My experice with the game

General discussion about the game.
u1U999Cv205

Re: My experice with the game

Postby u1U999Cv205 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Agent_L wrote:
Ashenai wrote:Also, if you really are up against an enemy you can't realistically beat, running away is always an option.

Exactly. "The one who runs away will live to fight another day."

lol unless he gets fucked in the next jump :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
u1U999Cv205

Postby u1U999Cv205 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:45 pm

Except that for six mantis to get through, your shields would need to be down. Random boarding events never send more than four guys over. Sure, the boarding mantis might be the reason why your shields were down, but surely the time it took to take off your shield would let you do some damage to the boarders. You shouldn't need to fight six full-health mantis straight up, ever

Dude in my experience, they seems to bypass the shields. I think because I never got the chance to buy the teleporter upgrade -because all my excess crap is spent on reparing the damn hull -.-'' they dont need to get pass your shield to teleport in. When they do, like once these motherF*ckers went stright into my drone base, i tried fighting them .. they shat all over my men, by the time they healed they already had taken out my engines and shield. I get fucked from all sides.

I was only once able to defeat a complete boarding with sbombs, 3 level doors, 6 crews members. It was hell but unforunately I lost in the 2nd jump because of how random the game is.
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:24 pm

u1U999Cv205 wrote:
Except that for six mantis to get through, your shields would need to be down. Random boarding events never send more than four guys over. Sure, the boarding mantis might be the reason why your shields were down, but surely the time it took to take off your shield would let you do some damage to the boarders. You shouldn't need to fight six full-health mantis straight up, ever

Dude in my experience, they seems to bypass the shields. I think because I never got the chance to buy the teleporter upgrade -because all my excess crap is spent on reparing the damn hull -.-'' they dont need to get pass your shield to teleport in.

You didn't understood.
"Boarding event" DOES bypass Zoltan Shield. However, boarding event never create more than 4 Mantii.

The other 2 Mantii must've come from the enemy ship, via regular teleporter. Regular teleporter can't bypass Zoltan Shield.

Upgrading teleporter means nothing here. Upgraded TP has shorter colldown, that's all.

(Actually there are boarding events with up to 6 invaders, but they're locked to Humans)
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!