Victory!

General discussion about the game.
Mattamue

Victory!

Postby Mattamue » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:10 am

Just beat the flagship after 9 tries. 9 full tries getting to sector 8 every time in various setups with just as varied chances of actually beating the evil thing. Brought it down with a mantis boarding team (who regularly got to 6 hp during play), pegasus missle, two burst lazer II, and cloak.

[spoiler]Phase 2 is the hardest, imo. Between the missle launcher, the constant drones and the power surge I had to scramble to mitigate all that damage. The damn boarding drone got past my defense drone too, the asshole.[/spoiler]

Thanks Subset,

I don't raise my arms, fist pump and triumphantly shout often and never at the end of a game. That was rewarding and frustrating at the same time.

How did you celebrate?
zJack7331

Re: Victory!

Postby zJack7331 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:01 am

I haven't.
I get to sector 8, then the damn powersurge kills me each time.

This is as Zoltan A.
tysonlee

Postby tysonlee » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:20 am

I was thinking a little bit ago that I'd love to have the purple Pirate Jolly Kraken on a black t-shirt. I was also thinking that the different insignia would be pretty cool, or perhaps some colored silhouettes in perhaps little segmented blocks (Have a distinct impression in my mind what I'm thinking of but words fail me...) Any ideas?
Last edited by tysonlee on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
xdiesp

Postby xdiesp » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:03 am

Make a shirt of the flagship being given the bird, thats my victory dance.
StarWarsOZ

Postby StarWarsOZ » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:11 am

Mattamue wrote:Just beat the flagship after 9 tries. 9 full tries getting to sector 8 every time in various setups with just as varied chances of actually beating the evil thing. Brought it down with a mantis boarding team (who regularly got to 6 hp during play), pegasus missle, two burst lazer II, and cloak.

[spoiler]Phase 2 is the hardest, imo. Between the missle launcher, the constant drones and the power surge I had to scramble to mitigate all that damage. The damn boarding drone got past my defense drone too, the asshole.[/spoiler]

Thanks Subset,

I don't raise my arms, fist pump and triumphantly shout often and never at the end of a game. That was rewarding and frustrating at the same time.

How did you celebrate?

How did I celebarte? HOW DID I CEEBRATE?

I started again, on nooooooormal. :o
Scary, I know.

I also shouted YES at the top of my lungs and almost hit the roof with my fist, but haven't done that again.
Great game, I will keep playing it while I pretend to do homework.
Just need to unlock teh slug and mantis ships, then I will have EVERYTHING :twisted:
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
Bill Watterson
Madhax

Postby Madhax » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:22 pm

How did I celebarte? HOW DID I CEEBRATE?

I started again, on nooooooormal. :o
Scary, I know.

I also shouted YES at the top of my lungs and almost hit the roof with my fist, but haven't done that again.
Great game, I will keep playing it while I pretend to do homework.
Just need to unlock teh slug and mantis ships, then I will have EVERYTHING :twisted:

My celebration was remarkably similar to this. Beat him with the Red Tail on easy, switched to normal using the Federation Cruiser, went to town.

And in regards to the OP's spoiler: My trick for phase 2 Flagship is to immediately board their missle station and concentrate all firepower on their droid station. With good guns, I've managed to disable the first boarding drone before it ever reaches me (though it still causes a hull breach), and with the two starting drones deactivated the power surge often isn't enough to bypass shields with a little luck.
icepick

Postby icepick » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:56 pm

How did I celebrate the first time? I think I yelled whoo really loud. Like a a lot. And the fist pumping. So not so different from you.

Mostly now I just breathe a huge sigh of relief, haha. It is stressful getting chased like that!
Fangz

Postby Fangz » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Mattamue wrote:How did you celebrate?

I kill a goat from my herd and drink its blood while it's warm.