FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ClockALock

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.087

Postby ClockALock » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:08 pm

I found a couple of messed up events in the final sector; they were both supposed to be "the rebels are targeting you with artillery" but it just showed something like "CE_PDS_3".

Screenshot I took of the first one, but it happened twice:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/504 ... 828B2396B/
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:10 pm

Knightmarez wrote:Adding games to stations (esp black market stations) is a REALLY GOOD idea.

With clever writing of the script, you could get the mathematics down be the same as the real game. That would require one guy to work v hard on it though.

Sleeper already added a few chance based games I think for few conversations. Most games at the stations could be completely chance based too. Sleeper also said he might consider allowing you to drink more at stations to get more tips, and also be an irresponsible captain...

I already thought about how to add Blackjack or preferably something similar, but not the same. It might be a bit complicated, but not actually too difficult. Adding in liked or something like that is just impossible though. When I have time I'll work on this myself. I really would like to come up with an FTL card game because all sci-fis have their own card game. But it would have to be something relatively simple to put it in the game.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:20 pm

Some more grammar/spelling:

"Tip: Quarantine Sectors - Some civilian sectors are under lock-down* ... The plague might take it's** toll ..." - 1)"lockdown"; 2) "its".

"The Mantis says,* since it joined the Federation, it's** former clan..." - 1)remove comma after "says"; 2) "its".

"The Engi crew member forms a part of it's* arm into a metallic flower ... You politely thank the beeing** ... made from it's*** own ..." - 1) "its"; 2) "being"; 3) "its".
Blitzkrieger

Postby Blitzkrieger » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:58 pm

I've installed 1.087 and I have some issues with instant crashing.

The game will take significantly longer to load (if it doesn't just outright crashes), will then start freezing constantly once I hover over any of the options in the main screen and will crash soon afterwards.

I had played with version 1.073 with all the recommended mods with no issue.

I reinstalled the mods, the game, deleted all the mod files and download them again but no difference.

After some testing I discovered that:

Vanilla = no crashes.

CE (including SM mods) = no crashes.

Better planets and backgrounds = no crashes.

CE (including SM mods) + Better plants and backgrounds = crashes.

This didn't happened with version 1.073 despite using the exact same mods.

And since the BPaB mod hasn't been changed in months then perhaps something in the newer versions of CE causing it?, anyone had a similar experience?, any ideas whatsoever as to how to fix it?
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:53 am

Blitzkrieger wrote:CE (including SM mods) + Better plants and backgrounds = crashes.

Well, there's your problem right there: without the Hydroponics mod, Better plants won't work. ;)

Are you putting BP&B before CE?
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.089

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:48 am

Crashes are most likely load order related. For some people this mod mixture seems to continuously cause problems. You will have to play without better planets and backgrounds or another background mod in case crashes persist.

Meanwhile there is another small update, mostly to fix this wrong textlist ID. Some other stuff made it in as well. :D

- BA: Three new low tier weapons added
- Cost of production augments that require scrap to run decreased
- Two classic hazard events for the last stand and Federation controlled sectors added
- Boss artillery slightly modified
- Boss can now also hack your medbay with its internal effector
- Map overlay once more modified, allows to display even longer sector names correctly now
- AI Turret surrenders reworked again, can now have some more favourable outcomes
- You can now be a ship captain with a drinking problem
- One wrong textlists ID fixed
- Some more typos and grammar fixed

ikeelyou300 wrote:So how useful do you think Effectors will be compared to the new Hacking system when it comes out? I ask because the Effectors are my favorite weapon in the Captain's Edition. Hopefully the way the hacking system and mind control system work won't be too hardcoded, but that's wishful thinking.

The actuall effector weapons that need energy and take weapon slots will probably still hold up in AE. After all, they are just a kind of fancier ion weapon.

The Internal Effector and pretty much any combat augment... well that's another storry. We can't be certain, but from what we knows so far AEs hacking systems does the same thing with more complex effects. Most likely, CEs combat augments will become obsolete within Advanced Edition.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:48 am

I don't think the Combat augment effector (and other Combat Augments) will be obsolete in AE because the AE system ones require money to acquire and upgrade, and also with the combat augment you can hack 2 things at once with 1 being more fancier. Or possibly the augment one may gain the effects of the AE one if modding allows it. all the possibilities.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:05 am

Awesome changes in the new update. And some of the cantina drinking outcomes are pretty funny. I am still legitimately wondering how drinking would work for an Engi or Rockman though... However that would be hard to implement. Now it is possible to hear a lot more tips about the Captains Edition.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.089b

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:45 am

ikeelyou300 wrote:Awesome changes in the new update. And some of the cantina drinking outcomes are pretty funny. I am still legitimately wondering how drinking would work for an Engi or Rockman though... However that would be hard to implement. Now it is possible to hear a lot more tips about the Captains Edition.

In CEs take on FTL, the player is not physical present on the ship. The player is seen as captains person that only gives orders and stays in the background, the main character that always dies last. The actual pilot is just another of your subordinates, your helmsmen basically. I'm not sure, but some vanilla events also suggest that. ("Have your pilot carefully explore the debris.")

And as always I did put some new bugs into the new version.

1.089b
- One configuration changed that slowed down the flagships weapon charging
rex4

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.089b

Postby rex4 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:31 pm

Sector scanners (stealth layout-b) don't work anymore it seems, maybe related to the conversations with people you did add. Also, with mantis in ship, it's fine to attack civils, feds, but you don't have blue option when attacking ai that can repair and have some people inside.