[Ship] The Junkyard (fixed link V2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
JeffTheBoardingDrone

Re: [Ship] The Junkyard (fixed link V2)

Postby JeffTheBoardingDrone » Wed May 15, 2013 1:29 am

BrenTenkage wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oBFb-8akdM

That was fun

Thanks for playing my ship. I like the strategy name of "Ion the Fuck outa everything", it works well with a boarding crew.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed May 15, 2013 5:46 am

JeffTheBoardingDrone wrote:
BrenTenkage wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oBFb-8akdM

That was fun

Thanks for playing my ship. I like the strategy name of "Ion the Fuck outa everything", it works well with a boarding crew.

yep, Iron the fuck out of everything went a lot better then expected. Seriously pat yourself on the back for a pretty nice ship
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
966socho

Postby 966socho » Thu May 16, 2013 9:04 am

I think this ship has a very vanilla feel to it, both in terms of aesthetics and balance.

I just tried a run with her, and ended up with possibly the best shield strippers to go with a dropped Glaive Beam: Ion Bomb + BL2. I cut through the Flagship like Butter.

Got like 5 Rockmen in a row though, so in the middle of my run I thought I would try Fire Bomb + Rock Boarding. Bad idea. I had to go through two Rock sectors. :( Almost died from a Breach Missile that just won't miss. But I made a comeback as I described above.
Alvarin

Postby Alvarin » Thu May 16, 2013 4:01 pm

2x Ion Blast MKII + Fire beam + 2x Auto-loader
Beam drone + defence I + drone recovery
All systems, all maxed
That was a very evil run :)
JeffTheBoardingDrone

Postby JeffTheBoardingDrone » Thu May 16, 2013 8:01 pm

Alvarin wrote:2x Ion Blast MKII + Fire beam + 2x Auto-loader
Beam drone + defence I + drone recovery
All systems, all maxed
That was a very evil run :)

966socho wrote:I think this ship has a very vanilla feel to it, both in terms of aesthetics and balance.

I just tried a run with her, and ended up with possibly the best shield strippers to go with a dropped Glaive Beam: Ion Bomb + BL2. I cut through the Flagship like Butter.

Got like 5 Rockmen in a row though, so in the middle of my run I thought I would try Fire Bomb + Rock Boarding. Bad idea. I had to go through two Rock sectors. :( Almost died from a Breach Missile that just won't miss. But I made a comeback as I described above.

I'm glad to see people are enjoying the ship. I've been deciding a bit what to do for the next ship, and here is my current progress:
I've been thinking about making a ship with quadruple boarding drones, since there is the variant that the boss uses that only takes two power. Clearly this would need a balance, or I should save the idea for another ship.

Unlike when I had a preview of a ship I had before on the Rebel Light Cruiser, this one will actually be released when I have all it done. I will make a conversion if I end up making a replacement for each ship though.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Dropbox reports:

Nothing Here
The file you're looking for has been deleted or moved.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."