Mind-Controlled Zoltan does not power system

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Dirka

Mind-Controlled Zoltan does not power system

Postby Dirka » Wed May 14, 2014 9:39 am

Is this intentional?

I mind-controlled an enemy Zoltan boarder on my ship, and when he went into Life Support, the power remained at zero, even though the system was intact.
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Mind-Controlled Zoltan does not power system

Postby Matthew » Wed May 14, 2014 11:29 am

Hmm. Good question. I don't think we actually considered that at any point. I'll have to give it some thought.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Wed May 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Yeah, suddenly having a vital system depowered when MC switches off would be rather annoying. One more thing to watch out for. I'm not sure which way I would have it.

By the way, I think you guys are doing an absolutely fantastic job, the way you are in touch with the community and stay on top of bugs. Mad props for that, and of course for the sublime experience that is FTL.

Many thanks,
Dirka.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed May 14, 2014 6:58 pm

What happens right now if the bad guys mind control one of your Zoltans? I don't know that offhand but I assume they keep powering the system they are in?

If you make this change, that should change as well for consistency.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
project_mercy

Postby project_mercy » Wed May 14, 2014 7:27 pm

5thHorseman wrote:What happens right now if the bad guys mind control one of your Zoltans? I don't know that offhand but I assume they keep powering the system they are in?

A MCed Friendly Zoltan continues to power the room it's in. I regularly station 2 zoltan in the shield room, and they also regularly duke it out. shields stay up.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed May 14, 2014 8:46 pm

project_mercy wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:What happens right now if the bad guys mind control one of your Zoltans? I don't know that offhand but I assume they keep powering the system they are in?

A MCed Friendly Zoltan continues to power the room it's in. I regularly station 2 zoltan in the shield room, and they also regularly duke it out. shields stay up.

Yeah now that you say that I've seen that in my own games too.

So we'd have to lose that, which could be kinda scary :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
project_mercy

Postby project_mercy » Wed May 14, 2014 11:12 pm

My gut says it's the way it should be. You don't get the bonus for the Zoltan manning the system, you get it if they're in the room. Even if they're running through, they're powering it. More interesting though, would be if Zoltan powered enemy systems. I feel that would be more consistent... and funny :)
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:32 am

project_mercy wrote:More interesting though, would be if Zoltan powered enemy systems. I feel that would be more consistent... and funny :)

I mentioned that idea once in one of 5thHorseman's old videos (probably one of the Enforcer videos, where you use Zoltans as your boarding party), and his reply was that I wasn't allowed to talk to the devs. :lol: