RNG and Stores.

General discussion about the game.
zJack7331

RNG and Stores.

Postby zJack7331 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:52 pm

The other day, I fired up FTL and started a playthrough using the red-tail (Kestrel B) and I was doing really well until sector 6-8, where I became stuck when people had 3 shields, and my fourth shot missed almost every time. Why hadn't I bought any weapons? You ask. Well I couldn't.
I visited EVERY store in the sector path chose, yet I only ever got a hull laser 1, which was practically the same as my basic laser (1 burst) and I got annihiliated on the boss, as I couldn't take down it's shields. I didn't find any weapons, nor drones. I couldn't buy any drones, as there weren't any in the shops.

I was so annoyed by this, and I haven't played FTL for a few days :l
spacecadet13

Re: RNG and Stores.

Postby spacecadet13 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Yep, that happens, just had a run where found ONE crew member all the way through to the boss and lost two to events..taking on the boss witha Zoltan and a slug was a challenge...to much of a challenge as it turned out, went KA-BOOM early in the second stage, but was pretty pleased to have got that far, given what a crappy run I'd had luck-wise
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:41 pm

I believe that was the Universe telling you "play invader this time".
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
StarWarsOZ

Postby StarWarsOZ » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:14 am

This game will sometimes just laugh at you ( :lol: ) as you stumble through the sectors without any weapons, drones etc.

You just had a really bad/unlucky run, and we all get those sometimes. This game isn't easy to win, and you had no chance if you didn't find good weapons.

When you die, just play again, which hopefully will turn out better then the last run. If the same thing happens again, well then you have an excuse to rage quit :D
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson
zJack7331

Postby zJack7331 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:43 am

Tried again - tried going boarding. This time I was doing really well, I found a second Mantis and had a fully leveled boarding crew. Somewhere in sector 4/5, I was against a ship :D with a 5 burst laser, and I had 4 shields. (It's my tactic, works for me :) ) and it did one damage. Little did I know the enemy ship was comprised of Rock men and Mantis, so I was royally screwed. I pulled both my men out when one was on 4hp (I believe his name was Scotch or Notch) and the 5th burst laser hit my teleporter, killing one of my men.
I raged that day.
icepick

Postby icepick » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:31 pm

zJack7331 wrote:and the 5th burst laser hit my teleporter, killing one of my men.
I raged that day.

Haha, yeah. This happened to me too.
doomeater54

Postby doomeater54 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:07 am

zJack7331 wrote:and the 5th burst laser hit my teleporter, killing one of my men.
I raged that day.

once that happened to me only as they were about to go into the medbay