[SHIP][AE] The Potential - UPDATED 2015/08/16

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: [SHIP] The Potential

Postby speedoflight » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Just tested, is a nice mod, good job. I really specially like mods that are a challenge, and the community is lacking of em. Besides my actual mod, that is real challenging in some cases (sometimes its impossible to past the first sector) i dont see too many mods that exploits the basics of FTL , i mean tactics and strategy.

Anyways, i reached sector 3 in my first attempt. I only died cuz i coudnt find a damn store in the entire sector xD to repair damage (well i had 2 beacons left to explore.. maybe i just had bad luck). The first thing to do is upgrade engines, thats a must. I really dont care about sensors, i was in sector 3 without sensors, but upgrading engines to level 5 in the beginning made me to reach sector 3 almost easily (well, not "easily" but easier than i thought after i saw the ship layout but this game sometimes is 50% luck). And 1 curious thing, i ended in sector 3 with 2 dual lasers :lol: :lol:
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
5thHorseman

Re: [SHIP] The Potential

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:51 pm

ELDT wrote:This ship is amazing-ish to use in infinite galaxy. Died about twenty times before I was able to survive, but is was an immensely enjoyable experience. This ship lives up to it's name and kudos to the author.

I was thinking of taking it on a run. The one "problem" with this ship is you never max it out (at least I never did). I suppose that you could get lucky with scrap recovery arms early but it never seemed to work out that way for me.

Note: That's not actually a problem. I wanted the ship to remain as hard as possible all game and I think I mostly succeeded. However, sometimes it's nice to wipe the floor with the Universe in a totally OP ship, especially one you EARNED.

mattimao wrote:Grabbed this mod the first day it came out. I love it!
The fact you are so helpless at the beginning makes it a whole new type of ship for me.
The 3 weapon slots made for a very tense game as I had a VERY hard time coming across any better weapons. :?
Finally an event gave me a great weapon that allowed me to beat the boss. :D
Great job with this ship, the fiction you wrote for it, and the name. A+ on this mod! 8-)

Thank you so much! The 3/4 weapon issue was a long debate for me and I went back and forth several times. In the end, I figured 3 weapons and 3 drones was the way to go, because it offers the most flexibility (which is the central theme of the ship) with less power (another theme, although an ironic one).

speedoflight wrote:Just tested, is a nice mod, good job. I really specially like mods that are a challenge, and the community is lacking of em. Besides my actual mod, that is real challenging in some cases (sometimes its impossible to past the first sector) i dont see too many mods that exploits the basics of FTL , i mean tactics and strategy.

High praise indeed. Thank you!
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
5thHorseman

Re: [SHIP] The Potential - NEW version 2.0!

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:28 pm

I just updated this ship to version 2.0.

http://pulpaudio.com/ftl/Potential.ftl
(if you have trouble downloading, try right clicking and selecting "save link as..." in the menu)
(Note: Version 1 is no longer available as this ship's layout, compliment, and crew are all the same. All improvements are cosmetic)

NEW in version 2.0:
Gibs! The ship doesn't explode when destroyed. It instead IMPLODES, at least as much as I could make it implode. The idea is, it's sucked into the black hole in its core.
Room graphics! Every room has an FTL-like room graphic that matches its role and layout. The most noticeable non-standard room is the medbay, shown in the picture on the first post.
Cloak! The cloak is an all-new style. In addition to cloaking the main ship, multiple phantom ships appear in the vicinity to confuse the enemy targeting systems.
Alignment! In the original ship, the rooms were one vertical pixel off from the ship graphic. That has been fixed.

Enjoy!
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

poikjuyt

Postby poikjuyt » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:56 pm

I love it! And i was just thinking, What if you put in the artillery beam but only let the player have one upgrade bar for it? That way it wouldn't be too overpowered, but some might view it that way.. Anywho~ Thanks! I'll let you know how my playthrough turns out!
Duncan Evans
JeffTheBoardingDrone

Postby JeffTheBoardingDrone » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:27 pm

I decided to fix the hull a little bit with the shading. The 14 gibs should be fine, as the differences are subtle.

Old Hull:
Fixed Hull:
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:25 pm

Sweet, thanks. I'll slap that new one in there and see how it looks!
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

Akira421

Postby Akira421 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:41 am

Wow, this ship.. Talk about 'Overpowered' xD
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:56 am

Akira421 wrote:Wow, this ship.. Talk about 'Overpowered' xD

That's the point. It's the least OP overpowered ship you'll ever try to power. :D
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:39 am

WHOA! I just realized. The crew indicator says that there is a male human and an engi onboard the ship, but the human is actually a female who's on the helm!
Akira421

Postby Akira421 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:44 am

MightyKebab wrote:WHOA! I just realized. The crew indicator says that there is a male human and an engi onboard the ship, but the human is actually a female who's on the helm!

Oh meh ga.. You're Right.. o_o