Oh god I am so pissed!!

General discussion about the game.
flamewolf393

Oh god I am so pissed!!

Postby flamewolf393 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:45 am

On my 4th try I finally got to the final boss, after an insanely hard fight I blew it up, I thought I had won until I saw he had fired one last missile before he died, and it killed me. Game over right after killing the boss... wtf man... just wtf. :evil: :x
jamotide

Re: Oh god I am so pissed!!

Postby jamotide » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:24 am

Thats actually pretty amazing, much more interesting than just another win, you will soon get used to those boring wins.
samseng813

Postby samseng813 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:44 am

Congratulation because you kill the boss.
But you got some bad move, why the boss have missile when near dead?
A good player know how to disable enemy weapon after weaken their defense.
So the advice for you is target enemy weapon after their shield subsystem near red.
Happy learning. You are doing good, at least you are not a weak skilled whiner that commonly found in this forum.
May the scrap with you
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:39 am

Congratulations,
Here's your posthumous Hero of the Soviet Union medal:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Golde ... al_473.jpg
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
flamewolf393

Postby flamewolf393 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Yeah I understand trying to take out the weapons, but I was trying to take out the shields first so i could get to the weapons. The problem was that the systems were getting repaired almost as fast as I could damage them. In this play through I never got access to an ion weapon for the systems.
Madhax

Postby Madhax » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:14 pm

flamewolf393 wrote:Yeah I understand trying to take out the weapons, but I was trying to take out the shields first so i could get to the weapons. The problem was that the systems were getting repaired almost as fast as I could damage them. In this play through I never got access to an ion weapon for the systems.

The flagship's weapon systems are isolated from the rest of the ship, so boarding them to kill the gunner then destroy the system is an effective strategy.
Cactuschef

Postby Cactuschef » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:47 pm

I guess if it would have been your first boss kill, that would be annoying. but once you've had some experience with the game, i agree with jamotide. if this happened to me i'd be laughing my ass off.
StarWarsOZ

Postby StarWarsOZ » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:26 am

I understand where you are coming from, this happened to me, but we both shot at the same time (his super weapon) and you will break apart faster than the boss.

But I just sat there laughing, thinking "oh good, another way this game can SCREW US OVER :x "
If it was your first boss fight, then sorry mate, that is just bad luck. But if you got that far, then you shouldn't have to much trouble doing it again.
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson
hannofcart

Postby hannofcart » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Madhax wrote:The flagship's weapon systems are isolated from the rest of the ship, so boarding them to kill the gunner then destroy the system is an effective strategy.

Damn! That is indeed a good strategy. Gotta try it out!
undergroundmonorail

Postby undergroundmonorail » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:19 pm

hannofcart wrote:
Madhax wrote:The flagship's weapon systems are isolated from the rest of the ship, so boarding them to kill the gunner then destroy the system is an effective strategy.

Damn! That is indeed a good strategy. Gotta try it out!

Keep the second gunner from the left alive. As long as you have three shields he can't hurt you, and if you kill all the people the AI takes over.