[MOD]Detailed Crew Portrait Graphics

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
FortunaDraken

Re: [MOD]Detailed Crew Portrait Graphics

Postby FortunaDraken » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:21 pm

I will admit I wasn't a fan of these at first, but I think they're slowly growing on me. I particularly like the Lanius and the new Mantis and Rock.

With the broad shoulders on the Rock...I think I can see a way of maybe making it work. I've always imagined the Rock as having big flat shoulders, like the padding on grid-iron uniforms. Super bulky and boxy, rather than how a human's neck curve into the shoulders. Right-angle shoulders. Maybe if a little of the neck at the back of the head was brought in a tad and then just lifting the current shoulders up and filling out the missing pixels, it could work without needing to widen him any.

I love his expression. Bored Rock is bored.
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:15 am

Hello there!

I've been busy with some other stuff and kinda forgot that I didn't upload the update for this mod.

So here's the .ftl file with the new Rockman and Mantis.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/75251s7zd5o4doa/Detailed_Crew_Portrait_Graphics_1.1.ftl

For the time being I'm pretty much done with this mod I think.
Image - Image
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:07 am

I don't have time to play the game but I downloaded the mod and cracked it open. I like the new pics!

I see no reason you'd need to keep working on this. Any other changes would be pretty cosmetic. Thanks for the mod. :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
splette

Postby splette » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:21 am

Great! Thanks a lot for uploading the updated version.
JollySam

Postby JollySam » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:59 am

I have a question. What is the name of the file that you edited to change the portrait appearance? I have been looking for it with FTL DAT Manager, but I can't find it yet.

Thanks a lot,
JollySam
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:58 am

Somebody already answered that question here. Oh, you were the one who made that thread? I totally knew that before I posted this reply.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:23 am

Chrono Vortex wrote:Somebody already answered that question here. Oh, you were the one who made that thread? I totally knew that before I posted this reply.

Did you know he posted in that thread AFTER he posted in this one? Or if he was concerned that nobody would see his question buried in this thread so decided to post a new one?

I only knew one of those, but the other seems pretty reasonable.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:45 am

Yep, I knew that. I just posted the reply so anyone who wondered after reading the question could find the answer with out trouble. It was definitely intentional.
Definitely... wasn't.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:35 pm

JollySam wrote:I have a question. What is the name of the file that you edited to change the portrait appearance? I have been looking for it with FTL DAT Manager, but I can't find it yet.

Thanks a lot,
JollySam

Chrono Vortex wrote:Somebody already answered that question here. Oh, you were the one who made that thread? I totally knew that before I posted this reply.

Since the problem is already solved. I just want to say that I do still read my threads every once in a while. Just not very often. So I will read questions and try to answer them, it just might take a while.
Image - Image