The Vega [WIP]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheSwiftTiger

The Vega [WIP]

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Fri May 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Hello everyone! I created a ship called The Vega. It is still in development but the full version should be out soon. I will be adding custom weapons to my ship, such as a renamed burst fire laser which fires 4 lasers. I am a beginner at modding so it probably won't be too good. I hope it isn't too overpowered but when it's finished I will make it less overpowered. I made it with the superluminal ship editor.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?9b4k3wgzyr5ut54

Screenshots: Thanks to Thunderr for the screenshots: Image

Use with Grognak's Mod Manager.
Last edited by TheSwiftTiger on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
JeffTheBoardingDrone

Re: The Vega

Postby JeffTheBoardingDrone » Sat May 18, 2013 4:58 am

GMM has this to say:
Changing the .ftl file into a .zip results in file corruption. I'd have to take a guess at the .ftl file being made of a standard folder instead of a .zip, but my strength was never much in software.
966socho

Postby 966socho » Sat May 18, 2013 5:47 am

A regular folder is not a file at all, just a location. If he could turn a folder into a .ftl file I'd call black magic. :roll: What did you do TheSwiftTiger?
TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Sat May 18, 2013 8:06 am

I'll try to fix it, sorry.

EDIT: Wow. I uploaded the wrong file. *Facepalm.

EDIT 2: OK link is updated it should work now.

I need help. I am trying to add another weapon but the texture files are not working. These are my blueprint.xml.append file and the img\weapons file: http://www.mediafire.com/?9ycixfp9f7z64er
fireclaw2006

Re: The Vega [WIP]

Postby fireclaw2006 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:29 pm

You can't man a crew member on the engines. But other than that, it is a fun mod.
TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Sat May 18, 2013 3:46 pm

fireclaw2006 wrote:You can't man a crew member on the engines. But other than that, it is a fun mod.

I think I know what I did wrong. I'll try and fix it.

Link updated and hopefully fixed.
Last edited by TheSwiftTiger on Sat May 18, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeffTheBoardingDrone

Postby JeffTheBoardingDrone » Sat May 18, 2013 4:27 pm

966socho wrote:A regular folder is not a file at all, just a location. If he could turn a folder into a .ftl file I'd call black magic. :roll: What did you do TheSwiftTiger?

Yeah, software isn't my specialty. But it is now fixed, so I can stop trying to fix issues that I am bad at fixing.
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Fri May 31, 2013 9:52 pm

I'm trying it out right now, and I'd post some screenshots here if you'd be okay with it.

**Edit
I played the ship through and it was good. I found a breach missile early on and I was even able to challenge a few rebel fighters. The only issues I had were: a) sometimes the room graphics were stretched. If you were using superluminal to make the ships, all you have to do is right click on the room and set the graphic to a new one to fix it. b) in the pilot's room (cockpit?) the station was in the wrong spot, in the back instead of the front. Otherwise, great ship, although it is a little OP in the beginning because of the Burst Laser II.
Here are the screenshots, I will take them down if you want.
TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:59 pm

Thunderr wrote:The only issues I had were: a) sometimes the room graphics were stretched. If you were using superluminal to make the ships, all you have to do is right click on the room and set the graphic to a new one to fix it. b) in the pilot's room (cockpit?) the station was in the wrong spot, in the back instead of the front.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll fix it as soon as I can.
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:38 pm

TheSwiftTiger wrote:Thanks for letting me know. I'll fix it as soon as I can.

No problem! I loved the ship, and I thought it played nicely.