FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
snowhusky5

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.962

Postby snowhusky5 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Retro wrote:Hi,

Loving the mod, been waiting a while for something like this. But unfortunately I keep experiencing a crash when jumping sometimes to a new sector. I'm pretty sure it's something on my end as I haven't seen any posts regarding the same issue as mine. Hopefully someone might be able to shed some light as to what's going on.
Untitled.png

Me and one other guy had that problem a few pages ago. Does it happen when you jump to a new beacon, or a whole new sector? for me, it happens when I jump to a new beacon. Most likely a bad enemy ship layout or event.
Retro

Postby Retro » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:29 pm

I haven't played through without it happening yet, and seems to not happen so far within the first sector. I have had it happen 2 out of 2 times (not much to go on I know) in the Engi homeworlds and a couple of other times in other sectors. To be clear, this crash happens when I'm out of the first sector (so far) and jumping to a new beacon.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:10 pm

snowhusky5 wrote:Me and one other guy had that problem a few pages ago. Does it happen when you jump to a new beacon, or a whole new sector? for me, it happens when I jump to a new beacon. Most likely a bad enemy ship layout or event

I double-checked layout names and id's but couldn’t find the cause yet.

Summary on crash causes so far:

-crashes happened since Balanced Arsenal b and New Enemy Classes, the cause might be found there

-crashes happened on game start and on sector load, but only randomly, implying that the error is happening when certain events are loaded

-Uncertain: Crashes are more likely in Engi sectors? Crashes related to Engi ships?

-Uncertain: Random crashes could have multiple causes, not only one event, ship or weapon
mr silencer

Postby mr silencer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:31 pm

hey mr sleeper service. i have an idea that could be good or bad depending on what you think. a few topics down in mod development called (Idea) sry for taking a post spot (zombie idea) That is the post name, weird right? could you tell me what you think of the idea?
Signature loading...
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Game crashes after I am trying to start it with Mantis cruiser. What am I doing wrong?

Updated: Re-patched FTL while putting drone mod and the Captain's Edition itself on the beginning of the mod list, plus launched FTL after mod manager asked to do so. Before I was trying to launch FTL through Steam.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:55 pm

Trade Extension is working properly now. Piracy options also have been extended and the player can now engage in piracy without the risk of losing crew when he commands the ships of certain factions. I will do some test runs now to see how trading and piracy feels and maybe add some more events. I'm still not getting closer to find a fix for the crashes though. :(
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:50 pm

You are my happy charm, Sleeper Service. :D I've just beaten the game with Osprey. Idk did your mod really helped or it's just a good metaphor, but nonetheless, thank you! Captains Edition is a great addition to the original game.
Hyperdrive

Postby Hyperdrive » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:12 pm

I don't know if this bug has been found yet : I received a mission that gives me the position of a rebel station so that I can attack it. When I went to the quest beacon, the station was in an asteroid field. I beat the station, and the game stopped suddenly.
snowhusky5

Postby snowhusky5 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:39 pm

mr silencer wrote:hey mr sleeper service. i have an idea that could be good or bad depending on what you think. a few topics down in mod development called (Idea) sry for taking a post spot (zombie idea) That is the post name, weird right? could you tell me what you think of the idea?

This is not a good idea, for many reasons. 1st of all, I doubt that races can be modded. Also, there shouldn't be an event where you are guaranteed to lose a crewmember. 3rd, zombies cannot fly spaceships, so they can't be a race. There are even more bad things here, but I'm leaving those to someone else
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:15 pm

snowhusky5 wrote:3rd, zombies cannot fly spaceships, so they can't be a race.

Say it to SPAZ developers. :D But yeah, that's a bad idea. I am sick of people trying to push zombies everywhere.