Updated! [SHIP] The Swiftwolf (Adds New weapon!)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Hanzz

Updated! [SHIP] The Swiftwolf (Adds New weapon!)

Postby Hanzz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Hello Fellow captains and cadets! This is my first mod. I've put a lot of effort in it. I hope you like it!

This mod currently add Two new ships <Layout A and Layout B, Replaces stealth ship> A new OP weapon (might do a patch to De-OP it!) and a new drone! The ships are complete with gibs, Cloak, (No floor due to Mis-Understanding while spriting... :p) Custom shield. And more!

------
Ships
------

The swiftwolf:
History: The swiftwolf is a Modernized stealth Cruiser, Capable of extreme damage with its Special Bubble Gun.

Image:

The FT-909
History: This cruiser is an Modifyed version of its cousin, the Swiftwolf, Its designed to Control drones and board ships instead of Cloaking.

Image:

----------------------
Weapons & Drones
----------------------

The "Bubble" Projector gun.

A military grade gun. Hard to find and expensive. Using 4 Power. That pays off when you discover that it projects Mini black holes of extreme destruction and doom and Pierces shields, And has ION damage!

The "Bubble" Projector drone.

A Slowish, High damage drone, That does the same as its weapon counterpart. But is a drone. Yup

------------
Download!
------------
It is hosted on mediafire. You can get it Here:
https://www.mediafire.com/?vupll711olxxros
Last edited by Hanzz on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArmedKevin117

Re: [SHIP - WEAPON] The Swiftwolf

Postby ArmedKevin117 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:05 pm

I like the look of that hull! Consider adding layout pictures to the post. As for the gun, might I suggest that it only fire once (I mean really, if you're shooting a black hole, you need to control that process very closely), have a high breach chance, and if you still want it to be really strong, maybe some ion damage? (How many points of shield does it pierce?)

UPDATE:
Just got a chance to look at it in-game. My first response is that you have excessive capitalized letters in the Bubble projector's description. Really the only words that need to be capitalized are "this" and "bubble". There should be a comma after "enemy".
Also, a fire chance from a black hole doesn't make sense. It would suck oxygen out of the room, making it more likely to extinguish fires than start them.
Last edited by ArmedKevin117 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LawGiver

Postby LawGiver » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Killing the rebels with 'bubbles'. Sounds fun, I might try it out.
"I can't prove it, but I can say it." -Stephen Colbert
Hanzz

Postby Hanzz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:37 pm

ArmedKevin117 wrote:I like the look of that hull! Consider adding layout pictures to the post. As for the gun, might I suggest that it only fire once (I mean really, if you're shooting a black hole, you need to control that process very closely), have a high breach chance, and if you still want it to be really strong, maybe some ion damage? (How many points of shield does it pierce?)

UPDATE:
Just got a chance to look at it in-game. My first response is that you have excessive capitalized letters in the Bubble projector's description. Really the only words that need to be capitalized are "this" and "bubble". There should be a comma after "enemy".
Also, a fire chance from a black hole doesn't make sense. It would suck oxygen out of the room, making it more likely to extinguish fires than start them.

Good suggestion, But as i said, First mod ive done, Its just basically a test mod.
Im trying to add the layout images its just kinda hard because of the Offsets ingame. But will do ;3
It pierces Three shields BTW
And yes. I will change to only one charge, add more damage to compensate, Lower the delay. Move some sprites to fix the UI breaking... And add some ion damage! That will take some time tough.
ArmedKevin117

Postby ArmedKevin117 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:09 am

The offset isn't too hard to fix. If you're using Superluminal, the edit tab has a "calculate optimal offset" button that'll center it right away. Three shields is probably a bit too much pierce, too. Even the best vanilla lasers can only pierce one layer, so two is probably pushing it too, especially for how strong that thing is.
Kieve

Re: Updated! [SHIP] The Swiftwolf (Adds New weapon!)

Postby Kieve » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:03 am

My thoughts on most recent version:
    Swifty feels strong without being too OP.
  • Bubble should lose the Ionization effect though, just give it full shieldpierce instead. Maybe tone the damage down ever so slightly.
  • Fix engine-room interior and floor image
  • Tweak the SFX for bubble-gun when you have time. It's decent but lacks the heavy "oomph" you'd expect of a black-hole cannon.
    FT909 is WAY overpowered.
  • Fix engine room graphic, floor image.
  • If using same SFX for bubble drone, consider tweaking.
  • You have a weapons setup that can wipe the floor with just about anything up to sector 3, a stonkin' powerful drone, cloaking, and a 4-pad teleporter with 2 mantis to start with. Level 2 doors because... reasons? and while you don't have shields, the cloaking offsets this vulnerability.
  • I might suggest keeping the minibeam and dropping the two lasers - then you have to rely on the drone to bring shields down
  • Make the teleporter purchaseable, instead of starting equipment, and/or dump the mantises for starter crew.

Number your versions - that way people know which is the most recent. ;)
Hanzz

Re: Updated! [SHIP] The Swiftwolf (Adds New weapon!)

Postby Hanzz » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:42 pm

Kieve wrote:My thoughts on most recent version:
    Swifty feels strong without being too OP.
  • Bubble should lose the Ionization effect though, just give it full shieldpierce instead. Maybe tone the damage down ever so slightly.
  • Fix engine-room interior and floor image
  • Tweak the SFX for bubble-gun when you have time. It's decent but lacks the heavy "oomph" you'd expect of a black-hole cannon.
    FT909 is WAY overpowered.
  • Fix engine room graphic, floor image.
  • If using same SFX for bubble drone, consider tweaking.
  • You have a weapons setup that can wipe the floor with just about anything up to sector 3, a stonkin' powerful drone, cloaking, and a 4-pad teleporter with 2 mantis to start with. Level 2 doors because... reasons? and while you don't have shields, the cloaking offsets this vulnerability.
  • I might suggest keeping the minibeam and dropping the two lasers - then you have to rely on the drone to bring shields down
  • Make the teleporter purchaseable, instead of starting equipment, and/or dump the mantises for starter crew.

Number your versions - that way people know which is the most recent. ;)

Thanks bro! Well... I cant seem to fix the interior images (Sorry) But i can fix the black box floor.
And in the FT-909... It will have NO weapons system to balance things a bit!