[Ship] Rebel Light Cruiser V1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
JeffTheBoardingDrone

[Ship] Rebel Light Cruiser V1.0

Postby JeffTheBoardingDrone » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:27 pm

I have been busy with Final Exams coming up, and in my meantime I have worked a bit on this.
The ship the federation got the secret plans from --- at least, will get from. The Engis at the station have been slaving over the computer console for a week in order to try and pry the file out, but they still have a bit to go.

Rebel Warships are showing up on the sensors, and teleporter signals start to go off, so you take a programmer by the collar and a spare crewmember and dash aboard the cruiser.

It is armed with a Hull Beam and Dual laser, along with an FTL jammer. It replaces the Kestrel B.
http://www.mediafire.com/?cbq2dqk4ibs021w

Playthroughs:
GingerDragon87 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iDe8_1ONDA

To do list:
- Gibs
- Floor

Changelog:
V1.0.1 No longer .shp file
V1.0: Release
Last edited by JeffTheBoardingDrone on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TheNewbie

Re: [Ship] Rebel Light Cruiser V1.0

Postby TheNewbie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:54 pm

Nice one! I'll try it out soon.
sandtrooper956

Postby sandtrooper956 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:59 pm

Um one thing is that its not a FTL file and if i change it to one it crashes GMM.
JeffTheBoardingDrone

Postby JeffTheBoardingDrone » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:03 pm

sandtrooper956 wrote:Um one thing is that its not a FTL file and if i change it to one it crashes GMM.

Then I uploaded the .shp file then - fixed now then
Sorry, they are named the same thing pretty much.
sandtrooper956

Postby sandtrooper956 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 pm

Ok thx its works :) Btw awesome ship.
archangel

Postby archangel » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:12 pm

Strange for me I get the black box of dooooommmm :cry: it looks like a great ship though :)
Ginger Dragon

Postby Ginger Dragon » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:30 am

Hey, Did a playthrough with your ship! While I wasn't a big fan of the aesthetic at first, I gotta say, it grew on me. :)
Its a fun ship!
Either way, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iDe8_1ONDA
Check out my youtube channel. I do FTL mod playthroughs, as well as all kinds of other assorted games.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GingerDragon87?feature=mhee
JeffTheBoardingDrone

Postby JeffTheBoardingDrone » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Ginger Dragon wrote:Hey, Did a playthrough with your ship! While I wasn't a big fan of the aesthetic at first, I gotta say, it grew on me. :)
Its a fun ship!
Either way, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iDe8_1ONDA

Thanks! Over the weekend I was messing around with splicing more rebel ships, and might have a next one - if I do it will use the Balanced Arsenal. The link will be added to the topic.
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:55 pm

JeffTheBoardingDrone wrote:Thanks! Over the weekend I was messing around with splicing more rebel ships, and might have a next one - if I do it will use the Balanced Arsenal. The link will be added to the topic.

If you're a solid splicer, I might have work for you - I *hate* sprite work. PM me if you want.
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
JeffTheBoardingDrone

Postby JeffTheBoardingDrone » Sun May 05, 2013 11:52 pm

thashepherd wrote:
JeffTheBoardingDrone wrote:Thanks! Over the weekend I was messing around with splicing more rebel ships, and might have a next one - if I do it will use the Balanced Arsenal. The link will be added to the topic.

If you're a solid splicer, I might have work for you - I *hate* sprite work. PM me if you want.

I currently don't have the best schedule for splicing. The things I do are usually within an afternoon of spare time on the weekend, but I can still try and do a bit for you.

About the Topic: I have two other ships I am working on, but they are having issues. I was planning on converting this into a conversion of custom ships if I can get them to work.
But as you can see it isn't going well. Later I will attempt to try a different ship creator or update my current one. I've improved a bit at making cloaking and making the ships have a bit better "lighting".