[Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
rannl

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.1.0

Postby rannl » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:44 pm

Managed to support the extra random ship build request sonner then I thought :

Released an update which adds extra random ships to the B and C slots of the player ships, so now you'll get a selection of random ships instead of running the tool a second and third time.

A few relatively minor issues have popped up :
1. The engine fires are gone from the B/C random Kestral and Fed ships. I changed the value normally used for the B/C layouts names in the shipblue prints, and I believe the engine fire animation is hard coded to use the default layout names. Correct me if I'm wrong.
2. The 3 federation ship varients will all use the same artillery weapon. The best I can do in the future is to give the 3rd varient a differet weapon.
3. The 2 crystal ship varients will use the same crystal vengence effect. The shard weapon blueprint is hardcoded to the augment, meaning only one blueprint can be used.

If you have any suggestions as to what you'd like to see next with the Randtrel, please comment.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:01 pm

I unzipped everything for v1.1.0 (except the source) into a folder and ran the EXE, and got this:

Got configuration : srcFile [File] = assetList.xml, seed [int] = -1719707560,
Exception in thread "main" javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't read input file!
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(Unknown Source)
at flagshipgenerator.gui.GuiWindow.<init>(GuiWindow.java:59)
at flagshipgenerator.FlagshipGenerator.main(FlagshipGenerator.java:52)

Note: This is the first time I've ever run this, so don't know if it's new with 1.1.0 or something that would have happened to me with any version.

I tried in admin mode, same thing. I'm using Oracle Java standard edition 7 update 71.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
rannl

Postby rannl » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:37 am

5thHorseman wrote:I unzipped everything for v1.1.0 (except the source) into a folder and ran the EXE, and got this:

Got configuration : srcFile [File] = assetList.xml, seed [int] = -1719707560,
Exception in thread "main" javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't read input file!
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(Unknown Source)
at flagshipgenerator.gui.GuiWindow.<init>(GuiWindow.java:59)
at flagshipgenerator.FlagshipGenerator.main(FlagshipGenerator.java:52)

Note: This is the first time I've ever run this, so don't know if it's new with 1.1.0 or something that would have happened to me with any version.

I tried in admin mode, same thing. I'm using Oracle Java standard edition 7 update 71.

You mentioned you did not unzip the source. If you mean the RandtrelSource folder, then that is the cause - this folder contains the tool resource files (images, asset pool files, not the source code of the tool). The tool can't run without the folder. The resources are not packed into the jar file on purpose - this allows every user to view the resources easily.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:35 am

rannl wrote:You mentioned you did not unzip the source. If you mean the RandtrelSource folder, then that is the cause - this folder contains the tool resource files (images, asset pool files, not the source code of the tool). The tool can't run without the folder. The resources are not packed into the jar file on purpose - this allows every user to view the resources easily.

Aha. I feel dumb for not trying that. Just so many modders include the source code in the distribution zip, I figured this folder was unnecessary.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

rannl

Postby rannl » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:56 pm

5thHorseman wrote:
rannl wrote:You mentioned you did not unzip the source. If you mean the RandtrelSource folder, then that is the cause - this folder contains the tool resource files (images, asset pool files, not the source code of the tool). The tool can't run without the folder. The resources are not packed into the jar file on purpose - this allows every user to view the resources easily.

Aha. I feel dumb for not trying that. Just so many modders include the source code in the distribution zip, I figured this folder was unnecessary.

I assume you got the tool to work ? Any comments/ideas/suggestions ?
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:23 pm

rannl wrote:I assume you got the tool to work ? Any comments/ideas/suggestions ?

None yet, but there's a little showcase episode coming in my YouTube feed in a couple days. The only problem I had was that the shields didn't show up but I'm pretty sure that was my fault. I loaded your mod last and I think I should have loaded the Shiny! mod last. No bigs, the shields did their job they were just not visible.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

rannl

Postby rannl » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:19 pm

5thHorseman wrote:
rannl wrote:I assume you got the tool to work ? Any comments/ideas/suggestions ?

