[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Mositron

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.2 [The Multiverse Update]

Postby Mositron » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:00 am

Mositron wrote:Edit: Also can you tell me the the things which can be in the pandoras box!?

Also i have a question about the "earth" quest. I had found the base, the barrel and the preigniter prototype but couldnt use or do anything with it (except using the preigniter for 12% faster charge). What did i miss!?
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.2 [The Multiverse Update]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:29 pm

Before 3.2 I believe the event was broken slightly because the event didn't check your storage only your active weapon slots because it used a blueprint list, it should be fixed in 3.2 as the blue option for construction (which is activated from the storage check event) is now tied to the base-piece specifically.

Pandora's box will either give you a;
ancient laser, 20 repairs, 20 fuel, 90 scrap, 10 missiles, and 10 drone parts
or;
20 damage, loose a crew, lose 20 scrap 5 missiles and 5 droneparts
Mositron

Postby Mositron » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:42 pm

Thx for your response...weird that the event didn´t trigger then, here´s my load order. Just have fresh installed everything yesterday so i don´t know why it won´t work.

TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:32 pm

Ah I found the issue, recursive wasn't turned on for storage check (its a newer feature with hyperspace) so sub-subsequent events in the storage check weren't also checking storage. It'll be fixed for 3.3, but for now you can just move the gatling barrel and base to an active weapon slot to make the event check for them.
Mositron

Postby Mositron » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:00 am

Ok i was to afraid to try it because i was in the 7th sector with a very good setup...but was does the red button augment which you can push before a fight do!? :D
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:27 am

Mositron wrote:Ok i was to afraid to try it because i was in the 7th sector with a very good setup...but was does the red button augment which you can push before a fight do!? :D

It'd go about as well as you'd think pushing a button installed by shifty slugs would go. It also gives a clear indication about what would happen if you attempt to use it.

It just kills you, like dead, end of run, gone. Don't press it.
Mositron

Postby Mositron » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:25 am

Thx for your response. Yeah i thought this would happen but afterwards i was like "hmm maybe sth cool happens" :D
Mositron

Postby Mositron » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:14 am

Just a minor detail, the "shots per charge" on the old burst laser II says one but it still shots three lasers.
Mositron

Postby Mositron » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:48 pm

Hi, me again. On seed 1248302503 in sector 2 (duskbringer sector) there´s unfortunately no exit.
Is there any way to avoid this problem!? So are there any hints before enter a sector that there is maybe a problem!?

Btw almost played 50 runs and still loving the mod itself. I think i can´t go back to vanilla now, everything feels so natural in this mod, no bullshit like in captain´s edition, well balanced.
I´m so glad i installed it, was a little bit scared because of the difficulter mod installation compared to normal mods. But everything is easy and well described, take´s just a minute and your ready to go.

So i´m looking forward an hoping for a long future support :D
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:36 am

The no exit bug is a hyperspace issue from 0.4.1. Hyperspace 0.5, which is still in development (though Swift has said he hopes to release tomorrow) fixes this, and many other bugs.

Multiverse 3.3 has actually been done for several days now but not ready for release as it requires hyperspace 0.5. I've started on 3.4 already so hopefully those two updates will be able to come out in quick succession to make up for the long wait.

Glad you're enjoying the mod so much! It's always good to hear people are liking the mod. If you have any suggestions/criticisms/other bug reports please don't hesitate.