Fenrisian Battleship

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Fenris

Fenrisian Battleship

Postby Fenris » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:00 pm

Hello again, I've got another ship mod for anyone who thinks it's cool.

This is the FSV Kaiser

STORY
This battleship used to be the crowning achievement in Rock ship technology, that is, until it's maiden voyage through the Fenris systems. It was swarmed by pirates, and eventually boarded by the crew of a small salvaged mining vessel. The scavengers and pirates took a what they were able too, but were driven off by the new crew. Though it no longer has a shield system, it is still one of the most feared vessels in Federation space.
You live so you can see the fear in lesser men, especially when they think they are above you. You love to see that look when they finally realize that they are nothing but a mantis grub being stepped on on your way to glory.
Oh yeah,
And the money.

This was my attempt to make an overpowered ship balanced.

Pros
50 hull
rock plating
titanium systems
repair arm
artillery beam

Cons
No shields to start
Engines start at one bar
No cloaking AT ALL
2 weapon slots
If your weapons are hit, you have to wait for the artillery beam

Replaces the Rock A

Like before, I would appreciate constructive criticism

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dja9pixzogex32b/Fenrisian%20Battleship.ftl
5thHorseman

Re: Fenrisian Battleship

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:26 pm

All the problems of the DA-SR12 without the cloak or the long ranged scanners...

...I love it! :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Ora_unit_SR388

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:19 pm

HAHAHA! I just played this, and realized how fun this is. I spent 3 hours in INF playing this. Good ship.
SquidMcGee

Postby SquidMcGee » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:24 am

That's a great looking ship.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:45 pm

While testing this to see if it could be a LP ship, I have decided to not play it on YouTube. Normally, I just delete a ship from the queue and move on but I feel this ship deserves more. It's an AWESOME concept with a CRIPPLING weakness: Asteroids.

If you land in an asteroid field before you get shields, it's a loss. Instant, unavoidable, and terribly unfun. I would HAPPILY take LRS instead of the repair arm. I'm actually seriously considering modifying the file to do just that.

Essentially the strategy for this ship is to hope you reach a store that sells shields before you hit an asteroid field. In my 3 tries I did not, and I also never got out of sector 1 after landing in an asteroid field. The third field, against a ship with a mini beam, was the final straw :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."