[MOD] Federation Scout, Bomber and Outcast Variants

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Whale Cancer

[MOD] Federation Scout, Bomber and Outcast Variants

Postby Whale Cancer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:46 pm

EDIT: This mod is made obsolete by my new 8 scouts mod. Please use that one instead: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3331; that mod doesn't have the bomber, but an 8 Bombers mod will be out in a week or so.

ORIGINAL POST FOLLOWS

Is FTL too easy for you? Why not try a ship with only half the health of a normal one? One that can only mount half the weapons of a standard ship?

Presenting the Federation Scout (The Intrepid), Bomber (The Blitzkrieg) and their Outcast Variants (The Falcon and The Corsair)

COMPATIBLE WITH GROGNAK'S MOD MANAGER; THANKS GROGNAK!

The Intrepid is a light scout/science vessel which has nice engines, but doesn't pack much punch.

It's Outcast variant is a hunter/killer stealth ship; it has nice weapons and a starting cloak (and cloak weapons!), but it is still on a rather fragile frame.

The Blitzkrieg comes equipped with a pegasus missile launcher, but only a light laser as a backup. This makes it highly ammo dependent.

The corsair is a dedicated boarding vessel, with a 4-person transporter and 4-person medbay; it's armaments, however, leave something to be desired.

This file is a small UI mod that modifies your hull health bar to have 15 units, instead of 30 (as both of these ships have only 15 hull points): https://sites.google.com/site/sebcraftland/15hp_ships.ftl?attredirects=0&d=1

These are the two bombers: https://sites.google.com/site/sebcraftland/bomber_beta.ftl?attredirects=0&d=1

These are the two scouts: https://sites.google.com/site/sebcraftland/scout_beta.ftl?attredirects=0&d=1

Yes, this makes the game a fair bit harder. But I am going to be using these in a larger mod which will account for this. Until then, I offer these up as a sort of 'hard mode'.
Last edited by Whale Cancer on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Doom Lich

Re: [MOD] Federation Scout, Bomber and Outcast Variants

Postby Doom Lich » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:03 pm

What ships do these replace?
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Stealth ship and the Mantis Cruiser (if you look at the pictures, the achievements are there indicating what ships they replace).

With Grognak's mod manager, though, I don't see it as a big issue which ones are replaced. If you want to do a game with a ship in .ftl format, you just launch the manager, select it, launch the game... 15 seconds. Then when you want to go back to default, another 15 seconds.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Doom Lich

Postby Doom Lich » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:06 pm

I can't see the pictures. They just say "image"
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Doom Lich wrote:I can't see the pictures. They just say "image"

Don't know why that would be. If anyone else has this problem (or knows why it might occur), please let me know.

I see them fine, of course.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 pm

i'm having the same problem
Doom Lich

Postby Doom Lich » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:12 pm

I sort of figured out a workaround. I right clicked where it said imagine and copied image location. Plugged that into my address bar and I can see the image fine.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Gorlom wrote:

I'll host the pictures elsewhere, see if that solves things. Weird.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Whale Cancer wrote:
Gorlom wrote:

I'll host the pictures elsewhere, see if that solves things. Weird.

you could always upload the images to this forum. under save drafts / preview / submit buttons there's a little square that says options, besides that there's an "upload attachment" tab.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Sadly, they are about 100kb too big. They are just screens of the ships in the hanger; don't really want to cut them down from that.

Anyway, hosted them elsewhere. Let's hope that worked.