[WIP] Heavy Weapons Platform

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
SquidMcGee

[WIP] Heavy Weapons Platform

Postby SquidMcGee » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:03 pm

A new modded ship that I'm working on.

Let me just out this out there now. This mod is SUPER WORK IN PROGRESS.. There are way to many bugs for this to be released fully. If you came here expecting a playable ship you out of luck, mate.

Beta 0.3 can be found here

The bugs that I know of are:
- The Artillery beam fires out of the left corner of the ship.
-Crew appears in wrong order. (engies first, then humans. I would like this to be reversed.)
-In game drone list shows two slots. The ship has four.
-One gib peice
-No type B

If you have any suggestions, bugs to report, or possible solutions, please tell me. A bug-less beta means a final product.

Have some pics.

I'm thinking that these ships will be heavy on weapons and drones, but with next to no shields or cloak. If you've got any suggestions, feel free to speak your mind.
Last edited by SquidMcGee on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
agigabyte

Re: [WIP] Heavy Weapons Platform

Postby agigabyte » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:24 pm

They look a bit like a ship instead of a mobile heavy weapons platform.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:25 pm

agigabyte wrote:They look a bit like a ship instead of a mobile heavy weapons platform.

Judging by the architecture, it's a pretty big thing. Just viewed from a great distance. That said, the design looks like a Rebel-Federation hybrid due to the engines - you can see the Rebel-style engines on the front of the hull.
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:25 pm

Agreed. They seem like Heavy Cruisers to me- meatier than the Cruiser, but not quite a Battlecruiser yet. All around good engines, shields, weapons, etc.

dalolorn wrote:you can see the Rebel-style engines on the front of the hull.

I've always envisioned those as some sort of Drone Bay system rather than propulsion system
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:41 am

NewAgeOfPower wrote:

I've always envisioned those as some sort of Drone Bay system rather than propulsion system

Well if you look at the Kestrel B "Red-tail" you notice it's engines got the exact same paint job as the Rebels "Wings", And also if you look at the original Rebel Fighter and Rebel Rigger
Those 'Wings' clearly look like engines (depending how much you're into sci-fi and other universes eg star trek, star wars, star gate, Eve, etc)

And there is a lack of drones on the Rebel Fighter.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
SquidMcGee

Postby SquidMcGee » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:52 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:
NewAgeOfPower wrote:

Well if you look at the Kestrel B "Red-tail" you notice it's engines got the exact same paint job as the Rebels "Wings", And also if you look at the original Rebel Fighter and Rebel Rigger
Those 'Wings' clearly look like engines (depending how much you're into sci-fi and other universes eg star trek, star wars, star gate, Eve, etc)

And there is a lack of drones on the Rebel Fighter.

It was intended to be a drone bay. I figured that the were engines, but I think (in this context) it fits well.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Just noticed your name. :| :shock: :x :evil: :twisted: EAT BUTTER SWORD! Just kidding, nice looking mod.
Last edited by agigabyte on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SquidMcGee

Postby SquidMcGee » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:43 pm

agigabyte wrote:Just noticed your name. :ugeek: :shock: :x :evil: :twisted: EAT BUTTER SWORD! Just kidding, nice looking mod.

I'm very intrigued as to what you are referencing. I honestly thought that this name was original. And thanks for the complement.
SquidMcGee

Postby SquidMcGee » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:51 pm

UPDATE:

Beta 0.3 is live and open for download. Play it, test it, and report any bugs that you find (and you will find some). And if anyone has suggestions for type B's, balancing, or has any Idea how to squash some bugs, don't hesitate to comment.
codyfun123

Postby codyfun123 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:22 pm

SquidMcGee wrote:- The Artillery beam fires out of the left corner of the ship.
You need to set a third weapon slot in addition to however many weapon slots are normally on the ship to determine where the Artillery fires from.
-Crew appears in wrong order. (engies first, then humans. I would like this to be reversed.)
It depends on the order in your file. You had it listed like this:

Code: Select all

...<maxPower amount="11"/>
   <crewCount amount="2" class="engi"/>
   <crewCount amount="2" class="human"/>
   <aug name="ION_ARMOR"/>...
When I switched it to be like this, it worked:

Code: Select all

...<maxPower amount="11"/>
   <crewCount amount="2" class="human"/>
   <crewCount amount="2" class="engi"/>
   <aug name="ION_ARMOR"/>...

-In game drone list shows two slots. The ship has four.
This is a graphical error due to how weapon/drone slots are coded into the game. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can really do about this short of replacing the two-drone graphic with a four-drone graphic (which would then conflict with the other ships in the game). Maybe Advanced Edition will bring with it some modding improvements? :O

Also, you forgot to add a manning station for the engines room.

I'd recommend that you add some metadata to make your mod look more proper and to provide some info for people simply loading up the mod.

Anyways, I think it's pretty interesting that you used defense drones as the starting defense system. Too bad lasers beat me up X_X