Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Grognak

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager (v1.3)

Postby Grognak » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:45 am

I've committed the fancy-pants new GUI prototype on Github. It's currently is not completely functional, but will still let you select mods to patch just like before. You're all welcome to check it out if you have a chance. :)
Howzet

Postby Howzet » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Well, just to let you know, I managed to get the lag sorted out. Quick restart and some maintenance got it all worked out. :) Thanks for a great and simple tool Grognak. It's really helpful and I appreciate it.
ser_aerochorro

Postby ser_aerochorro » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:47 pm

mrgstiffler wrote:It looks like the problem was with os.path.split(argv[0])[0]. I changed that to os.getcwd() + '/' and it's working now. Here's the application I made with py2app:

http://www.gregstiffler.com/gmm.zip

Does that actually work? Because when I was editing the main.py to make it work to mac, I recall that os.getcwd() didn't actually work very good. However, I can easily believe that the argv thing didn't work. I see that in his new version Grognak has used os.path.realpath(__file__), so that should be fixed.

Grognak, the new main.py doesn't work on Mac :< I'll fix it.
superfred9

Postby superfred9 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:21 pm

Avast thinks this program is a virus :?: It says it is malaware.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:53 pm

superfred9 wrote:Avast thinks this program is a virus :?: It says it is malaware.

As stated upthread, this is a false positive.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
mrgstiffler

Postby mrgstiffler » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:23 pm

ser_aerochorro wrote:
mrgstiffler wrote:It looks like the problem was with os.path.split(argv[0])[0]. I changed that to os.getcwd() + '/' and it's working now. Here's the application I made with py2app:

http://www.gregstiffler.com/gmm.zip

Does that actually work? Because when I was editing the main.py to make it work to mac, I recall that os.getcwd() didn't actually work very good. However, I can easily believe that the argv thing didn't work. I see that in his new version Grognak has used os.path.realpath(__file__), so that should be fixed.

Grognak, the new main.py doesn't work on Mac :< I'll fix it.

It works great for me. Your problem may have been that os.getcwd() doesn't add a trailing slash.
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:29 pm

ser_aerochorro wrote:Grognak, the new main.py doesn't work on Mac :< I'll fix it.

No need, I just forgot to remove a line. It should(?) work now.
carrots_macduff

Postby carrots_macduff » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:26 am

ive made a post in the tech support section about this aswell, but for some reason whenever i use your mod manager, it replaces all the text and graphics in my game with yellow exclamation marks, even when i run it without installing any mods at all. help plz
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:29 am

Try deleting your /resources/ folder. After that:
If you have steam:
Verify your game cache
If you use the DRM free version:
Redownload the ZIP file and copy it's fresh /resources/ in.

This is assuming you are using Windows... more details would be very nice in the future. :)
carrots_macduff

Postby carrots_macduff » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:37 am

thanks for the quick reply.

i deleted the resources folder and reinstalled the game, and now everything seems to be working. for the record i am using windows.