FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
snowhusky5

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.961

Postby snowhusky5 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:23 pm

No, this is the 1st time I've seen it. And I doubt it's only with the mantis ship, it might be possible anywhere. There's probably a blank line on the name list or something. Probably due to some other mod I'm using, though I've never seen it before

Oh, and (using the old version) my game crashed when I jumped into a rebel fleet area. None of the other mods I'm using should cause this, and I have jumped into the rebel fleet before without problem. There was no enemy ship visible right at the start. It said
"the rebel fleet has caught up to you!"
1: continue

when I pressed 1, my game just crashed to desktop. In the crashlogs folder, it says this:

Code: Select all

Version =  1.03.3

Stack Trace:

1 - 0x00588ba0
2 - 0x00507d7b
3 - 0x005a0ef8
4 - 0x0069415b
5 - 0x004010fd
6 - 0x775e9ef2 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
7 - 0x775e9ec5 RtlInitializeExceptionChain

I had the mantis type b, with a slug, 2 engis, a human, and 4 mantis boarders. This was in either the 5th or 6th sector

Also, the newly repositioned rebel lifter seems to have 2 weapon mounts that are off of the screen
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:51 pm

snowhusky5 wrote:Oh, and (using the old version) my game crashed when I jumped into a rebel fleet area. None of the other mods I'm using should cause this, and I have jumped into the rebel fleet before without problem. There was no enemy ship visible right at the start. It said
"the rebel fleet has caught up to you!"
1: continue

That didn't happen during the last stand right? In that case this would be kind of good news, I thought that this crashes are caused by modifying pursuit during the last stand, but it seems to be happening in other sectors as well, so something must be amiss in the fleet list. Couldn't locate the problem yet. Has anyone actually successfully encountered Rebel Corvettes, Destroyers, Cruiser or Battleships on Rebel fleet beacons? I thought this worked, but something there seems to cause crashes... Elite Interceptors and Elite Fighters work.

I go a few crashes on start-up as well, so some event modifications might still be unclean... so much stuff to trace down. :( Suggestions?

snowhusky5 wrote:Also, the newly repositioned rebel lifter seems to have 2 weapon mounts that are off of the screen

Screen-shots would be helpful. Can't see that in the file or the editor. How did you realized that there are mounts off screen? Weapon fire? (Yes, It is designed to only have two mounts.)

Next update will finalize Drone Extensions with adding some more low tier drones.

kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:10 pm

So, I've been messing a bit with writing another program recently, and during its testing I noticed that FTL spits out some potentially useful debug info to stdout.txt:
[...]
ERROR: Repeated Event Name! Name: ASTEROID_EXPLORE
ERROR: Repeated Event Name! Name: NEBULA_SLUG_OXYGEN
[bunch of error entries like that]
[...]
bad sound file in sounds.xml
[...]

Might be worth keeping an eye on it, though the info about repeated event names probably won't be of much use...
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
snowhusky5

Postby snowhusky5 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:47 pm

When I was fighting a rebel lifter, there were two weapons, I think in the top left corner at 0,0 hiding behind the UI. I knew that they were there because of otherwise inexplicable weapon fire. There were 2 weapon mounts properly placed on the ship however, for a total of 4. Don't have a screenshot, but I'll post one if I encounter it again

Another glitch: the corporate assault ship's cloak graphic is messed up, the whole ship just turns into a black box.
screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =158120159
Sleeper Service

Re: [open beta] FTL Captains Edition 0.962

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:34 am

I realized the problem with the fleet events originated from too long texts in the flavour text lists. I think 60 characters is still ok, 90 definitely causes crashes on text load.

Also till now, I did not notice that the vanilla enemies often had min and max sectors assigned. I restored this feature for the TB copies of the vanilla enemies and added min and max sectors to the modded enemies as well.
So enemy progression should be more smooth now, no troopships in sector one any more for example.

0.962 changelog
-DE: three more drones added
-Light defense drones projectile speed further increased, some other defense drone stats changed
-Min and max sectors for vanilla ships restored
-Min and max sectors for mod contend introduced
-DE drones in one more vanilla event integrated
-Corporate Assault cloak image added
-Fleet events fixed
-Destruction of cruiser in fleet occupied beacons slows down the fleet as intended now
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:22 am

I just want to say...

Effector+Slug nebula= Very good
toneboy720

Postby toneboy720 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:29 pm

I get the same text in my crashlogs as snowhusky does. There's also a popup on the desktop - which I've attached a screenshot of. Was using v0.962 at the time withthe Hayabusa drone cruiser type B (inferno drones galore :D ) and was around sector 5 or 6. I'm still gonna play it even if it does crash!
snowhusky5

Postby snowhusky5 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:07 pm

toneboy720 wrote:I get the same text in my crashlogs as snowhusky does. There's also a popup on the desktop - which I've attached a screenshot of. Was using v0.962 at the time withthe Hayabusa drone cruiser type B (inferno drones galore :D ) and was around sector 5 or 6. I'm still gonna play it even if it does crash!

I have that same window! rapidxml failed, blah blah, always the same line 1383. It happens when I jump to a new beacon, but it's pretty rare. Maybe a bad event? I had the same problem before captains edition, when I was using balanced arsenal b and the mod that adds more enemy layouts
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:12 pm

snowhusky5 wrote:I have that same window! rapidxml failed, blah blah, always the same line 1383. It happens when I jump to a new beacon, but it's pretty rare. Maybe a bad event? I had the same problem before captains edition, when I was using balanced arsenal b and the mod that adds more enemy layouts

Thanks a lot for pointing that out, that was really helpfull! :) Might be indeed a bad BA event, or more probable, a bad TB ship name. I will look into that!

The next update will focus on adding some new events again and also introduce various trade goods. (No new idea of course, was part of some ship mods and also was discussed here) Trade goods will come in the form of augs that can be found as loot and can be sold at shops for profit. Some unique events will be made for these, probably also involving some new ship layouts and piracy options. Right now this will just be a thing where you have to think about if you want to use an aug slot for trade goods or try to max out on battle augs and ignore the trade option.
snowhusky5

Postby snowhusky5 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:03 pm

My defense drones don't seem to want to shoot down the slow boarding drones sometimes...

Also, finally got the crystal ship! w00000000000000000000000000000000000000t!!!!!