FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ikeelyou300

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.073

Postby ikeelyou300 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Well that was fast!! Again... I think Sleeper is an Engi.

A shame about the artillery idea. That would have been very neat.
snowhusky5

Postby snowhusky5 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:19 am

This sure is a lot harder than vanilla. I really like the combat augs, like the drone disrupter or whatever it's called. Not to mention the buttload of new weapons.

[strikethrough]Anyways, I've noticed a glitch. I'm using this mod along with a few graphical mods, and whenever I get into an area where there is artillery my game glitches out. Basically what happens is that, while drawing objects on the screen works fine, they never get erased. So everything leaves a graphical trail. Ill post a screenshot when I get one.[/strikethrough] <--pretend these things actually work
EDIT: apparently better planets and backgrounds has to be loaded before CE, so I'll try that out

The other thing, how are you supposed to tell which sector is a home sector, for ship quests and such? This is a fairly important question...
ArmedKevin117

Postby ArmedKevin117 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:10 am

snowhusky5 wrote:The other thing, how are you supposed to tell which sector is a home sector, for ship quests and such? This is a fairly important question...

You'll pick that up with experience. That's supposed to be the fun of it.
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:14 am

Snowhusky, if you are really concerned with knowing which sector is which you could look in the actual code, but that might ruin the fun of it.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:28 am

If you want to know the naming conventions instead, take a look at the sector names thread in sleepy's signature.
MightyKebab

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.071

Postby MightyKebab » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:01 pm

MightyKebab wrote:I'm getting the crash again, it's message is: "This application has attempted to terminate runtime in an unusual way" or something similiar. I've done as asked, installing better planets and backgrounds 1.3 before CE in the modorder. I've also been tweaking around a few data.dat friendly ships, that doesn't have data-changing weapons that would conflict with FTL Homeworld addon like Ion dual lasers. I've only changed their hull value and added an augment to one. Though I believe this is mostly related to the background.

I'd like to point out that I'm still getting this event crash and the message on every artillery-related event. I simply can't enjoy the game and from time to time, my FTL addiction's fading.

I didn't had time to look into the Mantis and Rock sectors but I'm sure someone else could notify you.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:08 pm

You know what weapon we're still lacking? A fire laser/ion. Or would the ion one set the shield room on fire upon shield impact?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:55 pm

MightyKebab wrote:I'd like to point out that I'm still getting this event crash and the message on every artillery-related event. I simply can't enjoy the game and from time to time, my FTL addiction's fading.

Hm does anyone else experience this crash? Cause the artillery events work fine for me. Might be a compatibility problem with other mods?
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
MightyKebab wrote:I'd like to point out that I'm still getting this event crash and the message on every artillery-related event. I simply can't enjoy the game and from time to time, my FTL addiction's fading.

Hm does anyone else experience this crash? Cause the artillery events work fine for me. Might be a compatibility problem with other mods?

Compatibility problem? I'll just count my modorder.txt.

Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1.ftl
FTL Captain's Edition 1.073.ftl
corpses v2.1 CE.ftl
Engi Drone Harbour - A.ftl
Rock Brawler.ftl
Slug Skirmisher.ftl
The Capital Cruiser.ftl
Asteroid.ftl
Letze Reise.ftl
Enforcer.ftl

I don't think anything here conflicts with the artillery, besides Better Planets and Backgrounds.

EDIT: Gonna take a look ingame with no addons.

EDIT 2: Alright, worked just fine. It might be an issue with CE Corpses addon, it modifies the ship gibs to have body-like gibs fly out of them when they explode. Because everything else besides Better Planets and Backgrounds are ship mods and I'm sure they have nothing to do with it
snowhusky5

Postby snowhusky5 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:17 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:If you want to know the naming conventions instead, take a look at the sector names thread in sleepy's signature.

ikeelyou300 wrote:Snowhusky, if you are really concerned with knowing which sector is which you could look in the actual code, but that might ruin the fun of it.

ArmedKevin117 wrote:
snowhusky5 wrote:The other thing, how are you supposed to tell which sector is a home sector, for ship quests and such? This is a fairly important question...

You'll pick that up with experience. That's supposed to be the fun of it.

wow, three people responding... Guess I should have phrased the question better, I wanted to make sure that a difference existed between 'controlled' sectors and home sectors, not necessarily what the difference was. Thanks anyways!

EDIT: I've noticed another problem, now that the graphics aren't messed up at the artillery zones. With better planets and backgrounds, only at the artillery zones is that mod working. Everywhere else it's the default, vanilla low-res planets. The only other major mod I'm using is advanced battle systems (with the fix)
DOUBLE EDIT: found the problem, works fine now
Last edited by snowhusky5 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.