FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Kaerius

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.207b/Inf 1.207/EL 0.97c

Postby Kaerius » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:56 am

New Guy wrote:So far, a LVL 4 Artillery on Fed A with an [Assault] Missile Flak and a lowly Peryton brought me my first victory on FTL CEi EL.

I must say, Missile Flaks are ungodly powerful, and with the [Assault] prefix, its cooldown of 16 seconds gets halved, allowing for missile spams. They're wonderful. :D

You think assault is OP on Missile Flak? Try High Yield!

And yes the Rebel Flagship never stood a chance.

Edit: Redacted, crashing was due to Bahamut's artillery weapon vs 3 room CE auto-ships.
Last edited by Kaerius on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:25 am

I've been working on type C engi ships that will make an appearence in FTL: Captains Edition.

What do you guys think on what is one of the hardest 'recolours' to do in game?

R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
New Guy

Postby New Guy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:38 am

They look awesome. :D

Type Cs should be rare and must have a small chance of housing a Lanius crew member. Otherwise, I think they're ready to go on CE.

Do Rock ships next! :D
======================
[WIP] Federation Strike Cruiser | Progress: 100% Art, 0% Coding
(Project pending until Superluminal2)
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:43 am

R4V3-0N wrote:I've been working on type C engi ships that will make an appearence in FTL: Captains Edition.

What do you guys think on what is one of the hardest 'recolours' to do in game?

Wow, I'm really glad you did this R4! ;)

I think they look really good. I can see why this would be a hard recolor to do.
The only criticism I have is that the upper-right portion of the small Engi ship looks a bit off. The gleam "outline" should be more straight. And on the Engi Station it is a bit too bright. I think your missing a fewplaces where shading should go on those big rooms with the hatches on top.

New Guy wrote:Do Rock ships next! :D

Eh, I'm not so sure about that... I like the Rock C as a player ship I guess, but if enemy Rock ships had Crystal colors it seems to make the Crystal not so mysterious. You'd hav to put Crystal men in the enemy ships to make it be right and that we just can not do... However, if Raven wants to make his own designs for Rock C enemies I say go ahead!!!

But, nudge nudge... :roll:
Russian Rockman wrote:I have a request/suggestion... :)

I think "SOMEONE..." should recolor the enemy Lanius ships and station using the type B colors. Also, we could use 1 or 2 other brand new designs for the enemy Lanius ships, since there are only 2 of them.

I wish I had the ability to do that. But if you're out there Someone I would really appreciate you doing this. ;) Right now the Lanius ships are the only ones in CE that don't have alternate designs.

Are you Someone R4???
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:49 am

@ Ney Guy

Well, Rocks type C is pretty easy. I will see what I can do. How ever I think Mantis type B's and C's will be a slightly bigger priority.

As I did this not only as a way to help Captains Edition, but also for my mod "FTL: Engi Brigade"
Who is the enemy of the Engi? The Mantis.

But as I said, the type C rock ships look easy, It could be possible for me to make the rock scout, bomber, and base type C's all in the same day, it looks like a simple recolour with no added or removed features.

Thanks for the compliments.

PS. I am not doing the coding and stuff for these ships, I only make the hulls and gibs.
(Also I am the creator of the Mantis Minelayer/ Defender hull and Civ/ Militia artillery or defender thing ;) )

@Russian Rockman

Okay, I will try that the next time around I do type C colours for the engi ship. But I did what I think should happen after the analysis on the engi cruiser.

The Engi Station was a tad harder not only for being bigger but there were some 'mistakes' on it as well, things like some areas being semi transparent where they shouldn't and such, nothing to kill sleeper over but just some things that popped up during recolour.

Also looking at the engi scout, i have no idea how that wonky line occurred. Something went wrong with upload? Not a clue, I remember checking through these hulls over and over for mistakes, the one I have still on my PC looks fine to me.

I just hope Sleeper Service doesn't mind giving you guys a spoiler.
But seeing how huge captains edition is it is hard to see most of the ships in it. Heh.
Last edited by R4V3-0N on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:51 am

R4V3-0N wrote:@Russian Rockman

I can;t help bu look at all the tiny details of everything :roll: But overall those ships look Awesome! I love all the enemy ship recolors in the Captain's Edition, its one of the best thing about the mod because it makes you feel like you are fighting different ships even if they're all really just recolors of the same 3 ship hulls.

Most people actually don't seem to follow this topic. :( So you're really not giving way spoilers.

New Guy wrote:Do Rock ships next! :D

Eh, I'm not so sure about that... :| I like the Rock C as a player ship I guess, but if enemy Rock ships had Crystal colors it seems to make the Crystal not so mysterious. You'd hav to put Crystal men in the enemy ships to make it be right and that we just can not do... However, if Raven wants to make his own designs for Rock C enemies I say go ahead!!!

But, nudge nudge... :roll:
Russian Rockman wrote:I have a request/suggestion... :)

I think "SOMEONE..." should recolor the enemy Lanius ships and station using the type B colors. Also, we could use 1 or 2 other brand new designs for the enemy Lanius ships, since there are only 2 of them.

I wish I had the ability to do that. But if you're out there Someone I would really appreciate you doing this. ;) Right now the Lanius ships are the only ones in CE that don't have alternate designs.

Are you Someone R4???
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:57 am

Why not make Rock type C ships in Crystal space? that place is pretty bland once you visit it enough times, only 2 types of enemies, limited events and weapons etc.

And I am not someone. I am anyone.

I will take a gander at it. I do want to unlock the type B before I spoil it for myself though.

Edit: I said rock type b, not c.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:04 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Why not make Rock type C ships in Crystal space? that place is pretty bland once you visit it enough times, only 2 types of enemies, limited events and weapons etc.

And I am not someone. I am anyone.

I will take a gander at it. I do want to unlock the type B before I spoil it for myself though.

Edit: I said rock type b, not c.

If you put the recolored rock ships in only the Crystal sector then that would be fine. :) I also think you could use one in an added event to the Crystal sector quest. It could be a Rock "guardian" of the Crystal sector that you have to fight and actually beat before going to the Crystal sector. And it could have obtained its special ancient "Crystal" armor because it is a guardian of the "shrine".

And/Or Someone could also design a third Crystal ship hull. There's a lot of custom Crystal ships, but unfortunately i haven't found one that really fits...

Lanius B recolors seem like they will be a complicated one... Might require Someone who's not an Anyone. I'm an Anyone. You don't really seem to be as much of an Anyone as me at least.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:11 pm

The station looks great, thanks again Rad.

I actually liked the idea that Rock and Crystal have officially established diplomatic relations, like it is suggested by the Rock C description. My take on this would be giving the C ships and station a few unique event in Rock sectors. These events would deal with this new lore facts and also give crystal people and weapons a little more room to appear, without spoiling their entire sector.

Please continue reporting weapon variants that seem powerful to the extend of making the game trivial. These will be purged or reworked. Rannl is also working on a subcomponent that will allow to showcase the weapon variants easily on the playerships.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Crystal type C eh?

I always imagined it as a purple possibly.
As that is one of the colours of the crystal people...

But so far we got a red and blue. if we doing colour wheel, it will make the 3rd be a yellow.

HOW EVER.

I had the idea of making it black for awhile. like "Black Diamond" (it is a very rare diamond, it can only be formed in space, hence why it's raw form has lots of holes in it like a 'moon rock'

Anyway I'm headed to bed, If you fans of FTL and CE alike got any ideas to throw my way, just throw them over my way in PM, I'm always happy to come back to messages. regardless of it being a simple hi or request.

Just keep in mind I can get busy at times. I got a good few days of freedom till I get back to work.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.