None yet, but there's a little showcase episode coming in my YouTube feed in a couple days. The only problem I had was that the shields didn't show up but I'm pretty sure that was my fault. I loaded your mod last and I think I should have loaded the Shiny! mod last. No bigs, the shields did their job they were just not visible.

Actually, it's a bug in the mod :oops: . I didn't add the required shields and cloaking images to the correct resources folder.
I appologize.
This has been fixed in the current release, just redownload from the link on the OP.
Russian Rockman

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.1.1

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:43 am

5thHorseman wrote:

Yeah, ship mods always go last after everything. Even graphical mods like that.

Speaking of which... I need to update Shiny! for CE. :| But the Vanilla version works fine still thankfully.

EDIT: ALSO, you may not have even noticed, but some of your crew portraits are still out of alignment with their yellow outlines when using Detailed Crew Portraits with Shiny! To fix this you just need to download this patch and install it "in place of"/"instead of" Lord Trilobite's Crew Portraits file.
Detailed Crew Portraits Compatibility:
If you want to use Lord Trilobite's Detailed Crew Portraits with Vanilla Shiny!, download this add-on.
Shiny! Detailed Crew Portraits for Vanilla: Dropbox
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:05 am

Russian Rockman wrote:EDIT: ALSO, you may not have even noticed, but some of your crew portraits are still out of alignment with their yellow outlines when using Detailed Crew Portraits with Shiny! To fix this you just need to download this patch and install it "in place of"/"instead of" Lord Trilobite's Crew Portraits file.
Detailed Crew Portraits Compatibility:
If you want to use Lord Trilobite's Detailed Crew Portraits with Vanilla Shiny!, download this add-on.
Shiny! Detailed Crew Portraits for Vanilla: Dropbox

Thanks! I vaguely recall needing to do that and never did. I have now so the next run (After the DA-SR 12 I recorded just after what I did for this mod) it'll be in there.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:56 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I just wanted to say. CONGRATULATIONS rannl!!!!!

I have been away from FTL for the last few weeks cuz stuff and I missed out on the last few releases, but I've been following your finishing touches. I just got to watch 5th Horseman's showcase of your program and with all the ships finished and with randomizations for all each type as well, it all looks extremely impressive. Never has anything like this ever been done before. Seeing 5th Horseman go through all the ships gave off the impression that this was a whole new game or expansion to FTL because everything is different. It is already a major accomplishment to beat the game with every ship and with this mod you have a whole brand new set of ships to play with. And once you beat those... You can just do it all over again. Fantastic work. You must be really really proud of yourself!!! :D

So CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Once again. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication.

On another note, did you get those problems fixed that you were mentioning? I never got a chance to respond, though I wanted to.
rannl wrote:A few relatively minor issues have popped up :
1. The engine fires are gone from the B/C random Kestral and Fed ships. I changed the value normally used for the B/C layouts names in the shipblue prints, and I believe the engine fire animation is hard coded to use the default layout names. Correct me if I'm wrong.
2. The 3 federation ship varients will all use the same artillery weapon. The best I can do in the future is to give the 3rd varient a differet weapon.
3. The 2 crystal ship varients will use the same crystal vengence effect. The shard weapon blueprint is hardcoded to the augment, meaning only one blueprint can be used.

If you have any suggestions as to what you'd like to see next with the Randtrel, please comment.

For the first issue, I can't really help you there.

For the second issue, you could assign the 2nd federation ship a whole brand new artillery weapon called FED_ARTILLERY_B (or something like that) and then just make a new weapon blueprint for that artillery. You could also change the Flak Artillery blueprint like you said, but you could also just for simplicities sake do the same for the C variant and just replace it's artillery with FED_ARTILLERY_C. Then all you need is to create 3 new shells for the Artillery blueprints and fill them with the data from the artilleries you currently have.

For the third issue, that's not really fixable like you mentioned, but it really isn't a big deal because there's only 2 types for the Crystal ship anyway.