Carnelian Crystal interceptor: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17084

Captured elite cruiser: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17087

Zoltan Carrier: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17090

Rebs and Feds enhanced development: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20613

R&F Enhanced: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21081

The Volcano: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22630

Albatross Class: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26735&p=87999#p87999
I will bump this each time a make a new ship. :D
Last edited by agigabyte on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
Kieve

Re: My mod hub

Postby Kieve » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:07 pm

You really need to work on getting some screenshots posted for these. :?
When it comes to ship mods, the big selling point is seeing the ship, its layout, its equipment. Without showing people what you have to offer, it's generally a bit more difficult to "sell" people on trying your mod.
Imgur or Photobucket are a couple of decent choices for uploading a quick screenshot or two.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:47 pm

No one likes my mods. :cry:
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:13 pm

agigabyte wrote:No one likes my mods. :cry:

I'm going to quote a post I made a long time ago, on a similar subject - I believe it applies here as well.
Kieve wrote:I'm all for encouraging people to test their boundaries, try their hand at modding, but IMO there are projects worth releasing to share with people, and then there are projects you make just for yourself while you're learning how to do things. To me, this feels like the second category.

There's nothing wrong with learning how to mod. Not everyone - and I daresay most - can come up with something worthy of the public eye on their first go. It takes time to figure out how to do things right, to put polish on a design. You make mistakes, you fix them, you learn from them - it's a process. Everything you've put out so far is unfinished, unpolished, and shows beginning effort. This is the stuff you learn from, build on, touch up.
Perhaps I'm being a bit unfair to make the comparison, but when you have ships like this, that show dedication, time investment, and detail, very few people are going to make note of a mod that adds rooms to a single ship gib, lacking any proper polish or design work.

I don't say that to discourage you, but rather to encourage. Go back to your drawing board, consider what your goals are - what kind of ship do you want to build? What do you want it to do? How do you balance it? What does it look like? And post a picture! Even if it's just the ship_base.png, it shows people what you're offering. Use the [img] tags! Don't hide it behind a Steam link - people glance at a thread, see... nothing? ...and close the thread. No interest. This is important.

Put some love into your mod, make an effort in your presentation, and don't release sloppy unfinished work. People will enjoy a mod that shows time and attention, even if they don't always comment about it.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:59 pm

Well said Kieve.

In addition to that, even well done mods don't allways receive attention. That's why making something you enjoy and play is important. If you have good ideas and work well you will eventually get some recognition but recognition is neither a goal nor a reward. Reward is making the mod. If you don't enjoy that, well you stop. :) What else.

If you do enjoy it, then you just do it. And get better at it as a result.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:19 pm

I plan on making a real mod soon, not just a ship. :D
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:52 pm

agigabyte wrote:I plan on making a real mod soon, not just a ship. :D

I was speaking primarily to the mods you've already put out, but no matter what you create, be sure it's polished and well-presented. Take the time to fine-tune, tweak, and debug it before unleashing it on the public :)
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:01 pm

I will probably do an early Beta release once it is playable, or make a private version and send it to you and some other modders. :)
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:40 pm

BUMP! Added R & F Enhanced Dev thread.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:56 pm

I added my R&F Enhanced to the hub.