[Mod] [WIP] Auto-Cruiser-RFS Basilisk and FFS Hydra

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
ClockALock

[Mod] [WIP] Auto-Cruiser-RFS Basilisk and FFS Hydra

Postby ClockALock » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:31 pm

So, the mod is progressing nicely, but I can't do much of anything with it until the guns work. But enjoy the new stuff. :D

Thank you.

UPDATE: Okay, I've updated the hull image to the new one because it was cool, and it now has a system repair drone. Also, two ion blast I's and two mini beams because making guns still makes my head hurt. LE NEW LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hfqkd ... totype.ftl

UPDATE: Hull for the NXA-PC-17 has been colored correctly, looking for feedback. Thanks.
Cloak
Hull
Also, a question: (again) Can I apply the "damage reduced by one point per shield layer" effect to a laser instead of a beam?

Pictures here: (although these are just a rough draft, and subject to change)

Last edited by ClockALock on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:30 am, edited 8 times in total.
kartoFlane

Re: [Mod] [WIP] Auto-Cruiser-RFS Basilisk and FFS Hydra

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:43 pm

#1:
If you have extracted the game's files, you can find all the images in the /img/ folder. /ship/ specifically, contains all ship-related images like hull, cloak and shield images, as well as interior and glow (console lights) images.
SMM has a function that allows you to effortlessly extract game's archives (File > Extract Dats...)

#2:
B) Nope, you can only have a single artillery and that artillery affects ALL ships in the game.
A) The game is hardcoded to use the weapon blueprint with the name ARTILLERY_FED as the artillery weapon. This blueprint behaves exactly the same as all other weapon blueprints.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
ClockALock

Postby ClockALock » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:59 pm

kartoFlane wrote:#1:
If you have extracted the game's files, you can find all the images in the /img/ folder. /ship/ specifically, contains all ship-related images like hull, cloak and shield images, as well as interior and glow (console lights) images.
SMM has a function that allows you to effortlessly extract game's archives (File > Extract Dats...)

#2:
B) Nope, you can only have a single artillery and that artillery affects ALL ships in the game.
A) The game is hardcoded to use the weapon blueprint with the name ARTILLERY_FED as the artillery weapon. This blueprint behaves exactly the same as all other weapon blueprints.

Thank you for answering so quickly.

#1 Thank you, I'll try that now. SMM is Slipstream's Mod Manager?
#2 Bugger. Okay then, but can I have my one artillery system fire from two different places? Or, failing that, fire two shots?

Grabbed my camera, working on pictures now.
(you'll see why I'm asking what I'm asking)
(also I posted this like ten minutes ago how did you respond so fast? Not that I'm complaining.)
ClockALock

Postby ClockALock » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Also, another question:
Is it possible to modify ships to have more than three drone slots and/or less than three weapon slots?
ClockALock

Postby ClockALock » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Okay. SMM worked just like you said, and I have all the images I wanted now. Thank you. Been trying to do that forever.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:05 pm

ClockALock wrote:Also, another question:
Is it possible to modify ships to have more than three drone slots and/or less than three weapon slots?

Yes. If you go too high the graphics will bug out but for all I know you can have any (reasonable) number of both. I've seen 4 of each and while it's ugly it's (kinda) functional.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:12 pm

ClockALock wrote:Is it possible to modify ships to have more than three drone slots and/or less than three weapon slots?

Thread: Ships with 4 drone slots and 2 weapons
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:02 pm

ClockALock wrote:SMM is Slipstream's Mod Manager?

You already figured that, but yeah :)

ClockALock wrote:can I have my one artillery system fire from two different places?

Nope
ClockALock wrote:Or, failing that, fire two shots?

Yep. Just add a <shots>#</shots> to the artillery weapon's blueprint, with # being the number of shots. They'll both fire from the same spot, though.

ClockALock wrote:(also I posted this like ten minutes ago how did you respond so fast? Not that I'm complaining.)

I just happened to visit the forums at the right time :lol:
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
ClockALock

Postby ClockALock » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:55 pm

kartoFlane wrote:
ClockALock wrote:SMM is Slipstream's Mod Manager?

You already figured that, but yeah :)

ClockALock wrote:can I have my one artillery system fire from two different places?

Nope
ClockALock wrote:Or, failing that, fire two shots?

Yep. Just add a <shots>#</shots> to the artillery weapon's blueprint, with # being the number of shots. They'll both fire from the same spot, though.

ClockALock wrote:(also I posted this like ten minutes ago how did you respond so fast? Not that I'm complaining.)

I just happened to visit the forums at the right time :lol:

*sigh* Oh well. There go my grand plans. I'll just have to mess with things a bit.
On another note, this is seriously the nicest place on the internet I've ever been on, and I want your (and anyone else's) honest opinion. From what I've planned, is this a good idea that I should pursue? I'm going away for the weekend, and I'm wondering whether I should keep working on this or start smaller.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:28 pm

ClockALock wrote:*sigh* Oh well. There go my grand plans. I'll just have to mess with things a bit.
On another note, this is seriously the nicest place on the internet I've ever been on, and I want your (and anyone else's) honest opinion. From what I've planned, is this a good idea that I should pursue? I'm going away for the weekend, and I'm wondering whether I should keep working on this or start smaller.

You've put actual thought and reasoning into the design. You've created something original, and near as I can tell you've at least given some thought to how to balance it, and create it properly in-game.
Hell yes you should continue.

Generally a "beginner's ship mod" ends up being an overpowered Kestrel with stupid amounts of power and ridiculous "I win" weapons. What you have here is already leaps and bounds ahead of the game, so please, keep going. I look forward to seeing what you develop when you really get up to speed.