VoV (Vanguard of Valor) has begun a nice playthrough series with the Randtrel and the Flagship Ransomizer.
You can check out his videos here.
Thanks VoV!
rannl

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.1.2

Postby rannl » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Version 1.1.2 is out, thanks to dalolorn's and Sleeper Service's advice Fed ships no longer use the same randomly generated arti weapon.
Instead, each fed ship has its own randomly generated weapon (although they might select the same weapon).
Also did some file cleanup and some better asset handling, which resulted in a reduction in the size of the tool.

As always, comments are more then welcome.
Enjoy!
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:51 pm

Great job rannl! VoV just uploaded his Randomized Flagship fight. I hope he keeps doing those for his streams, theres no reason not to when youve done the vanilla one 100 times already. Thats something you could work on again if youre happy witht the state of the Randrel and friends. It would be interesting to see hazard events get added back into the Flagship fight sometimes like old CE used to do.
sign1000

Postby sign1000 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:40 am

Hey guys, have a look at this Lanius ship, and you notice that it is prepared for reversed-boarding measures.
The lanius crew was too lazy to actually board, so they just mind-controlled the enemy crew and then teleported the poor soul to their oxygen-less ship. :twisted:

Man, I get the feeling that Rannl designed the ship to be that way :lol:

I even beat the flagship (just normal AE flagship) just by cloaking and boarding (to get rid of lasers and ions) and then I would just teleport all (but one) of their crew to death before blasting them away :twisted:
[url]
http://screencast.com/t/jIkeKdCT
[/url]
rannl

Postby rannl » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:28 pm

@sign1000 : Nice ship you got there! Reverse boarding is a fun concept which I felt needed to have its own little spotlight. Happy to hear you enjoyed that build!

@Russian Rockman : Adding hazards to the flagship battle is an interesting idea. Check out with Sleepy for approval. I'll do my part if he's OK with it. The Flagship Randomizer wouldn't have existed if Sleepy didn't think of the concept, so any changes to it should be approved by him.
I wonder if there might be another FTL concept which could benefit from the random mod generator used with the Flagship Randomizer and the Randtrel. Any thoughts RR ?
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:11 pm

rannl wrote:@sign1000 : Nice ship you got there! Reverse boarding is a fun concept which I felt needed to have its own little spotlight. Happy to hear you enjoyed that build!

@Russian Rockman : Adding hazards to the flagship battle is an interesting idea. Check out with Sleepy for approval. I'll do my part if he's OK with it. The Flagship Randomizer wouldn't have existed if Sleepy didn't think of the concept, so any changes to it should be approved by him.
I wonder if there might be another FTL concept which could benefit from the random mod generator used with the Flagship Randomizer and the Randtrel. Any thoughts RR ?

Actually I proposed the randomized flagship idea to Sleeper when he was out of ideas for CE. I had that idea a long time ago, but didn't have the time or capability to make it work. But I knew after he worked with you to make EL possible that you would be able to make it work.

I don't really know what you could use the random mod gestation for since you already have EL and the randomized flagship. Unless you want to start making all of the events in the game more random somehow. :lol:

Also, because NoobJuice just made a mod to fix the crash with buying artillery in CE another thing you could do is add an artillery room to all of the current layouts for the randomized player ships. I have the original artillery room images used in CE if you need those.