FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.206/Inf 1.206/EL 0.96

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:29 pm

Not sure what you mean here. You are aware that option 1 shows the additional scrap you'll get right? The decision to jump on and try you luck with an unknown beacon involves greater risk. Overall the advantage/reward/risk decrease from second sweeps is pretty good IMO. I take them more often than not.
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Estel

Postby Estel » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:33 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:But the autonomous ASB does the same thing so much more elegantly... :D

And via much more boooring way... Your idea of gathering wingmens through events/quests was SO much better. It could be implemented (ab)using ABS mechanism, why not, but it's the story/hard and interesting way of gathering wingmen and interacting with them at empty beacon, that made it interesting. Countless possibilities for a different FTL experience, with your own small wing of ships, instead pf usual "lone travel". So much blue events possible due to having wingmen, too ;)

@Saizew
Not entirely true. Another sweep removes element of risk - you know exactly what you will gather, and that you will get it at all. Just like with trade, 1x jump worth of beacon might give you nothing, or even damage you, kill your crew, etc. Also, if you do another sweep at nebulas, you profit even more, as fleet advance at nebula rate.

In my playthroughs, I've seen examples of situations, where another sweep would give more resources than 1st one, or even augment/weapon/drone schematics. But, from my experience, it is worth to take whatever is offered (unless it really suxx or yoi have important plans for that 1x jump), as it's 0-risk operation. //Edit: Gah, Sleepy beat me to it ;)

/Estel
Last edited by Estel on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:37 pm

Yeah, you make it sound like it really should be in the mod. And you are probably right. :D So maybe at some point, it will happen...
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:42 pm

Some bug forces me to always have at last two images for backgrounds. I agree that it is not the most beautiful background, but I still do not want to have copies of the same files twice in the folders. If you know any free to use backgrounds that look like a space anomaly and fit the style then let me know (Color does not matter, can be re-colored.)

You could just flip it 90 degrees, so that field lines go in the other axis.
Saizew

Postby Saizew » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:(...) You are aware that option 1 shows the additional scrap you'll get right? (...)

My fault... 8-) I'm mostly so in a hurry/under pressure from the pursuing fleet, that loosing even a single jump gives me a shiver that I mostly take the 2nd option and haven't had really a closer look what loot you get ....
Kaerius

Postby Kaerius » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:09 pm

dalolorn wrote:
Mr. Mister wrote:CEi features a new crystal sector type, "Ancient" or something. Upon entry, if you don't have a Crystallite on-board, you're forced to jumped to deep space.

I don't know if Sleepy placed the crystal ship unlocking quests there though.

He probably did.

I wonder how rare this sector is. In my current run I found the pod, opened it(got my crystal crewman), and I'm in deep space in sector 6 or 7, done probably 10 sectors there at this point... haven't seen crystalline sector or the quest beacon yet.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:35 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:The Ancient sector has the same probability to spawn as the Rock Homeworld, so you might still not get a chance at completing the quest at all, with the added difficulty that traveling from deep space towards the Federation base does not let you choose which sector you go to. Unlocking the Crystal ship through wins with all ships is definitely way easier.

The Rock or Ancient sector can only appear after sector 4 (?) and is unique, which means that it can only appear once per run. The exact rarity is hard to pinpoint, it might be less rare than in vanilla cause CE has more sector types actually.
Kaerius

Postby Kaerius » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:The Ancient sector has the same probability to spawn as the Rock Homeworld, so you might still not get a chance at completing the quest at all, with the added difficulty that traveling from deep space towards the Federation base does not let you choose which sector you go to. Unlocking the Crystal ship through wins with all ships is definitely way easier.

The Rock or Ancient sector can only appear after sector 4 (?) and is unique, which means that it can only appear once per run. The exact rarity is hard to pinpoint, it might be less rare than in vanilla cause CE has more sector types actually.

But can it happen in deep space is the question.

I could find the pod, and have the zoltan researchers open it, both in deep space.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Nope, the Ancient Sector can only appear as a regular sector. The early stages of for the unlock quest can be completed in deep space, as you already noticed, but you still need to find the Ancient Sector on the regular sector map to complete the unlock quest. Can't be done differently. ;)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:00 pm

We are almost done with the image variant integration for EL. 8-)