[Ships/weapons/drones]Anterian Terminatorships (unsupported)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Metzelmax

[Ships/weapons/drones]Anterian Terminatorships (unsupported)

Postby Metzelmax » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:48 pm

The Anterian Fleet [version 1.7] -- 29.07.2013 -- unsupported

I am not updating this one anymore. Look at my Galaxy mod instead.

In this Mod you get:

-> 6 new playable ships, all with different playstyles
-> 10 new weapons
-> 3 new on-board-drones + new images for your repair and battle drones
-> 5 new ship attack Drones

This Mod is part of the "A Strange New Galaxy"-Mod with custom events. Be sure to look there as well!

Background Story:
I best explain what this ships are all about. Back when my Friend and me were 14, we were all into Star Trek and played with self made lego-ships. But we got soon bored by the standard Species in the Star Trek Universe and began to develop our own races and ships. This was one of mine and I thought it would be a good start for a mod. Just to make it clear: These ships have nothing to do with the Terminator movies. I just called them that way.

Anterians

Species:
The Anterian are small, blue scaled Humanoids with a lifespan of about 25 years. Their Home Planet is surrounded by a huge Nebula, which consists mainly out of metal and other useful stuff they use to build ships. They were in a cold-war-state with the Quosaty (A species of Bug-like creatures developed by my friend).

-> Anterians will be represented as Zoltans, since their fragile health and science stuff fits them best.
-> Service Androids will aide the Anterians on the ships, represented by Engis.

(Actually Anterian ships are completely unmanned, but FTL works with a crew and you cant mod drones far enough, so here we go)

Technology:
The Anterian have specialized in A.I., robotic and Computers. Most of their work is done by specialized Androids, which are not sentient but intelligent enough to work without surveillance. The Anterian's Artificial Intelligences are so advanced that Androids are a common sight on their world. No Anterian has to do lower work himself, everything is done by Machines. Even their spaceships are mostly manned by Robots.

-> Repair, Anti person and Boarding drones have new Custom images and animations.
(ALL drones will be replaced, even the normal boarding drones etc, since all drones always use the same image)

Weapons:
All Anterian Weapons lack (high) damage, but are strong on a utility point of view.

The Ion Beam can overload systems.
-> Ion beam overloads all systems it hits dealing 2 system dmg, pierces 1 layer of shields, but does no damage.
The Heavy Ion Beam can overload systems while also doing dmg to hull.
-> The Heavy Ion beam overloads all systems it hits dealing 2 system dmg, pierces 1 layer of shields and does 1 damage. (not a starting weapon)
The Ion Laser Type Alpha can weaken shields and make for easier boarding.
-> Ion Laser fires 1 shot with 1 damage and 1 ion dmg.
The Ion Laser Type Beta can weaken shields even more and make for easier boarding.
-> Ion Laser fires 1 shot with 2 damage and 2 ion that pierces 1 layer of shields (not a starting weapon).
The Ion Laser Type Gamma can weaken shields and make for easier boarding.
-> Ion Laser fires 3 shots with 1 damage and 1 ion dmg. (not a starting weapon)
The Shock Laser Type Alpha uses Ion energy to overload selected systems. Its Ion is too weak to affect shields.
-> Shock Lasers deal 1 system dmg and 1 normal dmg (not Buyable, only for the Alpha scout)
The Shock Laser Type Beta uses Ion energy to overload selected systems. Its Ion is too weak to affect shields.
-> Shock Lasers deal 1 system dmg and 1 normal dmg; 2 shots
The Shock Laser Type Gamma uses Ion energy to overload selected systems. Its Ion is too weak to affect shields.
-> Shock Lasers deal 1 system dmg and 1 normal dmg; 3 shots (not a starting weapon)
The neutron missile sends out a radiation that only hurts organic life.
-> A Missile that kills any crew in the room it hits. It consumes 1 missile.
The neutron bomb teleports a Neutron warhead directly onto the ship.
-> A bomb that heavily injures any crew in the room it hits. It consumes 1 missile. (not a starting weapon).

Drones:

The Anterians have small vessels that are unmanned (which includes Androids) since they are way to small to allow anyone to be on board. These ships attack and sabotage enemy vessels as best they can.

Attack Drone Type Alpha:
-> Has a Shock Laser installed that does no actual ion damage to shields, but 1 system dmg to systems hit. Slow.
Attack Drone Type Beta:
-> Has a Type Alpha Ion Laser that does 1 dmg + 1 ion. Slow. (no starting drone)
Ion Beam Drone:
-> Shoots with an smaller version of the ion beam. 1 system dmg, but no shield piercing. Medium
Neutron Drone:
-> Shoots with Neutron Bolts that damages the crew for 4 dmg. Medium
Gamma Destroyer:
-> Only available for the Gamma Destroyer. 2 dmg + 2 systemdmg. Fast.

