Type C didnt unlock

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
CakeNinja

Type C didnt unlock

Postby CakeNinja » Mon May 12, 2014 9:34 pm

So recently ive found out that the TYPE C ships are unlocked by reaching sector 8 with a TYPE B for any desired ship... people also said that i do not need to defeat the flagship and that if i reach sector 8 with TYPE B i should unlock TYPE C. i fulfilled these requirements three times with 2 different TYPE B ships but am still unable to unlock TYPBE C for either ship... is there an issue with this method/game.

Can someone also tell me IN DETAIL how to correctly obtain TYPE C ships (if my method is wrong)
5thHorseman

Re: Type C didnt unlock

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue May 13, 2014 3:31 am

You must do it in Advanced Edition, and I thought you had to win the game with the type B ship though I may be wrong about that.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Tue May 13, 2014 4:44 am

5thHorseman wrote:You must do it in Advanced Edition, and I thought you had to win the game with the type B ship though I may be wrong about that.

No, type C unlocks as soon as you enter sector 8 with type B.

CakeNinja wrote:So recently ive found out that the TYPE C ships are unlocked by reaching sector 8 with a TYPE B for any desired ship... people also said that i do not need to defeat the flagship and that if i reach sector 8 with TYPE B i should unlock TYPE C. i fulfilled these requirements three times with 2 different TYPE B ships but am still unable to unlock TYPBE C for either ship... is there an issue with this method/game.

Can someone also tell me IN DETAIL how to correctly obtain TYPE C ships (if my method is wrong)

Which type B ships have you tried for unlocking type C? There are two ships with no type C available.

And which version of the game are you running? You can see the version number being displayed in the lower right corner when the start menu is displayed. The type C ships are only available in version 1.5.4 and higher. If you got the game from Humble Bundle or GOG, you can just download the newer versions with the same link where you got your original game.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue May 13, 2014 6:56 am

shadowcrust wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:You must do it in Advanced Edition, and I thought you had to win the game with the type B ship though I may be wrong about that.

No, type C unlocks as soon as you enter sector 8 with type B.

They removed the requirement for you to be in Advanced Edition mode to unlock the C type ships? Huh. I stand corrected.
Last edited by 5thHorseman on Tue May 13, 2014 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Tue May 13, 2014 7:02 am

I think something went wrong with your quotes. I don't know if AE needs to be enabled for the type C ships, as I've only played AE since it was released. What I corrected was the unlocking requirement: you don't need to win with type B (although it doesn't hurt ;-) ), you just need to reach sector 8 to unlock type C. I think it even says so in the hangar descriptions, and I noticed myself: type C was unlocked immediately after entering sector 8.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Tue May 13, 2014 8:59 am

As it says in the Hangar Ship List for the Type C Ships:

"Get to Sector 8 with the <Cruiser> Type B and Advanced Mode enabled to unlock this ship"
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue May 13, 2014 9:46 am

shadowcrust wrote:I think something went wrong with your quotes. I don't know if AE needs to be enabled for the type C ships, as I've only played AE since it was released. What I corrected was the unlocking requirement: you don't need to win with type B (although it doesn't hurt ;-) ), you just need to reach sector 8 to unlock type C. I think it even says so in the hangar descriptions, and I noticed myself: type C was unlocked immediately after entering sector 8.

It did, I somehow left myself in the quote. Oops, I've fixed it.

It was hard to tell what you were correcting as you only said "No." I assumed you were correcting the only hard-fact statement I had made. The other statemetn was a guess, that should only be considered if the OP had already gotten to sector 8 with a type-b ship in Advanced mode.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Tue May 13, 2014 9:51 am

Sorry for maybe being possibly a bit ambiguous sometimes, while not at other times :-)
CakeNinja

Postby CakeNinja » Tue May 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Thanx guys, you've all been very helpful and it all makes sense to have AE on to unlock TYPE C