[SHIP] Red Tide

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Lemmonade

[SHIP] Red Tide

Postby Lemmonade » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:32 am

So this hello everyone, this is my first mod for this game or any other, please let me know what you think or If you have any Advice

Red Tide Destroyer

After the events the adventure of the Shivan and its fleeing federation crew, the crystal beings from the secret sector had been persuaded that it was time to open their borders and begin to interact with the other beings of the universe. They immediately turned to the Rockmen of Vrachos IV, who were their distant descendants. The Rockmen, known for their religious zealousness, naturally treated the crystal beings as gods. After the events during the voyage of the Shivan, the crystalline beings and the rockmen have collaborated using ancient and powerful crystal weapon technology and modern rock armor techniques to retrofit the newly optimized Shivan. This new Red Tide cruiser is the federations and the rocks greatest hope for striking back at the rebel fleet and restoring the rocks sacred homeland.

Equipment at start:
    Rock Plating
    Damaged stasis pod I was compelled to add this because it gives the player a much higher chance to find more crystal weapons and crew members
    Crystal burst Starts with 2

Systems at start:
      Pilot, II
      Doors, II
      Sensors, I
      Life Support, I
      Pilot, II
      Engine, III
      Shield, II
      Weapons, III
      Med Bay, I
      Reactor, 10

Download Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9lxx6ou7nfrjc7/Red%20Tide.ftl
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqk8skemm20bgrt/Red%20Tide%20Beta.shp?m=

Some things I still need to work on are floor graphics, glow graphics, and red crystal burst weapons.

Thanks for taking a look, I'm looking forward to seeing your reactions
R4V3-0N

Re: [SHIP] Red Tide

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:53 am

spotted something on your image, you forgot to put where the crew man the systems, at the moment it was randomly selected so they are typing away at empty space/ engine component/ shield generator. etc what ever. make sure to rotate it to the computer console as well.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:42 am

Great design!
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:31 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:spotted something on your image, you forgot to put where the crew man the systems, at the moment it was randomly selected so they are typing away at empty space/ engine component/ shield generator. etc what ever. make sure to rotate it to the computer console as well.

I still need to make floor graphics, especially for the pilot
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding, typically the "Floor" / "Floor graphics" is referred to the grey outlining around the rooms, and the thing you're talking about is "Room" / "Room graphics". My bad.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
oilfire30

Postby oilfire30 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:06 am

what ship does this replace?
Nicholas Cage... because why not
That Guy

Postby That Guy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:38 am

oilfire30 wrote:what ship does this replace?

Yeah you haven't mentioned that anywhere

I assume it'd be Crystal B considering colour scheme and the actual ship itself
Pruntyisawesome

Postby Pruntyisawesome » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:49 pm

That Guy wrote:
oilfire30 wrote:what ship does this replace?

Yeah you haven't mentioned that anywhere

I assume it'd be Crystal B considering colour scheme and the actual ship itself

I guess it's Rock B.

[Edited] Yea, that's right, it's Shivan. Will try out and write reaction here. I think it wan't meant for me to open Crystal with this, but I'll do this. cause i just can't invest MORE time to crystal ship.

Ship is malpositioned, this causes me having the ship under interface. Also, the crew seem to go crazy. About what you can add - cmaking that first super-weapons red. Yeah, Soviet Russia!

I had a bad run... I had everything, except for Rock Homeworlds... I had 6 hostile sectors after opening stasis pod, and NONE of them was Rock Homeworld. But, i made a new record of scrap collected through the game! It was 4600 scrap. Quite enormous for me, i have 2000 usually.