[SHIPS/WEAPONS] Star Trek Universe - Final update!.

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: [SHIP/S] Star Trek Universe (Wip)

Postby speedoflight » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:47 pm

Im trying to test the layout and position of the default in-game weapons, but when i load one of em in the defiant or enterprise layout, they dont show up, the icon is only the one that appears for the default basic laser. When i start the game, that icon changes to an empty one, and i cant use it or anything. I can buy a defaul weapon in a shop and replace that slot and everything goes to normal again. Any ideas??

BTw, since i noticed the in-game default weapons are really not fited to slide-right only (some of the looks really bad or they just show only half of the weapon), i will just do the custom weapons as always. Some firing points will be displaced, but i cant do anything about that. If u guys can look into it, maybe u find something that im not aware off. But is this, or just quit modding...
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
speedoflight

Re: [SHIP/S] Star Trek Universe (Wip)

Postby speedoflight » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi guys, updated the link on the first post.

In the end, the dumbest thing was happening to me with the position of the firing points. It turned out that i had the proyectile graphics a bit deeper in the bottom, so it was transparent content below the main graphic image and that was causing, for a really weird reason, that mirrored weapons had bugged firepoint positions. I fixed all of it.

The weapon turrets are a little big, but they are cool as they are. Anyways i can make em smaller if u guys feel its better.

Enjoy! and feedback is welcome!

P.D.: Is there any possibility of custom cloaking sounds?
ImageImage
UltraMantis

Re: [SHIP/S] Star Trek Universe (Wip) UPDATED 6/03

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:00 am

I belive you can replace the cloaking sound and it would affect all cloaking ships. Probably not possible to create specific sounds.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:35 am

The Enterprise has a drone control center place, but no drone slots. That's stupid. Either it should have no droncontroll or one with slots. I would say at least the enterprise should have drones ( maybe shuttles?), since it doesnt have the insane speed of the defiant.

Or if you intend to change all missiles in the game to only partial shield piercing, no drones might be ok. But it would be a waste of an existing mechanic.

Borg ships will need drones ofc, either for antiperson/repair, or for a hull repair drone since borg have no shields.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:34 am

Metzelmax wrote:The Enterprise has a drone control center place, but no drone slots. That's stupid. Either it should have no droncontroll or one with slots. I would say at least the enterprise should have drones ( maybe shuttles?), since it doesnt have the insane speed of the defiant.

Or if you intend to change all missiles in the game to only partial shield piercing, no drones might be ok. But it would be a waste of an existing mechanic.

Borg ships will need drones ofc, either for antiperson/repair, or for a hull repair drone since borg have no shields.

No it is not stupid. The idea is to allow the enterprise to have drone control, but not present at the start of the game, like all the ships has teleport installed but not present at the start. I didnt give it actual drones because even if the enterprise is a big ship and it should have at least 1 or 2 shuttles (drones), that will make it unbalanced with already 5 crew members. One of the most important things in the game is the number of the crew u have in every moment.
With 5 crew members, a starting ship has enough to compensate anything else. If i do that with the Enterprise, i will need to do it with the klingons, romulans and any side, since all of em have shuttles. But if someone else thinks the Enterprise needs shuttles, just let me know and for popular demand i will change it!! (and i will make custom drones of course.. ^^). In any case, i can set the crew to 4 and add 1 shuttle, ideas?

About the borg, of course. I am planning to replace the Engi with em, since the engi is the most closer thing to the borg, with the repair speed. Since im planning to make borg ships without shields, they will have the hull integrity increased and some augments. They will be maybe the strongest race, so they will have as well 2 starting "interceptors" and 8 crew members (a cube).
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:51 pm

UltraMantis wrote:I belive you can replace the cloaking sound and it would affect all cloaking ships. Probably not possible to create specific sounds.

yup, but wat i wanted is to make custom cloak sounds for every ship (better said, for every side), so the romulans, for example have their characteristic cloak sound of the movies/shows. But i guess its not possible, there are so many things that should be able to mod... sigh. :?, but wat i ma going to do is to replace the main cloak sound, its not too different from the game one, but i think a change will be nice :p
ImageImage
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:49 pm

There is no problem with buying the dronecontroll later on. What I meant was, that there are no slots where you can put the drones. I bought the drone control and gained a system repair, which I cant equip since there are no slots. The enterprise has zero drone slots, but can still upgrade the drone control up to max (just with no use). Its not like the cloaking, which shows you in the shop, that it has no upgrades, so you know you cant buy it.

Maybe its a bug.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Sounds like a blueprint error then. Does the ship blueprint have this:
<droneSlots>x</droneSlots>

x is the number of drones that can be activated at once. More than 3 will break the UI visually and is very strong. 2 drones is what most ships have.
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Thats weird, since i checked the entire blueprint before i packed the ftl. The enterprise should have 3 drone slots.

Anyways, im working in the next update, that will solve any possibles issues. The Enterprise will have -1 crew member and will start with the NCC-Cousteau (The captain's yacht of the Enterprise) as a combat shuttle. But this shuttle will need 3 power so its probably that u will not be able to use it in conjunction with other weapons, or almost only 1 (this is intended to make some balance).

Im having a little trouble with the drone engine thing, i cant make it to animate in the right spot. Someone knows if the "dogde" value on the drone blueprint is related to this? anyways, trying it now..
ImageImage
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:49 pm

One thing about drones, the FTL originals are made to be radial. I had similar trouble with TIE Fighters. Best get rid of the engine sprite entirely.