Forum buckling under the strain.

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Kaerius

Forum buckling under the strain.

Postby Kaerius » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:32 pm

I didn't know where to post this, but lately the forum has become extremely laggy and I'm seeing a lot of 503 errors. I think the game is too successful for the forum hosting site and you may want to look into finding a host with better bandwidth.

It's getting to the point where the forum is almost unusable certain hours of the day.

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
kestreladmiral

Re: Forum buckling under the strain.

Postby kestreladmiral » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:20 am

I've gotten this several time as well. Here it was I did to fix the issue. Close every tab that's open, clear all cookies and browsing historyand close the browser. Reopen and everything should work fine.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:26 am

Sadly the 503 errors have been quite frequent. kestreladmiral's advice may delay the problem for a while, but it's also a case of replacing one inconvenience with another.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
kestreladmiral

Postby kestreladmiral » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:32 pm

UltraMantis wrote:Sadly the 503 errors have been quite frequent. kestreladmiral's advice may delay the problem for a while, but it's also a case of replacing one inconvenience with another.

Completely true, it does replace one inconvenience with another, and it doesn't really fix the problem.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:06 pm

We're working on it with our host. Can you let me know what hours it seems at its worst? I personally haven't seen it too badly lately.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Kaerius

Postby Kaerius » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:32 am

Late afternoon, about 6-8pm CET(GMT/UTC+1), give or take.