Ships:
The Ships are called Terminators (hey I was 14!) and go from Alpha to delta class. The ships are maned only by Androids, which will try to board a enemy ship if possible (since FTL requires a crew, there will be Anterians - Zoltans- along with some Service Androids -Engis- on the ships as well).
The Hull Armor of the Anterian Ships is superior to most other Spaceships, but their shields and weaponry lack power as a result.

-> Augment: Rock Plating (now 20%); Only 3 Weapon slots

Playable ships:

Alpha Terminator: Replaces Engi A
1 Ion Lasers Type A, 1 Ion Beam, 4 drones (2 S-6: anti person / 2 repair: R-7), 2 zoltan crew, 2 Augments(Rock Plat, Drone Reactor Booster)
Strategy: Anterian weapons lack strength, but they can easily disable entire ships. Try to focus the enemy weapons with your Ion beam at the start, after that bring down the shields and use the ion laser to destroy the ship. Upgrade your weapons so you can easier deal with the enemy shields. Try to buy some heavy damage Weapons later on to compensate for the lack of damage. Buy additional power really soon, since the Alpha Terminator has barely any at the start. Use your On Board dones when ever needed.
History: The Alpha Terminator is the standard ship of their species. It's the most common ship you can encounter in Anterian space. It's weaponry is strong enough to take on ships of equal sizes while the hull armor protects it from most lesser weapons.

Beta Terminator: Replaces Engi B
1 neutron Missile, 4 drones (GX-3: Boarding), 1 zoltan/2 Engi crew, Augment(Rock Plat)
Strategy: The Beta Terminator is a Boarding ship. You have 4 boarding drones, but can only use 2 at the start. Dont use neutron missiles unless necessary. You can destroy auto scouts by sending over your drones and let them repeatedly destroy their systems. You cant do any thing against Zoltan shields thou. You can use your Teleporter to increase your boarding capability, but your 1 zoltan and 2 Engi are really fragile and will die easy. So try get some better crew first.
History: The Beta Terminator is a Boarding ship. It's slightly larger than the Alpha variant, but has 4 times the Android count on board. Common tactic of these ships is it to send GX3 Androids on board of enemy ships while the Beta Terminator keeps firing Neutron Missiles at the ship, so the crew eventually dies to the Radiation. This ship class is feared by many.

Commando ship: Replaces Rock A
No weapons, 4 drones (2 attack A, 1 ion Beam, 1 Neutron), 4 zoltan, 2 Augments (Rock Plat, drone recovery)
Strategy: The Commando ship has no weapons at the start, but 4 attack drones. Use the 2 attack A drones to destroy enemies at the start. The Ion beam drone can help disable them; whilst the neutron drone can kill enemy crew. You will have to buy another attackdrone or weapon before the enemy reaches 2 shields or else you cant penetrate them.
History: The Commando ship is host to Anterian Generals overseeing an ongoing battle. This ship has way better hull armor and shields than all other Anterianships (and they are already quite durable), to protect its precious living cargo. The Commando ship takes control of all automated ships during a battle and gives attack orders. Many have made the mistake of focusing this ship to leave the fleet in disorder. But the Commando ship is strong enough to survive even focused attacks, so that the rest of the fleet can take care of the attackers.

Delta Battle Cruiser: Replaces Rock B
4 weaponsslots ( 2 ion Laser, 1 Neutron), 3 Droneslots (s-6,r-7, gx-3), 2 Engi, Augment(drone boost); No Shields
Strategy: You have no shields at the start. This means you have to focus their weapons always first, since you dont have any cloak or anything else to evade incoming dmg. You also have a teleporter and a Neutron missile, but its not wise to rely on boarding at the start. Avoid enemies with drone controls, since you cant do anything against attack drones.
History: The Anterian Ships lack dmg in their weaponry. In order to fix this the Battle cruiser class ships were build. They were basically overloaded with weapons so they could inflict high dmg (for Anterian standards) with their still weak weapons. The Battle Cruisers had really weak shields and hull armor as a consequence. No Anterian would ever travel on one of these ships, no matter what. They are entirely manned by Androids.

Gamma Destroyer: Replaces Kestrel A
3 weaponsslots (1 Shock Laser B), 3 Droneslots (2 Gamma Destroyers, 1 r-7), no crew, Augment(ftl recharge, titanium systems)
Strategy: You dont have any crew, but dont need any either. The Destroyer is an AI ship and all systems are automatically manned. Since you dont have a med bay, you shouldnt look for crew until you have it, or you cant heal them and they will only die and be useless. Other than that, the destroyer is fairly easy. Just use your starting weapon, upgrade 4 power and use your drones. The r-7 repair drone is only there so your repairs dont take forever.
History: The Destroyer classes are the smallest Anterian ships and their biggest Androids at the same time. The whole ships are actually one giant AI-controlled Android. These ships dont have crew on board (ofc no Anterians, but no other Androids as well), aside from some repair robots. The Destroyers are highly mobile vessels which are used to distract enemies form the bigger ships. Destroyers fight nearly always as a group of 3-6, since one alone cant do much vs. most ships.

