[SHIP] The Crimson Lady & Ol' Triggernaut (3.0)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: [SHIP] The Crimson Lady & Ol' Triggernaut (2.1)

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:37 am

Maybe that was intentional to be difficult? the same way some people make ships with 5 hull. etc.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:55 pm

You're just not trying hard enough then, Kevin. In fact i'm already working on an update that will remove the cloak from layout A too.

Yeah, it would make sense for a smuggler ship to have cloak, and yes, it would make sense for an asteroid-miner to have shields, but both these ships are pretty old. Technology wasn't as available as it is at the time of the game, i don't know. Both ships managed to do their jobs just fine without those defensive systems.

Instead i'm working on a custom drone that would be shipped with both, err... ships. An overcloked defense drone, that would work faster than normal Mk I defense drone but not quite as fast as Mk II. That will be your main defensive option until you are able to get shields or cloak. And trust me, it is possible to survive until later sectors and get better stuff, you've just got to think things through (and have some luck too, but you'll need that most of the time in this game) (actually luck is a consequence, not a cause. but whatever.)

EDIT: so yeah, expect an update soon. It'll make things harder.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:06 pm

Ah the Crimson Lady... as good as she looks and means business too.

Here is the recent run of the 2.0 version (with a few bugs quickly squashed by Taxi): http://www.twitch.tv/frumple1/c/3577420
It so happened we hit only Crimson sectors before painting the Flagship Crimson in the end. Was a very fun ride :D and a very sexy ship, my hat is off to you TaxiService. It should be noted that the RNG insisted most strongly that we buy, use, own, operate, breathe and bathe in nothing but missiles, missile launchers and missile missiles..... fuel was entirely optional and usually scarce. But it was fun brother... :lol:
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:14 pm

As has already been mentioned in the channel, I've played both the Type-A and B of this ship. And honestly, I had a LOT of fun playing them! Here's the ending to the run of the Type A, a run that ended in hilarity.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:31 pm

It ended in a furious decapitation of the Rebellion. That ship is dangerous. :D
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:09 am

Updated the pack to 3.0. It should fix balancing and all the bugs. Here's a quick changelog.
- Fixed all the graphical bugs. (hopefully)
- Major rebalancement:
-- Removed starting drone control systems from both ships.
-- The Ol' Triggernaut now starts with shields.
-- The Ol' Triggernaut starts with one less Rockman.
-- The Ol' Triggernaut starts with level 2 engines instead of 3.
-- Lowered selling cost of Plasma Cannon and Mining Beam
-- Lowered Mining Beam's breach chance from 40% to 15%. (i didn't realize that it was per tile)
-- More stuff, but i don't remember.

Get it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/196 ... %203.0.ftl

I don't have time to fully edit the OP right in this moment, so please bear with the crappy state of the thread for some more hours.

Also thank you both a lot for the videos; I'll add everything to the OP tomorrow, after i get some sleep and run some errands. ◡‿◡

also...
>i'm already working on an update that will remove the cloak from layout A too.

>nope.avi
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:17 pm

TaxiService wrote:Updated the pack to 3.0. It should fix balancing and all the bugs. Here's a quick changelog.
- Fixed all the graphical bugs. (hopefully)
- Major rebalancement:
-- Removed starting drone control systems from both ships.
-- The Ol' Triggernaut now starts with shields.
-- The Ol' Triggernaut starts with one less Rockman.
-- The Ol' Triggernaut starts with level 2 engines instead of 3.
-- Lowered selling cost of Plasma Cannon and Mining Beam
-- Lowered Mining Beam's breach chance from 40% to 15%. (i didn't realize that it was per tile)
-- More stuff, but i don't remember.

Get it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/196 ... %203.0.ftl

I don't have time to fully edit the OP right in this moment, so please bear with the crappy state of the thread for some more hours.

Also thank you both a lot for the videos; I'll add everything to the OP tomorrow, after i get some sleep and run some errands. ◡‿◡

also...
>i'm already working on an update that will remove the cloak from layout A too.

>nope.avi

My quest to be mentioned everywhere for various random reasons is nearly complete.
Sleeper Service

Re: [SHIP] The Crimson Lady & Ol' Triggernaut (3.0)

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:30 am

Gave the old mining ship a spin. Really felt like I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for the entire run. Spent way to much on repairs. Got some decent low tier weapons early on, but then couldn't power up beyond that. I'm kind of surprised I made it through phase one.

So for this run it really felt like playing an outdated mining vessel. The seasoned Rock and Engi miners also survived till the end. Most of the people I picked up on the way didn't had so much luck. The layout is really confusing and feels cramped. Two of my crewmen died cause they (which means I) got lost and went into depressurized or burning rooms. This ship is a death-trap also beyond being a little ill equiped in the first place. Overall I'd say you achieved well what the ship concept was supposed to be about. :)

I thought the Minelayer Drone might even carry my through the whole endgame, but a missile hit my cloak even before the first surge. Should have bought buffer bars, I know. After the surge everything was broken, on fire and in the red. I jumped away in the hope of at last getting my crew out of this alive. Got executed two beacons later by a Rebel corvette equipped with two BL IVs. Overall a nice thematic run. Keep up the great work!
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:30 am

I appreciate your encouragement and thank you for your story with the ol' triggernaut. : )
In the future I hope I'll learn how to make ships not feel so hopeless to use! : P
G0ldunDrak0n

Postby G0ldunDrak0n » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:18 pm

Where did you find the background you use to show the crew, weapons, augmentations and ship hull ?
Did you make it yourself ?
Also, what drawing software did you use to make ship hull ?
Image G0ldunDrak0nImageImage <-- Click here !