Is there any way to mod crew stats, add more races / descriptions, etc?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Fins

Is there any way to mod crew stats, add more races / descriptions, etc?

Postby Fins » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi. I'd like to know if any of the following is anyhow possible to do, and if so - how to do it (each of the following) in a most other-mod-compatible way:

- create new races (complete with pictures, descriptions, in-game effects and animations). For example, can a mod be made to make a "hybrid" race of, say, Engi+Lanius, which would then have 1/2 damage from lack of oxygen, +50% repair speed, and -25% combat damage?

- create new type of bomb launcher which would "merge" 2 crew members into one crew member of such a "hybrid" race when used on one's own ship and hitting the room where those two crew members are?

- change % of crew skills per-level and add more levels (re-balancing effects of level 1 and level 2 of course), with updating descriptions of skills accordingly?

- add random generation to each particular crew member appearing, like, for example, each Crystal crew having not just fixed -20% movement speed, but, say, a random value from -40% to -10% or somesuch, and have in-game crew description properly telling exact percentage?

Thank you, in advance, for any suggestion / info!
Jumbocarrot0

Re: Is there any way to mod crew stats, add more races / descriptions, etc?

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:22 pm

Sorry to break it to you, but everything you suggested is very much impossible for conventional mods.

People are working on ways to modify the game in ways that could allow the implementation of what you asked, but I'm not an expert in that kind of modding.
Fins

Postby Fins » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:21 am

Thanks for heads up, and frankly, i expected as much. Please note how i said "anyhow possible", right? :)

i'll wait and i'll hope. ;)
Warkin I. Volselli

Postby Warkin I. Volselli » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:48 am

You might already know this, but there was a new modding framework called Hyperspace that adds many new modding capabilities, including the ability to add new races.
bep