Alpha Scout: Replaces Kestrel B
3 weaponsslots (3 Shock Laser A), 4 Droneslots (2 S-6, 2 r-7), no crew, Augment(longrange sensors, drone boost)
Strategy: You dont have any crew, but dont need any either. Dont go for Crew until you bought a med bay or else you cant heal them. The Scout has lvl 3 sensors from the start as well as long range senors. This way you can choose when to fight. Your weapons are effective until the enemy gets 3 shields. The gap in between the ship can be crossed, dont you worry. It only takes your guys some time.
*Note: There is a bug with the gap. If you turn of a repair/fighting drone while its within the gap, the game crashes. That's bad and all, but nothing I can fix, since that's a problem of the movement AI of the drones, which I cant change. So just dont turn the drones off while they are in between.*
History: The Anterians priority never has been on building small ships. They prefer large cruisers that are hard as a brick. But some jobs are best done by smaller lighter crafts. The Alpha Scout is a really fragile little ship, that is only manned by a small Android contingent including some repair drones. It lacks any heavy weapon but has its front modified into one giant Sensor and Broadcast device. These ships are used to scout through the large nebula which surrounds the Anterian homeworlds and detect enemies long before they even can detect the scout themselves. The Alpha Scout is not the best fighting ship, but the best in avoiding a fight.

(all missing systems can be bought later on)

Download: http://bit.ly/10e6Ejc

Lets play by Bren (very old version):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXGCW8tdTBU&feature=youtu.be
Lets play by Bren (version 1.4):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Pj8i2pDYo&feature=youtu.be
Lets play by Bren (version 1.5):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmJI7nE4H_c&feature=youtu.be

Feedback is welcome!

upcoming:

--

I have used the Superluminal ship editor to create the ships:
http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11251
Last edited by Metzelmax on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 68 times in total.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
DryEagle

Re: [Ship + Weapon(s)] Anterian Alpha Terminator [WIP]

Postby DryEagle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:38 pm

some screenshots would be nice:

1. upload to imgur
2. copy the image url, the bit starting with 'http' and ending with '.png' or '.jpg' which will henceforth be called LINK1
3. add the lowercase letter L to the end of the group of 6-8 random letters from the url; this new url will henceforth be called LINK2
4. format image links as follows:

Code: Select all

[url=LINK1][img]LINK2[/img][/url]

for example,

Code: Select all

[url=http://i.imgur.com/eLNQOjj.png][img]http://i.imgur.com/eLNQOjjl.png[/img][/url]
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
Metzelmax

Re: [Ships + Weapons] Anterian Alpha Terminator 21.03.13 [WI

Postby Metzelmax » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:56 am

Added:

-pictures
-neutron missiles
-Beta Terminator

*Note: The Ion beams are bugged at the moment. They collapse the shields of an enemy ship no matter how many rooms they hit (if the enemy has 4 shields, the ion beam adds 7 ion damage to shields in an instant then goes over the hull). I see if there is a way to fix this. If not I might replace the beams with another weapon.*
ImageImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Re: [Ships + Weapons] Anterian Alpha Terminator 21.03.13 [WI

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:34 am

hmmm looks like fun to lets play, gonna do it later LOL
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Metzelmax

Re: [Costum ship+boarddrones] Anterian Terminators 23.03.13[

Postby Metzelmax » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:15 pm

-> Added Custom Images for Boarding/Anti-per Drones
(Note that ALL drones are useing this images now, even the normal boarding drone. That is because in the xml, there is only one Image source for all drones and I dont see a way to add new ones to it. Hard coded)

-> I gave up on the Ion Beam. It just shieldpierces now but has no ion.
If anyone knows how to fix ion beams, or has a good Idea for an alternative weapon, I am always glade for advice.
ImageImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:43 pm

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:38 am

BrenTenkage wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXGCW8tdTBU&feature=youtu.be

Here ya go, it was fun ^_^

Man you fucked up.^^

shield piercing on beams means they ignore a amount of shields. so 2 dmg + 2 shield pierce is full dmg on 1-2 shields, 1 dmg reduced on 3 shields, 2 dmg on 4 shields = 0 dmg.

But doesnt matter, since I intend to change /replace ion beams with something else ( at first I had ion on the ion beams, but they collapsed all shields no matter how many rooms hit, so I removed it).

but non are less great show.

ps: you should have played the Beta ship, it's more fun with its boarding drones.
Last edited by Metzelmax on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:26 pm

-> Changed Ion Beam into a Ion laser.
Fires one shot that deals 1 damage, 1 ion, and pierces 1 shield.
ImageImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:45 pm

Metzelmax wrote:-> Changed Ion Beam into a Ion laser.

Yeah I know I screwed up but hey what ya gonna do. Still it was entertaining and the ship does look awesome so yeah
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:04 pm

BrenTenkage wrote:
Metzelmax wrote:-> Changed Ion Beam into a Ion laser.

Yeah I know I screwed up but hey what ya gonna do. Still it was entertaining and the ship does look awesome so yeah

ty^^
ImageImageImageImage